Three Worlds + 14 Worlds ?

mwnv ieMdR gijMdR nrwDp jOn iqRlok ko rwj krYNgy]

Manv Indr gajindr naradhap jaun trilok ko raj karain ge.

Exalted men and powerful kings- possessing magnificent and furious elephants- who rule over the three worlds;

i was re-citing Tav Parsaad Savaiya Ji this morning and the section above mentions "The Three Worlds" then later i read something about 14 worlds...............(as soon as i find the tuk ill edit this post)

can anyone explain this to me? its prbably logical but im a maha murakh and i dont get it :wub:

1,Hell

2.World

3.Heaven

3 type of physical world we cud categorize all this countless world to as mods saab said above most ppl(except tru Gursikhs) roam in these 3 worlds only.............

There is fourth world(not exactly a world) called sachkhand or getting merged in jot of waheguru where a tru sikh aims for.....

needn't say more cos sumtime i also get confused :wub: wacko.gif

1,Hell

2.World

3.Heaven

3 type of physical world we cud categorize all this countless world to as mods saab said above most ppl(except tru Gursikhs) roam in these 3 worlds only.............

There is fourth world(not exactly a world) called sachkhand or getting merged in jot of waheguru where a tru sikh aims for.....

needn't say more cos sumtime i also get confused :wub: wacko.gif

Hell and Heaven are not physical worlds, haha. But yes, I think the three worlds are the three planes of existence. The Physical, the Mind-world(merging with god), and then the Spiritual world (God, Heaven)

And hell isn't beneath most of us... most of us are living it...

Also I agree with the post above that says: screw thinking about this, unless you're at the spiritual stage where you can contemplate it (and trust me, brother, if you're at that stage, then the answer will come to you with intuitive ease, and it won't require pondering)

Leave it to Guru sahib to worry about these things.

Guest Akirtghan

one example of bani where the "3 worlds" is used as a metaphor. (In other places "14 worlds" is used as well)

swcy qy pvnw BieAw pvnY qy jlu hoie ]

saachae thae pavanaa bhaeiaa pavanai thae jal hoe ||

From the True Lord came the air, and from the air came water.

jl qy iqRBvxu swijAw Git Git joiq smoie ]

jal thae thribhavan saajiaa ghatt ghatt joth samoe ||

From water, He created the three worlds; in each and every heart He has infused His Light.

inrmlu mYlw nw QIAY sbid rqy piq hoie ]3]

niramal mailaa naa thheeai sabadh rathae path hoe ||3||

The Immaculate Lord does not become polluted. Attuned to the Shabad, honor is obtained. ||3||

Now, in this tuk guru sahib has used 3 worlds as a metaphor (this tuk is talking about creation). If we take it literally then we will run into contradictions. lets look at a tuk from japji sahib

pwqwlw pwqwl lK Awgwsw Awgws ]

paathaalaa paathaal lakh aagaasaa aagaas ||

There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above.

it is clear from here that since there is no limit to akaal's creation, we cannot put a number on it pray.gif

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.

It could be a metaphor for creation in general as Baba Ji just said. When I was littler than I am now, I was told that these three worlds were this one, the one above us and the one below us (which used to make me think that there was a world underneath where I was standing and another invisible one in the sky). Perhaps it was a phrase used to help us understand that there are more worlds than this one alone as many people believe in heaven/here/hell.

Someone above mentioned that getting out of the 3 worlds is like Sachkhand, and it just ocurred to me that maybe the three worlds refer to the three attributes of Maya (Rajo/Tamo/Sato). Getting out of those is the fourth/higher/best level. As always I could be talking rubbish.