Sat Sri Akal Everyone!

Waheguru jee ka khalsa

waheguru ji kee fateh pyaare sangato.

I want to know more about Brahm Gyan and how one can get it.

Apparently this is the only way to see and experience God.

In the Mool Mantar it clearly says that God can only be realised by the grace of Sat-Guru(True Brahm Gyani). I'm a sikh myself, i have done alot of bad things in my past. My life recently has taken a big turn, and i have completly changed and i have also left my kesh now. my parents are so happy that i left my kesh, i have recently reading SGGS english translation and as to what i am aware of the only thing that are mentioned in it over and over again is to meditate on the NAAM and kill the 5 evils. Khalsa does not mean 5 K's on its own, it means pure brahm gyani, free from all evils, self-realised soul and these are only achievable through the grace of a True Sant(Brahm Gyani) Also, in order to get free from the reincarnation process we have to die before we die. This death is the second death which is the death of the 5 evils anger, ego, attachment, lust and desire. We cannot kill these 5 evils no matter how we hard we try unless we get Brahm gyan and get out dassam dawar opened. I'm not saying these because i want to get rid of my kesh or anything because i'm not bothered about people opinions anymore, in fact i'm thinking of taking amrit chakh. everytime i talk about sants, brahm gyanis with my parents they just say to me our gurus have said Guru manio granth and sggs is our only guru. I said yeah that is true but SGGS clearly says that god can be realised in this life but only through the grace of Sat-Guru. When i say that they are like no this and that SGGS is our Guru. I have got this human life, i dont want to waste this, i want to get free of these painful reincarnations and go back to my home after death that's why i have started looking for brahm gyanis. My relatives have taken brahm gyan from one these sants, their dassam dawar is opened and they can hear kirtan, drink amrit inside and see jyot. I used to think that is wrong, only SGGS is our only and only guru and we must not go to anyone else and that, i used to go slander saints but i was dumb, in sukhmani sahib it mentions everything about brahm gyani and also slandering of sants. In sukhmani sahib it clearly says Brahm gyani is himself formless Lord. Sant is road to God, but when there are so many sants about these days and you don't know who is a true sant or fake. What are your views about this? I'm sorry if i have said anything wrong and offended anyone, i'm lowest of the low, i want to learn about the truth, follow the truth and become one with truth. I think religious rituals are useless unless you become internally pure and this can only be done by taking brahm gyan and getting your dassam dawar and getting mukti. Please share your views with this brother of yours. Sorry again if i offended anyone. I don't care anymore as long as i realise GOD, get free of 5 evils and achieve salvation, meditate on the Truth, i dont care what the world thinks of me.

Sat Naam Shri Wahegurooo

Guest Akirtghan
when there are so many sants about these days and you don't know who is a true sant or fake
thats why your safest bet is to stick with guru sahib. most sants remain gupt as they dont want people following them.

i'm not sure how good your grasp of punjabi is but start off with listening to taksali arth of japji sahib and do abhiyaas at the same time. do as many paath's as you can daily thinking of arth while you do paath.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/k...9%2FJapJi_Sahib

guru kirpa karey, may i also get insipration and try to come out of corruption.

You are obviously a member of the satnaam cult, I can tell from the way you keep talking about the need from a 'brahmgyani' and also your critiszm of outer rehit, either that or your a follower of sum other wierd baba

But anyway, When gurbani talks about a Satguroo, it means Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, end of story.

When Sukhmani Sahib talks about brahmgyani, it is reffering to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, end of story.

When Gurbani talks about Sant, in the singular it is referring to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, When Gurbani talks about Sant in the plural, it is reffering to ALL of the sadhsangat collectively, end of story.

You said that going to a 'baba' (hmm perhaps mr narinder grewal?) has had your relatives dasam duar opened, well for your information, only the Satguroo, the true Guroo can do that, because as Anand Sahib says, GURDUARE laae bhaavnee ikna dasva duaar dikhaieaa, i.e through the GUROOS gate the dasam duar is revealed, yh not thru sum random man ok. If u want proof of who the real Satguroo is,i.e not sum fat baba, Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's own words are, GUROO MANIYO GRANTH.

You also said that religious 'rituals' as u called them are useless without having dasam duar open, well the whole point guroo sahib gave us outer rehit was as aids to reach with God.

Guest Akirtghan

ok that baba stuff i can sorta agree with, maybe. but wat you on about all this? wacko.gif

But anyway, When gurbani talks about a Satguroo, it means Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, end of story.

When Sukhmani Sahib talks about brahmgyani, it is reffering to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, end of story.

When Gurbani talks about Sant, in the singular it is referring to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, When Gurbani talks about Sant in the plural, it is reffering to ALL of the sadhsangat collectively, end of story.

yes thats one way to look at it, but there are other meanings to gurbani :wub:

Yes, I've had a look at Satnaam website but i ain't his follower although his website makes a lot of sense to me. I have heard about from brahm gyan from a lot of other places too. I follow SGGS, that is my guru but from the way you're talking looks like you dont follow it much because if you did you wouldnt talk in EGO like u are. You said religious rituals are to help us meet god, first of all can you tell me where are 5Ks mentioned in SGGS? the only thing that is mentioned over and over again is panj doots because they are what stopping us to meet god. Guru ji created 5 K's to give us a khalsa(pure) look and help us with these evils. Whats the point looking pure, when you are not pure? you get my point? I m not desperate for brahm gyan, i'm desperate to get free of these panj doots and get peace and from what i have heard its impossible to completly kill your evils without a Sat-Guru (true brahm giyani).

in the mool mantra

Ekonkaar, satnaam, kartapurakh, nirbhao, nirvair, akaal moorat, ajoone saibhang, GURPRASAD.

GURPRASAD means God can be realised by grace of True Guru. What are your views about this word? do you think the word true guru is aimed at GOD only or brahm gianis too?

Sat Sri Akal,

Just i am also confused, I was thinking that Dasam Dowar is only our brain. When reciting bani we will reach an avastha that is said to be opening of dasam dowar. There is nothing as some saint opening it for you. as it is only your mentality. I was thinking that bani is everything for sikh. What is point in opening of dasam Dowar by some living Guru. I dont get that point.

Life is much simpler, if you just recites bani and starts to live according to that. You will get everything as you will start to live in "HUKAM" what else does a man ever desire in life. What does a man want to do by opening dasam dowar by a living guru. the entire context seems a joke to me.

Remember for a sikh bani is everything, even more than our lives.

Regards.

Guest Akirtghan
I m not desperate for brahm gyan, i'm desperate to get free of these panj doots and get peace
you can only win over the panj doots with brahm gyan, they go hand in hand.
from what i have heard its impossible to completly kill your evils without a Sat-Guru (true brahm giyani).
yes it is. but there is a difference between GURU and sant. a true saint of guru would only tell you to follow guru, not them.
in the mool mantra

Ekonkaar, satnaam, kartapurakh, nirbhao, nirvair, akaal moorat, ajoone saibhang, GURPRASAD.

GURPRASAD means God can be realised by grace of True Guru. What are your views about this word? do you think the word true guru is aimed at GOD only or brahm gianis too?

gurprasaad, not santparsaad :wub: