Hindu Lady Guru Maa

Guest Guest

Guest _Peace_

LOL, how many of you who have responded have heard anything by this lady? How many have listened to her discourses in detail in order to determine what she is saying and on what basis she is making statements?

If you haven't then why don’t you keep your mumbo jumbo to yourself because no one will get anywhere with opinions and hearsay. If anyone has anything of real value to add then do so, otherwise stop with this random chit chat.

Sometimes when you don’t know about something, its best to go away and learn about or keep quiet - no need to broadcast your lack of knowledge to the world.

I am not a follower of this woman, but I have heard a number of her discourses and she has not had anything but good to say about Sikhi though I have not dissected them in a meticulous manner. Sian Mian Mir was a close friend of Guru Sahibs' and I'm sure he understood Maharaaj and Sikhi, yet he followed his own path - in the same way one can be enlightened yet not follow the path you perceive to be right. Live and let live – don’t stray from your path in vain as you was to busy commenting on others.

Peace.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you people who think she is Hindu or associated with any religion are just plain Ignorant of who she is...Nor have you listened to her lectures, nor have you taken any interest in understanding her response. It is very easy to disect someone, call them names because frankly its easy to do, no effort is needed. Someone says something that you don't agree with, why waste time trying to see it from their point of view or spend some time contemplating the situation that it happened in. Try to see what was said before or afterwards in the discussion....no well that takes time, effort and sincerity in trying to see if perhaps it is 'I' that misunderstood, perhaps 'I' failed to comprehend the message...but no..lets all of just blatantly start blabbling.

Nindo, nindo..hor nindo...why stop here....please continue it truly does help your own spiritual progress.

Guest Akirtghan

i say she should rockon.gif her discourses are quite good actually even tho i've heard only 1 so far.

i wonder where the notion that only "sikhs" can get gyaan from guru sahib came from? grin.gif i got one word to describe such people FANATICS rolleyes.gif

This Hindu lady called Guru Maa was giving a discourse. A Sikh stood up saying to whom does the word Charan (feet) of the Guru refer too, in Gurbani.

She replied "I have a question which will baffle all Sikhs, if only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, then why did the 5th Guru not give Guruship to it, he's the one who complied it. Why were there 5 more Gurus after him."

She said to meet the God you have to meet an enlightened one. She quoted Brahm Gyani Ki Gat Brahm Gyani Janey.

Of course a very cunning lady, but why do Sikhs attend her discourses and ask these questions.

First of all she is not 'Hindu'. Just because she speak Hindi in Majority of her talks, does not mean she is Hindu. Just because she refrences Vedantas does not mean she is Hindu. If you turly had listened to her, then you would've noticed that she never associated herself with any Religion. She speaks Hindi because it is understood by the majority. If you had Listned to her then would've noticed that she has also spoken in Punjabi, English and Gujrati. If you had listened to her then you would've noticed that she has also spoken on Guru Nanak, Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Teg bahadur, Guru Arjan Dev ji and other Gurus, Buddha, Krishna, Mahavir, Ram, Shankracharia, Rumi, Mansoor, Baba Bullay Shah and the list goes on and on. But you already knew that as you have listened to her many times right.

Guru Nanak traveled to Iraq and spoke Urdu, went to Mecca, India Spoke on the Quaran, Vedas, Mohammed,...does not mean Guru Nanak was Muslim, Hindu or Iraqi or Indian. Guru Gobind Singh ji was the Master of Languages who compiled Jaaps sahib and the Guru Granth Sahib from memory that we all bow to every day, Would you lable Guru Gobind Singh ji with those Languages? You bow to the Shabad which is compiled in not ONE, but 22 languages such as Hindi, Persian, Arabic, Brij, Urdu and Sanskrit, would you consider those portions of the Shabad Guru to be different than the rest as they are not in Gurmukhi?

There are those who belong to the One and know that if everything belongs to that One, then everything belongs to them as well.

'Tudh Subh Kij Mianu Soa(n)pia, mai tayra bunda'

So now you have a choice...you can either become defensive and start to call me her Chela and so forth or you can take a look at your stance on the Jumping to Conclusion Mat and see how without truely knowing, contemplating, understanding others we jump to brand them with labels.

i say she should rockon.gif her discourses are quite good actually even tho i've heard only 1 so far.

i wonder where the notion that only "sikhs" can get gyaan from guru sahib came from? grin.gif i got one word to describe such people FANATICS rolleyes.gif

i heard loads of her discourses and she is nirvair in everything she says, she respects sikhi and also does kirtan, and then does viyakhya

at least she aint disrespectin sikhi like at lot of people are doing these days. Listen to her first and then decide.

i quite like her, one day she was singing a shabad and she broke out into tears, she was in so much bairaag, she sings with so much love :umm:

Guest Akirtghan
'Tudh Subh Kij Mianu Soa(n)pia, mai tayra bunda'

quDu sBu ikCu mYno sauipAw jw qyrw bMdw ]

thudhh sabh kishh maino soupiaa jaa thaeraa ba(n)dhaa ||

You entrusted everything to me, when I became Your slave.

