Right Now You Need To See This Video

Of course, wikipedia, the ultimate source of authority. Written and produced by leading experts of the field that have thoroughly researched these issues pertaining to biological notions of 'caste', 'ethnicity,' and 'race.' I must bookmark the page. Thanks for the link!

Phaji whose voice is at the end, you know the sikh panth song played at the end in the video...it was in Bhagat singh, but who sings it, its killing me cos I knew it before?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jassa,

Regarding the question as to the Sarbat Khalsa, this is the pan-Sikh decision making body gifted to us by Dasmesh Pita, Guru Gobind Singh.

Hardeep Singh,

Regarding the artist, the song is called Zaat and is from the soundtrack of the movie Shaheed Udham Singh and is sung by Durga Rangila. The lyrics are an amalgamation of Punjabi Poetry including Bulleh Shah, but the lyrics about the eldest Sahibzadas (included in the section we selected) are just amazing.

Check out the video

Help us spread the word

and Hope to see you there!

Gur Fateh!

www.jakara.org

Of course, wikipedia, the ultimate source of authority. Written and produced by leading experts of the field that have thoroughly researched these issues pertaining to biological notions of 'caste', 'ethnicity,' and 'race.' I must bookmark the page. Thanks for the link!

Umm you know the article has sources to back up their claims, right? Scroll down the page to see first hand sources.

Read this link: http://www.jattworld.com/portal/modules/my...icle.php?lid=10

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Some people need to do their research on Jatts. Jatt is NOT a caste!

Jat people (IAST: Jāṭ, Hindi: जाट, Punjabi: ਜੱਟ جاٹ, Urdu: جاٹ) of Northern India and Pakistan, are an ethnic group descendants of Indo-Aryan/Indo-Scythian tribes.[2][3]

The Jat people, a group which live in Northern/Western India, Kashmir and Pakistan, follow many different faiths, professions and languages. They have a distinct cultural history that can be historically traced back to ancient times.[4][5]

Some have moved to Western countries for business, labour, marital and commercial reasons. There, some have become prominent among the immigrants in the West.

Jat people were designated in a British report as a 'Martial Race'.[6] 'Martial Race' was a designation created by officials of British India to describe "races" (peoples) that were thought to possess qualities such as courage, loyalty, self sufficiency, physical strength, resilience, orderliness, hard working, fighting tenacity and military tactics. The British recruited heavily from these so-called 'Martial Races' for service in the colonial army.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatt

So who is your family, who do you consider has more in common with you PLink,? A "non-jatt" who gives their head to guruji or someone who shares your significance of Jatt?

And nice work with the video jakara. May you succeed in impressing those issues upon attendees.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Some people need to do their research on Jatts. Jatt is NOT a caste!

Jat people (IAST: Jāṭ, Hindi: जाट, Punjabi: ਜੱਟ جاٹ, Urdu: جاٹ) of Northern India and Pakistan, are an ethnic group descendants of Indo-Aryan/Indo-Scythian tribes.[2][3]

The Jat people, a group which live in Northern/Western India, Kashmir and Pakistan, follow many different faiths, professions and languages. They have a distinct cultural history that can be historically traced back to ancient times.[4][5]

Some have moved to Western countries for business, labour, marital and commercial reasons. There, some have become prominent among the immigrants in the West.

Jat people were designated in a British report as a 'Martial Race'.[6] 'Martial Race' was a designation created by officials of British India to describe "races" (peoples) that were thought to possess qualities such as courage, loyalty, self sufficiency, physical strength, resilience, orderliness, hard working, fighting tenacity and military tactics. The British recruited heavily from these so-called 'Martial Races' for service in the colonial army.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatt

So who is your family, who do you consider has more in common with you PLink,? A "non-jatt" who gives their head to guruji or someone who shares your significance of Jatt?

Huh? I am not an amritdhari so I will say Jatt is considered to be my family since we come from the same background.

1) its funny how its only Jatt Sikhs who choose a Jatt over a sikh and never a muslim choosing Jatt over Islam...fore they too belong to the tribe called Jatt.

2) (hypothetically speaking) if you had to choose of the 2, you'd rather your sister marry a Muslim Jatt than a Khatri Sikh

(i know i'm contradicting myself by saying "Jatt Sikh" & "Khatri sikh"...it's only to make a point)