A Lil Lost And Empty

Guest _empty_

Guest _empty_

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Dear sadh sangat jee. I post this in the hope i recieve an answer to my desperation.

Many years ago guru sahib made me part of the panth. It was the best time of my life. I fel so close to guru sahib and with his kirpa i stayed strong in rehit, kept good sangat and was focused on his naam.

Today is a different story. When i look inside and where his naam and his light used to be is no longer to be seen.

I have had an extremely turbulent life. Ever since i was a child there has always been a lot of conflict, violence, abuse and addictions. I was at my lowest point when Guru nanak Dev Jee looked upon me and showed me the panth.

Over the last few years where i have really let go of the panth and sangat also coincides with the hardest chapter of my life. I have been having many personaly problems which has affected all areas of my life including my sikhi.

Although i still keep rehit and kaakars it is nto as as it used to be. More importantly i dont have the inspirations or the push to do so. I believe i may have cut off and bottles up my feelings not only in personal life but for EVERYTHING including the panth.

When i try to look within it just seems impossible to do so. I try to do simran and read bani but eventually i just loose the will to do so.

Please help.

Guest Guest

I heard Katha of Gyani Maskeen Ji. He said the longing to meet Waheguru is the actual journey. Once we have met we have become one.

We say Waheguru Waheguru yet only by reading Gurbani daily we discover Waheguru. By doing Paatth daily we will want to say Waheguru.

Just by saying only that sometimes are mind gets empty (Khalee) and gives up. This why we read Gurbani.

Guest Guest

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

welll ji as you said you dont have sangat.... you need to go , i have been feeling strange in sangat lately as in i dont want to go and i have noticed that i have no inspiration etc, you need to push yourself to go into sangat , like guru ji says if you take one stop towards him he takes thousands towards you!!!

like you also say guru nanak dev ji looked upon you and showed you the path , welll dont go back into what he took you out of.

and why do you think all this has happened? .... do you keep all your rehits ?

hope i could help even a little :wub:

bhull chukk maaff

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

to the orginional poster of this thread

at some point in our lives we get lost.................our path at one stage becomes clear and from that we find tremendous joy........................but things come in the way.................our minds starts thinking of ways to distract us from our path..................the 5 chors creep there way in and leave behind a trail of destruction,..................doubts, fears, insecurities,

If we let these fears consume us..................only we will suffer................Gods path is very difficult and sometimes its lke hanging off the edge of a cliff with nothing but a battered rope to cling to....................wen we fall or let go of this rope.........................we may not make it back and there goes our chance to find waheguru in this life after countless janams............but sometimes our soul survives this fall but its a long and trecherous journey to get back on top.................

in my humble opinion keep clinging onto the tattered rope of hope and faith and not matter wot comes in ur way........................waheguru WILL with his kind grace extend his hand out and save you............save us all......................wen will murakhs like myself realise that without His kirpa and darshan our state will only worsen and we ultimatly lead to our own distruction.............

bhul chuck maafi

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use