Bhai Joginder Singh Jee Talwara

preet k

Has anyone read the hukamnama? It sounds like a farewell message from talwara jee. It is so amazing the power of guru sahib and those gursikhs who are attached to his feet.

vfhMsumhlw1]bwbwAwieAwhYauiTclxwiehujguJUTupswrovw]

scwGruscVYsyvIAYscuKrwsicAwrovw]

kUiVlibjWQwienpwsIAgYlhYnTwE]

AMqirAwaunbYshukhIAYijausuM\YGirkwE]

jMmxumrxuvfwvyCoVwibnsYjgusbwey]

libDMDYmwieAwjgquBulwieAwkwluKVwrUAwey]1]

bwbwAwvhuBweIhogilimlhimilimildyhAwsIswhy]

bwbwscVwmyluncukeIpRIqmkIAwdyhAsIswhy]

AwsIswdyvhoBgiqkryvhoimilAwkwikAwmylo]

ieikBUlynwvhuQyhhuQwvhugursbdIscuKylo]

jmmwrignhIjwxwsbidsmwxwjuigjuigswcYvysy]

swjnsYximlhusMjogIgurimilKolyPwsy]2]

bwbwnWgVwAwieAwjgmihduKusuKulyKuilKwieAw]

iliKAVwswhwnwtlYjyhVwpuribkmwieAw]

bihswcYiliKAwAMimRquibiKAwijqulwieAwiqqulwgw]

kwmixAwrIkwmxpweybhurMgIgilqwgw]

hoCImiqBieAwmnuhoCwguVuswmKIKwieAw]

nwmrjwduAwieAwkilBIqirnWgobMiDclwieAw]3]

bwbwrovhujyiksYrovxwjwnIAVwbMiDpTwieAwhY]

iliKAVwlyKunmytIAYdirhwkwrVwAwieAwhY]

hwkwrwAwieAwjwiqsuBwieAwruMnyrovxhwry]

puqBweIBwqIjyrovihpRIqmAiqipAwry]

BYrovYguxswirsmwlykomrYnmuieAwnwly]

nwnkjuigjuigjwxisjwxwrovihscusmwly]4]5]

WADAHANS, FIRST MEHL:

O Baba, whoever has come, will rise up and leave; this world is a false show. One’s true home is obtained by serving the True One; real Truth comes by being truthful. By falsehood and greed, no place of rest is found, and no place in the world hereafter is obtained. No one invites him to come in and sit down — he is like a crow in a deserted house. Caught in birth and death, separated from God for such a long time, the whole world is wasting away. Greed, worldly entanglements and Maya deceive the world.Death hovers over its head, and makes it cry. || 1 ||

Come, O Baba, and Siblings of Destiny — let’s join together; take me in your arms, and bless me with your prayers. O Baba, union with the True One cannot be broken; bless me with your prayers for union with my Beloved. Bless me with your prayers, that I may worship God with devotion; for those already united with Him, what more is there to unite? Some have wandered away from the Name of God — they have lost the Path. The Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the true game. Do not go on the path of Death; remain absorbed in the Shabad, the true form throughout the ages. Through good fortune, we meet such friends and relatives, who meet with the Guru, and escape the noose of Death. || 2 ||

O Baba, we come into the world naked, into pain and pleasure, according to the record of our account. The call of our pre-ordained destiny cannot be altered; it follows from our past actions. The True Lord sits and writes of ambrosial nectar and bitter poison; as the Lord attaches us, so are we attached. The charmer, Maya, has worked her charms, and the multi-colored thread is around everyone’s neck. Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets. Contrary to custom, he comes into the Dark Age of Kali Yuga naked, and naked he is bound down and sent away again. || 3 ||

O Baba, weep and mourn if you must

; the beloved soul is bound and driven off. The pre-ordained record of destiny cannot be erased; the summons has come from the Lord’s Court. The messenger comes, when it pleases God, and the mourners begin to mourn. Sons, brothers, nephews and very dear friends weep and wail. Let him weep, who weeps in the Fear of God, cherishing the virtues of God — no one dies with the dead. O Nanak, throughout the ages, they are known as wise, who weep, remembering the True One. || 4 || 5 ||

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talwara Jee was a great scholar and gursikh. He wrote many books on many subjects. He edited most printings of Guru Granth Sahib Jee from the panthic presses along with editing gutkas, sanchia and translations.

Decisions at akal takht were not made without his presence. His keertan was amazing and I with I could have had darshan of such a Gursikh.

I think there may be some tracks of his on keertan.net?

He was a well known advisor in all organizations such as sgpc, akal takht, darbar sahib, akj, akji. He was respected throughout different jathebandhis and factions and seen as a great gursikh.

I wish I knew more about his life but I do not.

S1ngh ji Bhai Joginder Singh Jee Talwara was one of the great keertanies from the time of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh jee.... He's written tons of books on so many subjects. Most people know that He was Bhai Tejinderpal Singh Jee Dulla's father.

He has taught keertan to so many singhs and singhnees in india and from here... He has done correction of Sri Guru Granth Sahib's Saroops... I can't name all the things he's done.. He done so much to bring the AKJ in india al together... He had been doing this panth seva for decades with his keertan and and his books. He was always nuetral in all the major problems... Just such a sweet person.. Everyone knows his as "Darjee" just like our father or our granddad.

For the people who have never heard his keertan here are some of his recordings...

Keertan Bhai Joginder Singh Jee Talwara 1980's

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040122/punjab.htm

Bhai Joginder Singh Jee Talwara

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Agree with all of you guru pyareya comments jee.

Today Panth deseprately need Gursikhs like Daar jee.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

An Akhand Path has been held for the Atmakh Chardikala of Bhai Sahib Bhai Joginder Singh Ji Talwara on

25th - 27th January 2004

Gurdwara Manji Sahib

Deewan Hall

Amritsar

27th Jan - Akhand Path Bhog 8.30am

Kirtan 9am till 2pm

Akhand Kirtani Jatha International (akji.org)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Some posts by others,

Date: 01-21-04 23:14

Vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

Vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

Many special experiences with Bhai Sahib are flooding through my memory right now.

Too many to recount but I thought I will share a few.

Daar Jee, as we all used to call him, the same as did Doolaa Veerjee

(his son - Dr Tejinder Pal Singh Jee), blessed daas with tabla sevaa on a couple

occasions at Ludhiana Samagam and once at Mohali. Playing tablaa with him was special.

One of his special and rare qualities was no matter how much the tabla player

messed up he never ever glanced over to the tabla player.

Obviously I benefited from this many a times while playing with him.

He would continue as if nothing had happened, fully engrossed in the shabad keertan.

My best memory is the of the day when daas approached him in his sevaa room

in Harminder Sahib complex to request him to do keertan on my Anand Kaaraj.

He asked me only one question - "Is the Bibi Amritdhaaree?". As soon as I noded he agreed Without any hesitation. This itself was a very unique gesture in my

experience where such a famous keertaniyaa simply agreed to come all the way

from Amritsar to Ludhiana on couple day's notice and that too without having me

to request him twice. I admit that I had doubts that he would come, thinking afterwards

that was too easy to be true. However, I chastened myself for entertaining

doubts about a Gursikh's bachan (word). I did not make any other backup arrangements.

Of course, when I reached the Guruduara at Guru Nanank Engineering College for the Anand Kaaraj, the Amritsar Jatha soon arrived as

well and there was Daar Jee. I was

overwhelmed to see him.

After that he asked me to first sing a shabad as he sat behind me. Although I was nervous

I enjoyed the shabad. After that he took over and just simply spell bound the sangat with 2 hours of ras bhina keertan. All the shabads carefully selected for the occasion.

He was gifted by Vaaheguroo with amazing Gurbanee veechaar. His keertan was always done to to occasion, or according to certain topic. Harcharan Singh Veerjee was playing

tablaa on this occasion. I don't know if it was because I was so mentally filled with

shardha, it being my own wedding, but I got completely lost in the keertan. Like a florist

he decorated the keertan mandal with just the right combinations of shabad after shabad.

He always used to finish a shabad completely before starting another one.

After our wedding we visited Daar Jee at his house in Amritsar. He taught my sister and

mother a shabad as he always used to do when anyone visited him. My wife had not started doing keertan at the time but she was impressed by how humble and eager he was to teach a shabad to anybody who showed even a little bit of interest.

A special quality about the Keertan tunes he composed was how naturally they fit the

shabad they were composed for. He used to say that a tune should compliment the message of the shabad.

The books he has written are my every day references if not in my regular reading.

My favorites are the Nintem books (2 volumes), Saviyae, Sanskratee Salok and Gatha,

Jetsaree and Maru Dakhne, Raamkalee Kee Vaar Rai Balvand tatha Sate. He wrote many more books. In all his books he laid strong emphasis on Gurbanee Viakaran and Ucharan.

