What Is "prajapati Sabha"?

darminder

Theres a gurdwara in Birmingham that have a building opposite the gurdwara with a nishaan sahib on it, and has a big sign on it "prajapati sabha"

I've had a look on yahoo, can't seem to work out what it is? I suppose i could ask the Gurdwara.

Prajapati means the 'lord of the people' . In the old Hindu kingdoms a king often used to be called prajapati. 'Parajapati Sabha' sounds like a Hindu organization. But you say it has a Nishan Sahib on it. So it may be one of those ‘interfaith’ temples like Sacha Sauda or like the one along the same lines.

The Gurdwara committee should know what it is. If you ask at the gurdawara what it is, please also bring it to their attention that Sikh marayada prohibits opening another gurdwara opposite to or very near an already existing one. ( The exception is only the historical gurdwaras).

At present there is a case that is under consideration at the Akal Takht about what to do about a gurdwara opened recently. The recently opened gurdawar is about a building or so away from a much bigger gurdwara in Ludhiana. (It looks that the new gurdwara, in Ludhiana was opened to make money and steal some sangat that comes to the bigger gurdwara).

Theres a gurdwara in Birmingham that have a building opposite the gurdwara with a nishaan sahib on it, and has a big sign on it "prajapati sabha"

I've had a look on yahoo, can't seem to work out what it is? I suppose i could ask the Gurdwara.

..that buliding belongs to kumaryer community, and is owned by the gurdwara that is opposite side of it.

..it was the old gurdawara for kumaryers, but now they have bulit a new gurdwara, that is right opposite of the buliding