Sikh Youth Embraces Islam In Indian Kashmir

SikhLove

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/4513/38/

Sikh youth embraces Islam in Indian Kashmir

Punjab Newsline Network

Tuesday, 12 June 2007

SRINAGAR: A Sikh youth Karnail Singh hailing from District Gurdaspur of Panjab Tuesday embraced Islam in Kashmir. He has been renamed Abdul Haleem.

Carpenter by profession, he is working in Narbal area of District Budgam (Kashmir) since last 15 years. Inspired by the nature of local people in general and his boss in particular, he decided to study Islam, and then came to this conclusion, and embraced Islam today at the headquarters of Jamaat-e-Islami. “Karnal Singh today came to our office and embraced Islam. (Al-Hamdulillah).

He was very much inspired by his head under whose supervision he works in Narbal area as a carpenter”, says Zahid Ali, a Jamaat-e-Islami Spokesperson.

This is the second incident in past 15 days when any non Muslim embraces Islam. Before this, Fratris from France embraced Islam during the Friday Prayers in Batamaloo area of Srinagar. “We will inform his (Karnal’s) wife, likely she is also supposed to embrace Islam, because a Muslim man cannot have a Non-Muslim wife”, Zahid adds.

Courtesy Kashmir Watch

Another case of conversion to Islam. However from the article it seems he embraced it off his own will. Is it in Fashion to convert? Lol.

Guest Narinder Singh

Dude, these people are converting in their own will, so who cares.

So called Sikhs do havans, wear tilaks, do arti puja and murti puja while wearing pughan and gatreh, i see no article written on them.

Fateh.

Erm...........................WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM TIRED OF THESESTORIES ALL YOUR DOING IS CAUSING HATE TO BUILD UP IN YOUNG SIKH MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the person sees Islam as the better path to Waheguru/Allah/Ram than good for him, its out of his own will.

There are people embracing Sikhism too, Muslims/Christians/Hindus vice-versa...recently so-called 'lower-classed' people in India caste system converting into Sikhism and Buddhism because they see it as a better spiritual path to God.

How many of this "Sikhs" understand the basics e.g. Sikh Ardas.

Link:

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Ardas

Please waheguroo, bring back all the Sikhs who have strayed from Gur Sikhi. Bring them back even stronger in GurSikhi.

"is~KW nMU is~KI dwn, kys dwn, rihq dwn, ibbyk dwn, ivswh dwn, Brosw dwn, dwnW isr dwn, nwm dwn, sRI AMimRqsr jI dy ieSnwn, cONkIAW, JMfy, buMgy, jugo jug At~l, Drm kw jYkwr bolo ji vwihgurU!

Sikhaan Noon Sikhi Daan,

Kes Daan Rehitt Daan,

Bibaik Daan Bharosa Daan,

Visah Daan,

Danaan Sir Daan Naam Daan,

Siri Amritsar Ji De Ishnaan, Chowkian Jhande Bunge, Jugo Jug Attal

Dharam Ka Jaikaar Bolo Ji Waheguru!

May God grant to the Sikhs, the gift of faith,

the gift of uncut hair,

the Keshas,

the gift of discipline,

the gift of spiritual discrimination,

the gift of mutual trust,

the gift of self confidence and the supreme gift of all the gifts, the communion with Vaheguru, the Name,

and the gift of bathing in Amritsar, May the administrative centres, banners, the cantonments of Khalsa ever remain inviolate.

May the cause of truth and justice prevail everywhere at all times, utter O Khalsa, Vaheguru!.

IM TIRED OF THESESTORIES ALL YOUR DOING IS CAUSING HATE TO BUILD UP IN YOUNG SIKH MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it causing hate? Give me an explanation plz... My motive for the thread was to inform people of what is going on in todays world. People should learn about there own religion rather than rejecting it. There are loads of threads which could cause hate e.g. 1984, Sacha Sauda, Recent conversions but you choose to target my thread? I didnt see you or any other people comment on my posts about current Sikh affairs e.g. universities being built, sikhs achieving success etc. And they were positive matters. People need to start being constructive rather than looking for e-arguments!

How is it causing hate? Give me an explanation plz... My motive for the thread was to inform people of what is going on in todays world. People should learn about there own religion rather than rejecting it. There are loads of threads which could cause hate e.g. 1984, Sacha Sauda, Recent conversions but you choose to target my thread? I didnt see you or any other people comment on my posts about current Sikh affairs e.g. universities being built, sikhs achieving success etc. And they were positive matters. People need to start being constructive rather than looking for e-arguments!

sorry, what i meant was that u are correct in what u just said BUT SOME individuals will use this story as a excuse to add more oil to the flames. if you get me.

well stuff like this has been happening since the religion was established, if one see's another path, and relates to it, then be it. But is their a point to this? you should be happy that this person is remembering our beloved God.

and not everyone is destined to be a true sikh, just because you were born into a family where they follow guru's path doesn't mean it is destined for them. you are not born with religion, you are taught it. i am not born a sikh, i am taught to be a sikh, you are not born a muslim, but yet taught to be a muslim.

If the person sees Islam as the better path to Waheguru/Allah/Ram than good for him, its out of his own will.

There are people embracing Sikhism too, Muslims/Christians/Hindus vice-versa...recently so-called 'lower-classed' people in India caste system converting into Sikhism and Buddhism because they see it as a better spiritual path to God.

Yes that is true. Here is the link to the thread about recent conversions to Sikhism in UP --------->

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=27876