Chaupai Sahib

Mkhalsa

In respect to the Rehraas should be done according to the way the SGPC say is rubbish. they are diluting sikhi.
Bhaji we got to remember that the MARYADA is MARYADA,

IU mean i eahrd from someone that TYHAT was how it USED TO BE DONE,

and then later on People began to add more and more BANI, which in my opinion is WRONG!

cause if GURU JI made it like that, then its MEANT TO BE LIKE THAT

if you want to read more Bani, that GOOD ..very well done.

but I think people shoudl stop claiming it to be in the REHRAAS

ALso As foir the long CHaupie

I have NO CLUE why it is like that,

but I remember a katha vachic from SIkh Missionary collage, said that Chaupie is to 25 and thats IT

as Ms 514 siad iina previous post:

You want to read extra Gurbani in your Nitnem...great...do it. You a women who wants to wear a Keski? Fantastic.

But what gives any of you the right to tell the rest of the Panth they are wrong? If you feel that strongly, raise the point with the Akal Thakat. But until changes are made to the Rehat Maryada, it IS the law of the Panth and it is the duty of every Sikh to follow that law.

Bhull chukk maaf

Wah

eguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was talking to a bazurag from taksal and i asked him if it is sagri or sigri, he told me it can be either since they have the same meaning, just like how sometimes in bani if you ad a tipi its still the same meaning.

But i've heard that you shold pronounce it SHUD.

There was someone who posted a Sakhio where someone was doing PAath..'wrong'

And Guru ji told ihm to stop breaking his ANG

there was someone who posted that before:s

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ive just got a regular gutka....doesnt look taksali or sgpc or whatever......i dont think it has the longer rehras or chaupai but it definately has the anand.......anywhere online i can find the roman transliteration of the words (plllllzzzzzzzzzz) or the place in SGGS where i need to do extra paath from

i do see this as quite important cuz i remember a sakhi of a gursikh who didnt do his jap sahib and as a result he got semi darshan from guru gobind singh - guru ji only looked at him then rode away........n he found it was cuz he hadnt dun his nitnem properly

also when is tavprasad chaupai ment to be read? or r u meant to read kabiyo baach benti chaupai in the morning n evening (thats wat i thought)

I have a question thats been bothering me..

What is sampooran chaupai? in the taksal gutka there seems to be TWO different versions..

one (in rehras) starts with another chaupai and has more arrils and dohras at the end and the other is in the nitnem which just has a little bit more but a LOT less than in rehras. Which one is right? the one in the rehras has page references from all over dasam granth which would suggest its NOT one bani but a bunch of them put together from different parts of dasam granth, whereas the nitnem one seems to be one continuous bani. so which is right? and if the nitnem one is then why purport that the rehras one with bani added from all over the place is the correct one?

I am pretty confused.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use