The Threat From Within

sewak sikh

it’s a known fact that too many Jattifications hamper Sikhi today and are totally contradicting our Gurus way, yet they go unchecked and unchallenged.

They would change the name of our religion to 'Jatt Panth' if they thought they could get away with it.

I saw some Jatt site where the guys were complaining that none of the Gurus came from that background. I think they thought Baba Buddha was conned out of Guruship by the Khatris. :wub: @

The current agitation isn't just about some fool dressing up like Guru Gobind Singh, it is about the encroachment of deras into Sikhi. The fool's act has been the catalyst but now it is about something bigger.

I'm not sure. These days, from what I see, the dera thing is stronger than every. The ideology of a flat hierarchy in Sikhi, were everyone is a bhai and equal seems to be diminishing to the point of being a minority view. Punjabi politics have become so dumbed down now, that a little bit of propaganda and people will take to the streets without much thought.

Deras are everywhere and many people back home are affiliated to them. it is also important that we define deras....what are we talking about when we say dera? Are Sikhs just complaining about nonSikh ones?

What about Karamsar, Nanaksar are these deras too? Because so many SIkhs seem to be into them big time.

I saw some Jatt site where the guys were complaining that none of the Gurus came from that background. I think they thought Baba Buddha was conned out of Guruship by the Khatris.

How can these people even dare to call themselves Sikhs? Even thinking things like that is as big a blasphemy as you can make. As far as they are concerned Sikhi is a front for 'Jatt Pride' and all the rest of it.

I have visited those Jatt sites in the past and it's like being on some white Nazi site. All they talk about is the 'purity' of their Jatt blood, the 'superiority' of the Jatt 'race' over all others, and full of hate and racism against non Jatts. Truly pathetic.