Akj Amrit Sanchar

Guest _random_

Guest _random_

FIRST OF ALL ID LIKE TO SAY IM NOT TRYING TO START A DEBATE ON AKJ VS. ? , i just have one simple question and that's im going to the may smagam (akj) in BC and theres an amrit sanchar there, i need to go pesh i have waited along time but the only thing is i odnt wear a dastar and originally when i took amrit when i was younder it was the normal amrit sanchar like you kno what i mean not akj one or taksali i really dont know the difference but my friend told me akj one is quite different and they have different rules so i should wait til the summer when they have amrit sanchar at the gurudwara i orignally took amrit? I dont kno if it matters but i just needed some advice.

I dont see a problem with you going to the amrit sanchar arranged by the akj sevadaars. Like you said yourself you will have to wear a dastar as it is part of the rehit the panj piayre give you there. If the akj amrit sanchar is sooner than the other one, you mite aswell go sooner rather than later! vaheguroo!

End of the day where ever and whenever we receive amrit, its all down to where mahraj takes/places us.

Sorry if i didnt answer ur question properly.

Gurfateh jee

pray.gif

Guest Guest

Make sure you research on the rehat BEFORE taking Amrit from there! You may disagree with some of it, and once your Panj Pyare tell you something, it's strange to turn your back on that.

Just be aware of the differences in Maryada and what they preach, before you get into it. There are several regular Amrit Sanchars (regular is a very bad word - an Amrit Sanchar is an Amrit Sanchar!). They all have different maryadas. I personally feel it is best to stay consistent with the Maryada you originally took Amrit, unless your views have changed due to further study.

If your views on Sikhi are the same, maybe take it from the same place you originally did.

Guest _random_
grin.gif the thing is i dont want to be labelled as akj and im not ready for a dastar either as i dont know how to tie one. The thing was i didnt want to watch another amrit sanchar go by iv let like 3 gone by and the last one i really felt like i missed out but im keeping strict rehit and im gonna try to get rid of my laziness and actually do all my paat and then ill be perfectly ready in the summertime hopefullly it all depends on gurus kirpaa

Guest Guest

Well i tink as your nt ready for a dastaar and the 'AKJ' rehat is hard to go by, you should may be not....maybe taking pesh from sumwhere else may be better...