Punjab Needs Us

AK-Sentali

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahegure Ji ki Fateh.

Yesterday I was talking to the guys from punjab at my uni, literally about all these issues hitting punjab.

1. Punjab Infustructure - No jobs (especially I.T) these guys have to go to Bangalore.

Jobs which are available in punjab are mostly in Chandigarh, and the people who get the jobs are usually connected with ministers and pay money under the table to get them. So the guys who work really hard don't always get the best jobs. The private jobs which are available are not paying enough, around Rs5000 a month, which is nothing.

2. Petrol prices Rs70 a litre i think(don't qoute me, might be the price of a full tank). and the only reason the prices went up was because of the war on iraq, India and Iraq had a good relationship and hence oil was cheaper.

3. This Baba, who says he can make the 7 setaray.

4. All the young people of punjab coming into foreign countries. Rather than trying to make changes in their own country, they HAVE to come to other countries to provide for their families. With the lack job oppurtunities, and labour jobs paying hardly Rs100 a day, how can they feed their families. And even the jobs priority is given to the stoot castes. I understand that in Sikhi their is no Caste, but surely a job should be offered to you on your abilities.

5. Drugs are a major major problem in punjab, nearly 80% of the guys left in punjab on on drugs. be it Smack, Heroine. The amount of off licences opened in punjab have qudrupled. So much so that it was cheaper to buy a four pack of beers than water.

Drugs such as smack are in so much demand that even the pharmacies sell them. Them drugs sell more than the medical drugs. I asked the student from punjab, doesn't police do anything. they laughed. They said their the ones selling them, if they don't sell they go out of pocket. This was a problem which really had me worried. even got me researching into anti drugs campaigns. And didn't find any major clinics. I saw an article from one of the sikh websites. but have forgotten which one but it was written about one clinic where they shave the addicts hair including eyebrows, so they will now run away. The article also spoke about it not being right and not the gurmat way. This is one place in which we can help our punjab, even if we can set up a campaign or anything to counter anything. But then my reluctance came into play and thought that all these drugs where do they come from. My thoughts only turned to the government, and the fat cats of punjab.

6. Their are so many educational institutes in Punjab now, that colleges are finding it hard to enrol students. I s'pose its not bad, but some of these colleges do not have many recognised boards. So if a student wants to come to the UK the college they attend would have to be apart of a certain board for them to be eligible for their application to be accepted.

In the next ten years most india's population is going to be under 20's, which is the only shown promise that the young population will be educated and changes will come.

p.s. forgot about the water issue.

one and only solution khalistan

...khalistan is not a myth with some courage and determination it can be achived through peaceful methods

...for example like the water termination act, if the punjab government passes a act that clearly says khalistan is a sepertae country and no longer wish to stay in indian union then under the constitution India has no say in it.

...and in matter of minutes we have khalistan

Come on guys khalistan is not the soloution, i support khalistan 100%. But dont agree khalistan just being in punjab. Khalistan needs to be beyond punjab.

And before we start thinking about our independance, we need to sort out our sikh in punjab, which is the root to khalistan.

Look at the elections in punjab, the Shirmoni Akali Dal just wins with a few thousand more votes. And plus the hindu population in punjab is growing, Its over 40% now. If the Akal Takht dont win thats our punjab gone out our own hands.

Along with the India goverment, the westernise culture is attacking our sikhi too.

most of the youths on this firum chat about khalistan but wudnt live there if we got it.... well i think you guys need to think again - we need our sikhs to return and sort punjab out ourselves cos a lot of the sikhs in punjab are fading and as we are outside we can see it happening - we have an advantage being here - get educated and take it back to punjba is what i say...then khalistan can be achieved in seconds - we are the next generation - the next generation in punjab have lost faith in the leaders (idiotic ones i might add) and they need new ones....put our heads together and we can achieve this waheguru ji kirpa karke

naam jappo