Sikhi Comic

wjkk wjkf

Don't stifle creativity Punjabi link!!

And it isn't only nerds who read comics...lol

When movies are made - the first part is creating a storyboard, which is in fact very similar to comic drawings....so it is excellent that members of the community are developing their skills in this area....you understand?

Besides, given the "dumbed down" nature of many of our brothers and sisters nowadays it is a good idea to give them some roots in different formats....plus I appreciate cool artwork....

hut ja mundaya!

Yeah, but your viewers don't view storyboard of a movie before or after watching a movie. It is good that people are using their skills to reach out youths, but a lot of kids today would rather watch tv than read a book. I think creating a movie or cartoon show would be more effective way to reach out to the youth.

Encourage the development of artistic creativity dude. I mean that 300 film was one of the biggest grossing films this year and it started off as a comic. Same as SinCity, Batman...the list goes on. Who knows, maybe some of those Sikh youth reading the comics today will grow up and make a similar movie one day! We already have someone making a Sikh computer game so it isn't unfeasible or even unrealistic. One step at a time, we have so much catching up to do.

I don't think the Sikh community is that behind. We already got some Sikh actors, actress and directors. We already have stories in our history books that we can translate into making movies. The resources are there, but the question is do we want to make an effort of using our resources to reach out to the youth?

Why wouldn't we want to? The way Sikhs seem to get a negative press these days. We (in my humble opinion) really need to balance this with a positive portrayal of our culture and history. I'm not saying that people haven't reached various positions individually, but no one has tried to give Sikhs their history/roots in a modern idiom like Braveheart for the Scottish.

In essence we need a modern Sikh media encompassing print, film, art, games etc. etc. and I'm not talking about AlphatPanjabi Etc. type stuff here!!

Modern stuff for this informationa age. In this I feel we are way behind.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't stifle creativity Punjabi link!!

And it isn't only nerds who read comics...lol

When movies are made - the first part is creating a storyboard, which is in fact very similar to comic drawings....so it is excellent that members of the community are developing their skills in this area....you understand?

Besides, given the "dumbed down" nature of many of our brothers and sisters nowadays it is a good idea to give them some roots in different formats....plus I appreciate cool artwork....

hut ja mundaya!

Yeah, but your viewers don't view storyboard of a movie before or after watching a movie. It is good that people are using their skills to reach out youths, but a lot of kids today would rather watch tv than read a book. I think creating a movie or cartoon show would be more effective way to reach out to the youth.

Encourage the development of artistic creativity dude. I mean that 300 film was one of the biggest grossing films this year and it started off as a comic. Same as SinCity, Batman...the list goes on. Who knows, maybe some of those Sikh youth reading the comics today will grow up and make a similar movie one day! We already have someone making a Sikh computer game so it isn't unfeasible or even unrealistic. One step at a time, we have so much catching up to do.

I don't think the Sikh community is that behind. We already got some Sikh actors, actress and directors. We already have stories in our history books that we can translate into making movies. The resources are there, but the question is do we want to make an effort of using our resources to reach out to the youth?

Why wouldn't we want to? The way Sikhs seem to get a negative press these days. We (in my humble opinion) really need to balance this with a positive portrayal of our culture and history. I'm not saying that people haven't reached various positions individually, but no one has tried to give Sikhs their history/roots in a modern idiom like Braveheart for the Scottish.

In essence we need a modern Sikh media encompassing print, film, art, games etc. etc. and I'm not talking about AlphatPanjabi Etc. type stuff here!!

Modern stuff for this informationa age. In this I feel we are way behind.

Take a look our sikh leaders and see why I ask that question? We got too many "uncle toms" in sikh community that care more about money and/or pleasing their masters than promoting sikhi to our community and rest of the world. I don't think sikh community is capable of having more modern approach of promoting sikhi even though we got the resources (money, punjabi media) to do so. There are too many pindus, extremists and “hindu-sikhs” in the sikh community.

Keep your spirits ups Punjabi Link. Nothing lasts for ever, including these people.

In the end it will only take a few smart moves to start making changes. What can we do in the meanwhile?

Get creative and educated. If anything will change it will be from a grass roots level. We can't do much about the rot that has been going on for generations in our institutes and "leadership" so just concentrate on yourself and your family, especially the younger generation, for the time being.

What can we learn from the current situation?

That people are easily corrupted when it comes to money and power. Logic dictates that we simply make sure that we don't have such people in our own clans firstly and then we might be in a position to make changes.

Remember the Saint Soldiers concept - Upstanding good moral people who aren't afraid of fighting.........it was our past and it will be our future

Keep your spirits ups Punjabi Link. Nothing lasts for ever, including these people.

In the end it will only take a few smart moves to start making changes. What can we do in the meanwhile?

Get creative and educated. If anything will change it will be from a grass roots level. We can't do much about the rot that has been going on for generations in our institutes and "leadership" so just concentrate on yourself and your family, especially the younger generation, for the time being.

What can we learn from the current situation?

That people are easily corrupted when it comes to money and power. Logic dictates that we simply make sure that we don't have such people in our own clans firstly and then we might be in a position to make changes.

Remember the Saint Soldiers concept - Upstanding good moral people who aren't afraid of fighting.........it was our past and it will be our future

It would be interesting to see how the panth would be in 100 years. I wonder if sikhs in the future would have to do deal with these exact issues we have now in the present sikh community or it could be worse for them.

As for me personally, I am sick & tired of dealing with pindus, sikh extremists and “hindu-sikhs”. These people are the cancer of sikh community. I just wish I could do something that can get rid of the cancer and cure apna community.

If we are still facing the same issues in a hundred years we should just give up existing for being a useless quom.

Survival of the fittest. If we haven't learnt what we need to learn to grow by then - I think we will be history. But keep chardhi kala. I'm sure we never got all the way here to just to disappear.

wow your talented! i wish i could draw. are we going to call this one arnold singhnegger. hehe joke. wow i seriously cant wait now to see what you make. actually hmm mayb he shouldnt be half naked i cant imagine guruji being half naked on the battlefields