Chaupai Sahib

Mkhalsa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i personally love the sampooran taksali rehras starting from HAR JUG JUG BHAGAT UPAYA all the way till TIS SAHIB KI TAIK NANAK MANNE MAAHE JIS SIMRAT SUKH HOY SAGLE DUKH JAAHE...chaupai sahib starts from HUMRI KARO HAATH DE RAKSHA till DOHRA : SAGAL DWAAR KO SHAAD KE GAHYO TUHAARO DWAAR BAAHE GAHE KI LAAJ AS GOBIND DAAS TOHAAR.

some gutkay start chaupai sahib from "bahur asur ka kaatas mathaa" and others start from "pun raachhass ka kaataa seesa"...is this not part of sampooran chaupai sahib?

and does rehraas also consist of the shabads after chaupai sahib ("sambath satreh sehas bhanijay...", "daas jan kar daas par keejai kirpa apaar...", "mai na ganesai pritham manaoo kishan bishan kab hu na dhiaaoo..." and others)

some gutkay start chaupai sahib from "bahur asur ka kaatas mathaa" and others start from "pun raachhass ka kaataa seesa"...is this not part of sampooran chaupai sahib?
i think it starts from humri karo haath de rachha...coz notice right before that there is mangalacharan (dunno if mangalacharan is the right word) PATSHAHI DASVI KABIOBAACH BENTI CHOUPEI
and does rehraas also consist of the shabads after chaupai sahib ("sambath satreh sehas bhanijay...", "daas jan kar daas par keejai kirpa apaar...", "mai na ganesai pritham manaoo kishan bishan kab hu na dhiaaoo..." and others)
yes the sampooran rehras does have all that ;)

hope that helps

sangat plzz correct me if i m wrong :(

i think it starts from humri karo haath de rachha...coz notice right before that there is mangalacharan (dunno if mangalacharan is the right word) PATSHAHI DASVI KABIOBAACH BENTI CHOUPEI

but Jaap Sahib has numerous titles in it too...so you can't really say it signifies the starting of the bani...and in the gutkay i've seen, the "Patshahee Dasvee(n)" part is BEFORE the bahur asur ka kaatas mathaa or pun raachhass ka kaataa seesa part...

and the hamri karo haath dai rachhaa part only has kabiovaach benti chaupai before it.

Guest balwinderkaur
it is sagri rochak and mr. singh theres no such thing as a longer one it is called sampooran chapaui sahib which means the full and the right one

agree. ;) sgpc has shortened bani considerably,...speaking about shortening bani....where is it said that you only do 5 pauris and the last pauri of anand saahib at the end of a smaagam/keertan programme/ rahiraas??????? isnt that bani distortion??? shouldnt the full anand sahib be recited????

it is sagri rochak and mr. singh theres no such thing as a longer one it is called sampooran chapaui sahib which means the full and the right one

agree. ;) sgpc has shortened bani considerably,...speaking about shortening bani....where is it said that you only do 5 pauris and the last pauri of anand saahib at the end of a smaagam/keertan programme/ rahiraas??????? isnt that bani distortion??? shouldnt the full anand sahib be recited????

I beleive this is a tradition dating back to guru arjan dev jee for doing samapti. First 5 paurees of anand sahib and salok from japji sahib. I have heard from some people that the last pauree of anand sahib (ana(n)d sunoh vaddbhageeo) was not done traditionally, but I dont know if this is true.

Guest balwinderkaur

I beleive this is a tradition dating back to guru arjan dev jee for doing samapti. First 5 paurees of anand sahib and salok from japji sahib. I have heard from some people that the last pauree of anand sahib

(ana(n)d sunoh vaddbhageeo) was not done traditionally, but I dont know if this is true.

i see....any first hand evidence available????

i read the choupai in my rehraas every evening from a nihang gutka.

the choupai is longer to then the one in the taksal gutkas with bani added from the dasam granth and sarbloh granth.

In this it is sagri srist there is no siharee there as in the taksal gutka. thats what i want to know who put that these.

In respect to the Rehraas should be done according to the way the SGPC say is rubbish. they are diluting sikhi.

I have access to a larivaar gutka from the early 1800s. In that the rehraas is even longer then the ones in the nihang gutka with all forty paurees of the anand sahib in it and a lot more dasam bani.

Also the aarta and aartee are alot longer

I think the bani should be the same as it was then not continually shortening it from the advice given by corrupt people who are run by the indian government.