Petition To Gordon Brown To Press Ahead With Sikh Regiment

SaRpAnCh

I doubt if anyone in power ever reads these petitions. Also why do we need a separate regiment, why cant singhs join the regular army? Wouldnt it be better to be in the regular army and educate others about sikhi otherwise you would be sticking to your regiment only.

Before someone says there is racism in regular army then please note this applies to all job sectors, it doesnt mean that we should petition about sikh only accountants or law firms etc.

Finally, will this be a men only regiment or would sikh women will need a separate one too?

If the Gurkhas can still be recruited from Nepal,they should still recruit Sikhs as a regiment,this will be the greatest tribute to the fallen Sikhs of both World Wars,both Sikh men and Women should be recruited.These petitions are read by the PM and his advisors every month ,they have to be approved before they are launched.the petition to ban Hindu Terror groups like the RSS is still being examined,should be approved soon.

The commision for racial equality has already declared any such regiment illegal, as it would discriminate against non-sikhs. Which is fair enough, i agree in principle having a sikh regiment would be great but imagine what would happen if say the muslims wanted their own one. LOL Her Majesty's personal suicide bombers brigade!!

The commision for racial equality has already declared any such regiment illegal, as it would discriminate against non-sikhs. Which is fair enough, i agree in principle having a sikh regiment would be great but imagine what would happen if say the muslims wanted their own one. LOL Her Majesty's personal suicide bombers brigade!!

They have not yet declared it illegal,they have only said it may segregate communities our aim is not segregation,but if the Gurkhas,one of the best in the World are exclusively recruited from Nepal,why can't the Sikhs Martial Heritage be put to use,if they could use Sikhs in WW1 & 2.They recruit Sikhs now,if the Highest generals and Queen Victoria can praise the might of the Sikhs,so can the modern day governments,i bet some Hindu stuck his ore in asking for a bhaman regiment or something.The British would never make a Muslim Regiment,and neither would Britains Muslim Majority ask for one,as they are very hostile to troops of a non Islamic nation ie: Great Britain,so therefore they would not get many numbers even if they did,on the other hand Sikhs don't have a problem with England,and would join a Sikh Regiment,thats what Sikh Youths have been looking to do for years but don't join in fear of being alone,or getting racially abused.This will help the army rather than put it down

No offence but I think people should have an idea of how many people will actually support such petitions before they initiate them!!!

Having just a few hundred signitures will even do more harm for the case than not having a petition.