One another pure gem is his 20 audio cassettes on Jap Jee Sahib. I would recommend that

everybody listen to this set. It can be made available by Veer Amritpal Singh in Toronto.

I once met Daar Jee after I had listened to the Jap Jee Sahib tapes and wondered if he

could have

a book written based on them. He said that even the recording of

the tapes was done without his knowledge. After years and years of Khoj he still was not

sure if he had been able to come close to comprehend the depth of the Jap Jee Banee. Hence he was hesitant in publishing a detailed book based on the cassettes.

He was a true Sant Sipahee. Sipahee because he never hesitated to take on Panth dokhees despite being busy with Gurbanee khoj work. His recent debate with Kaalaa Afghana over topic of Dasam Duaar comes to mind immediately, which was published in Spokesman. His appointment to the Dharam Parchar Commitee and the recent new Salahkaar Committee to Jathedaar Akal Takht speak for themselves and show the respect he had come to earn with the work he did for the Panth.

He will be dearly missed. He has left a void that will be hard to fill.

May Vaaheguroo keep sending such great Gursikhs who can shine as role models for the

general populace, enlightening the path that our great Guru's showed us all.

Gursikhs like Daar Jee endeavour to follow the bareek marag of Gursikhi, spreading the

fragrance of Gursikhi everywhere they go.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Jan aayaa, jis parsaad sabh jagat taryaa.

Jan aavan kaa ehae savao, jan ke sang chit aavae nao.

aap mukat, mukat karae sansaar, Nanak tis jan kao sadaa namaskaar!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

More posts of others,

Date: 01-22-04 06:23

Pyare jio, Bhai Joginder singh ji Talwara passing away is an immense loss to the Panth. I felt great sadness yesterday when I found out, althougth one should never be sad, when someone soul departs for a better place. Dass, never got to meet Bhai sahib, but in my heart yearned to, and only missed him on a few occasions. Such was my "Marre Karam".

Bhai sahib jis contribution to the Panth is years beyond our time. Many of us will only realise in years to come how important his work has been. His stature in the Panth was huge. For he was the one selected to correct the spelling in the printed Guru Granth Sahib jis, by researching all the Prataan saroops. His books too are beyond their time, and those who deeply search Gurbani, in abyass, and finding Aarth, know how valuable they are. In recent years, The Panth has lost many precious Gursikhs, who were the intelligensia of the Panth. Pyara Singh Padam, Principal Harbhajan Singh are a few names. Bhai Joginder singh is another of these vital Gursikhs who has now completed their Jeevan Yatra. There is not another in the Panth, who has so much knowledge on Gurbani, and knowledge of the Prataan saroops that he did.

Most will remember him for his graceful keertan, and sehaj filled avasta. Just imagine how many Gursikhs, Bhai sahib taught keertan to, or inspired via his keertan, and you can just see what an amazing jeevan he had. He never shyed away from Panthik seva, and always stood firm on Gurmat Asools. An example to many youth, he is a person who had the balance of miri and piri.

While doing interviews, as part of research for the kurbani book, a Gur

sikh told me a story about Bhai Joginder singh which I would now like to share. After 1978 Saka, all the sikh youth were doing seva together against the Nirankaris. Many anti-Panthik forces were afraid of this new unity which had appeared in all youth due to the saka of 1978. They did everything they could to divide the youth again. Bhai Joginder Singh called a Gupt meeting, which was attended by Baba Jarnail Singh ji Bindranwale, and Bhai Amolak Singh ji, ( due to many senior youth were now openly hunted by the Police). Bhai Joginder Singh told them that the times which they will now witness will be very hard. Many forces fear the possibilities of what can be achieved. So they are now doing, and will do in the future, so much to ensure the Panth is always kept divided. We should all come to an agreement to never let any issue, whether of maryada or jathebandik, get in the ways of the interests of the Panth. And ensure we always enforce this where we have influence. They all agreed this, and as such, in times when so much pressure was put on them, they all held firm. For the next few years up until June 1984 Saka, They all ensured the panth was together, and it enjoyed a period of great Chardi Kala. After 1984, the Panth could have achieved so much, but let itself become embroiled in issues, which divided and distracted it from its goal. But I write this as a Tribute to the kind of Panthik Spirit that Bhai Joginder Singh had, he was an intellectual, a writer, a Guru ke Kirtanianee, and a Panthik soldier, a True Gursikh. Bhai Sontokh Singh once told me, that Bhai Randhir Singh said to him, that Bhai Joginder Singh will grow up to do immense seva for the Panth, and would be a pillar of it, and indeed he was.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!