Another Question

WJKK WJKF

I've studied Chandi Di // and heard Katha on "Ab Main Apni Katha Bakhano".

In both banis, Chandi is mentioned to have encountered Sumbh Nisumbh. In Chandi Di //, Chandi takes out the two brothers in the end.

However, in Bachitar Natak, Guru Gobind Singh Ji talks about how Chandi was first offered to marry one of the two brothers. When she disagreed, Sumbh Nisumbh decided to wage a war on her. When the war between a woman and many demons was noticed by Samaundh Rikhi, he asked Akaal Purakh to create a warrior to help her - which is how Dusht Daman (the destroyer of evil) was born. Dusht Daman succeeded in destroying the demons.

So the two events contradict eachother, as one talks about how Chandi destroys Sumbh Nisumbh and the other how Dusht Daman did

Or are they two completely different events?

WJKK WJKF

Well firstly it may not be a good idea to take them literally. It could well be that they are a metaphoric work about good versus evil. Plus they are old Hindu mythological stories. In teh Dasam Granth it is Chandi Ki // that is in actual Panjabi whilst the other variants are in Braj (I think).

I read somewhere else in Bachitar Natak about a battle that could be heard "in all nine continents", now I don't believe that Guru Ji was talking literally when he said this but using poetic license to make a point.

I don't think he meant that the battle (in the Panjab) was so loud that it could actually be heard in Europe, America etc. etc. which would be a literal interpretation.

First of all Dal Singh the nine continents mentioned are 'Janboo, Kush, Palkhya, Svet, Kronch, Pushkar, Shak and two others (i have forgotten them)' These were the nine seperate lands that made up India. These nine also are called 9 khand. Maybe these were the nine lands talked about

Sumbh and Nisumbh were demons that come in the Chandi Di Vaar who faught the goddess and died at her hands.

Samundh Rishi was a devotee of the lord and when faced with the possibility of fighting the demons. God Sent Dusht duman to kill these. The demon mentioned here is not dusht duman.

please listen to the katha of gini thakur singh or even better the katha of Baba Santa Singh nihang on ektaone.com and the sakhi comes up in the ithaas of hemkunt.

Thanks for the info. I still think there is a lot of metaphoric statements there not literal ones.

First of all Dal Singh the nine continents mentioned are 'Janboo, Kush, Palkhya, Svet, Kronch, Pushkar, Shak and two others (i have forgotten them)' These were the nine seperate lands that made up India. These nine also are called 9 khand. Maybe these were the nine lands talked about

Sumbh and Nisumbh were demons that come in the Chandi Di Vaar who faught the goddess and died at her hands.

Samundh Rishi was a devotee of the lord and when faced with the possibility of fighting the demons. God Sent Dusht duman to kill these. The demon mentioned here is not dusht duman.

please listen to the katha of gini thakur singh or even better the katha of Baba Santa Singh nihang on ektaone.com and the sakhi comes up in the ithaas of hemkunt.

Brother, I am confused by the above statement; What are you trying to say? I didn't say he was - he was the destroyer of evil.

But my question is still not answered.