Guest Guest

A forum is to discuss things/matters. Not to shut people up by calling them a NINDAK. We all learn from each other as well as from Guru Jee.

I respect this Gurumaa woman, but i wanted to see people's view on her asked question to Sikhs.

A forum is to discuss things/matters. Not to shut people up by calling them a NINDAK. We all learn from each other as well as from Guru Jee.

I respect this Gurumaa woman, but i wanted to see people's view on her asked question to Sikhs.

so its ok to bad mouth someone who isn't here to defend herself? You may call that learning, i certainly think we can do better. Perhaps you need to re-define your ways of learning and what exactly are you wanting to learn/tolerate in this discussion. There are ways to discuss an individuals comment constructively by looking at all sides of who was involved, where and most importantly trying to understand where the Questioner and the Answerer were coming from, their intentions. Or we can just start speaking as if we know her and because she is a non-sikh who speaks on the Gurus/Sikhi she is automatically to be deemed a fraud, fake, money making machine. I wonder which ways will lead you to greater learning.

You want to honestly discuss what was said, then lets discuss it.

Firstly so tell me what made her comment so cunning, and just so I don't misunderstand your intentions, what exactly do you mean by cunning? Is she trying to misguide you/the person asking the question by being clever? You said "but why do Sikhs attend her discourses and ask these questions." Why not? Is there a rule or a law which prohibits Sikhs from asking questions or attending her Sangat?

The question was asked about Charan. First of all i don't think anyone on here can give you the complete response to why the question was answered in the manner it was. If you want to know then you have to ask her to further clarify her answer. I or anyone else can only take our best guesses as to what the intentions might have been.

A Sikh stood up saying to whom does the word Charan (feet) of the Guru refer too, in Gurbani.

She replied "I have a question which will baffle all Sikhs, if only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, then why did the 5th Guru not give Guruship to it, he's the one who complied it. Why were there 5 more Gurus after him." She said to meet the God you have to meet an enlightened one. She quoted Brahm Gyani Ki Gat Brahm Gyani Janey.

So what do you want to discuss? The history of why didn't the Guru give Guruship or the Answer to the Question of Charan. Personally the Answer has nothing to do with the History that there were more to add to the Guru Granth sahib, but more to do with the Question being asked about Charan.

So I think we can both agree that without the Guru (enligtented one) one cannot attain liberation. In my view the Questioner knew exactly what he was trying to ask....he asked about Charan in the literal sense of feet when he asked. When feet are referenced by the Guru Granth Sahib , that you become the dust of the Guru's Feet? Doesn't the term then become metaphysical as there is no direct correlation to physical feet of the Shabad Guru? or is there? What, where are the Charan of the Shabad Guru? Are they in Pangat/Sangat? Are they in your heart? Your bhaavna? Your devotion? Your love? Your mind? Everyone's feet become the feet of the Guru? All of the above perhaps?

I have 'heard' of 'Stories' of Sikhs who received Darshan of one of the 10 Gurus and they did Charan Mastak...would you consider that to be the reference of Charan of the Guru? I think we tend to forget that there were 10 Gurus who were Physically alive, breathing, walking in a body. Even she will tell you that the Guru is not the physical body, as the Guru is the Chaytna, Guru is Shabad, the finger which points you in the right direction, Guru is the Message. But to just ignore the body which is used to express, manifest, project this Chaytna, this Shabad would be also be incorrect.

Sure it is the diamond inside the box which is of value, but the box that hold the diamond also attains some value. You don't discard the box, as it hold the diamond. The physical body too becomes a doorway, a medium to both express the Truth and a means to relate and connect to the truth. But the body will perish, the message, the Shabad lives on. So then What are the Charan of the Guru? What are the Charan of the Shabad Guru? Are they no longer, are they only to be referenced/related to the Physical Gurus when their bodies were present? Or are these references speaking of a Universal Truth that the Guru being not limited to the 11 Gurus , instead that the Guru is any enlightened individual anywhere in the world, embodying the Truth. Perhaps the word Guru in the Guru Granth Sahib speaks of a connection that embodies the Truth, a universal reference and so the reference to Charan also become Universal to those who are seeking liberation...and inevitably an enlightened Master to liberate them?

The last quote quote...i have no idea what is meant by the reference...i guess it was you had to be there type of moments. it can be taken a few ways....one of them being..Brahmgiani(God's) key gat Brahmgiani(Enlightened individual) janay.

This is just my take on it, nothing more. I'd love to hear what you have to say about the answer in reference to the question...as you say lets learn something together. :umm: