Ways Of Doing Parchaar

Everything is good, but I'm gonna have to disagree with the following:

the best way of doing parchar is by not doing parchar,... or to rephrase, the best way to do parchar is to not intend on donig parchar... lectures don't appeal to people...

Ofcourse we have to intend on doing parchaars, and these "lectures" are refererred to as kathaava, that the kathaavaachaks do to bring alot of people into Sikhi every year, many have come into Sikhi because of the gurmat class that happens at dixie gurdwara, its not a boring lecture but more of a thought provoking speech, you have to be able to relate to your audience when doing parchaar, Bhai Harmeet Singh does that really well, and he has gotten enough people into Sikhi, maybe even including me, because I use to goto that class before I got into Sikhi.

Bhai Parminder Singh's kathaa or lecture is also good, many people still listen and amazed. Doing gurmat classes at local gurdwaras is a really good way to start, find a local gurdwara without a gurmat class and you got yourself some sevaa to do.

It's great to wanna bring people back but we also have to make sure that whatever turned them off it the first place is being taking care of, or improve if u want. For example, if people were turned off by the gossip within the Gurudwara going people, it's time we address these kinds of issues during services.

Another thing, people need to have their needs met, if not why bother going to Gurudwara? If you don't gain anything spiritually, why bother? Naam simran is a must, not just during samagam (maybe i'm asking for too much?)

People must have their needs for autonomy, relatedness and competence met as well. This could be done by organizing different activities catered for different people. Like family counseling, anger management, teenagers, children, and so on.

Some churches have a whole bunch of social services offered which are not bad at all...i'm just jolting down ideas here...

i think the older generation are lost, have too many hindu like practises/beliefs. The youth are the ones whom we need to bring into sikhi.

English should be used as much as possible. Translations of paath/kirtan up as much as possible. Sikh classes discussing sikh way of life are really good.

sikh societies at unis are also good for getting interest,

also a support group at each gurdwara could really help, a lot of sikhs have famiyl problems/personal problems and feel all alone which shouldnt be the case. They should be able to discuss anything troubling them with some1 experienced/trained.

I beleif more emphasis being placed on getting youths into sikhi than maintaing quality within sikh youths after they take amrit.

Sri Guru Maharaj Patsah would rather have ten jaigaso (aas/hope of merging with vahiguroo) than having 1000 sikh youths who are stuck at the level of shariat.

All the dharams have four levels:

1. Shariat - Outer Rituals, Maryada(limit) so that mind doesnt do any kurahits.

2. Trikat - the way of worship for inner mind's purification

3. Marfat - means knowledge(shud gyan)

4. Hakikat- means realization of supreme reality.

Parchar isnt limited to samgams, seminars guys, parchar is more than that. These days parchar is only done on the 1st level, once youth takes amrit, all the responsiblity of parcharik is done, parcharik responsiblity should be like teachers. Taking amrit is just admission to school, once admission spiritual education starts have levels- high school grad, diploma, degree, phd. Parcharik responsiblity is take the student through all the levels.

Now question that comes down, who is the real parcharik? is it scholar? kathavachik? gyani? granthi sahiban?

Answer: None of them. Real Parcharik is the bhramgyani/atamgyani who have passed all four levels, expereinced all four levels, lived all four levels not just an scholar/tottagyani who have just read an book, teeka/steeks, spiritual school of thought havent yet expereinced it.

Those who are shardlu of any mahapursh, I am not sure if you guys have notice in their sangat, but its very strange, one amrit dristhi of mahapursh/one bachan of mahapursh/one gurbani tuk recitten by amrit mahi tongue of mahapursh have changed people's life from sinner to jaiagaso to saints. Its just one bachan, one dristi, here we spend ages ages on the forum, seminars, katha try to convince our monaie brothers to take amrit by debates, guilty trips, everything else. what happens? sometimes it works, somethings it does reverse negative effect youth gets put off by sikhi all together.

In the sangat of mahapursh, if karams are good of youths who havent taken amrit, all it takes is - one bachan- amrit(khanda da amrit, naam amrit) shakla premia, answer: Satbachan...what is the energy behind that bachan? that energy is energy of naam, atamgyan/bhramgyan.

Sikhi was never been about quantity. Once again i repeat, Guru maharaj would rather have 10 jaiagaso than having 1000 of sikh youths/sikhs who are stuck at the level of shariat.

^^^ i dont know if its right to try to get inspiration/guidance from individuals, this is how a lot of sects have set up in sikhi, and is why there is so much indifference/disagreement in our panth.

sri guru granth sahibji has all the answers and should be our only guru (teacher)

forgive me if if i am wrong

wjkk wjkf