Is This Right Time 4 Me To Take Amrit?

D3SI

ssa

i have been feeling confused lately regarding my wish to be amritdhari. i am 17 yrs old(livin in australia) and i try to do paath everyday and lately everytime i see an amritdhari something inside me tells me that i need to take amrit(maybe it's my past actions). i asked my mom and she tells me that firstly i need to be more fluent in punjabi, understand the meaning of the gurbani that i read then i should think bout takin amrit :wub: should i wait till i start to understand the gurbani more and then take amrit or should i jst go with my gut feelings coz i am seriously thinking bout taking amrit. obviously i knw that it all depends on waheguru's wish but i'll still like to knw ur thoughts.

Bhul Chuk Mauf

Guest Akirtghan

take degh to gurudwara sahib, do anand sahib tha paath, do ardaas and ask for guidance. then then take hukumnama, that will be your answer :TH:

get help from someone if you don't know how to perform any of the steps properly :wub:

Absolutely!!! Go for it! See this as mahrajs apaar kirpaa! Give your head and receive the gift of naam!

There can never be a wrong time to give your head!

vahigurooo

p.s) dont worry about not being fully prepared, you can learn them on the way. Get a punjabi teacher or somehting, to help you learn how to read gurbani.

u have kinda the same problem as me, but im hoepfully not going to let that stop myself from taking amrit, nor should u. i cant read punjabi either but there are soo many alternatives thanks to waheguru and sangat. so at the mo i read an english gutka to do nitnem etc. so veerji /. penjee just go for it, u can always learn punjabi as u go along in life. its really nice to hear that u have that thirst for amrit.. waheguru's kirpa.

soo go for it :wub: thumbs_up.gif

u have kinda the same problem as me, but im hoepfully not going to let that stop myself from taking amrit, nor should u. i cant read punjabi either but there are soo many alternatives thanks to waheguru and sangat. so at the mo i read an english gutka to do nitnem etc. so veerji /. penjee just go for it, u can always learn punjabi as u go along in life. its really nice to hear that u have that thirst for amrit.. waheguru's kirpa.

soo go for it :wub: thumbs_up.gif

it's veerji(damm even my lil sis dont call me veerji, shes more like"oye lassi bande" :sady: )

anyways thanks 2 all for helping me and after reading ur replies in this and other posts i hav decided to take take amrit(i think this is the right way one says it). i mean i already dont cut my hair so why not go the next level at the end it's all waheguru's kirpa and who knws how long i got to live so wanna make the most of the given opportunity pray.gif . now i jst gotta suprise my family with this decision :nihungsmile: