Is Tapoban Down?

I haven't seen new posts for like 2 days maybe, and even some posts that were there are not there now.

Anyways, Bhai Kulbir Singh ji posted a really chardi kala post about Rehits related to ishnaan at Amrit Vela over here: http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1...8921&t=8921

Since I can't see responses there, and now I don't even see my own posts in that thread for some reason, I thought I'll try bugging the sangat on this forum (6)

6) After washing your hair, soak out water and comb your hair and beard. Wash your kanga and place in in your jooRa (hair knot). Tie your keski ( a new one, a fresh one) on your head.
Wouldn't the hair start smelling and become weak (yeah I said this in another thread as well probably) if we tie them while they are wet? And combing wet hair would break a lot more hairs as well, right?
7) Wash your Siri Sahib and Gaatra or use your second set of washed gaatra and Siri Sahib and tie it around your head.
I thought the Sri Sahib could get rust if we washed it daily with water. Also, how about washing the Gatra in the end and wearing 1 thats mildly wet, because if one was to wash it before, you'd be wearing a wet Gatra on your head as you did ishnaan.

6) After washing your hair, soak out water and comb your hair and beard. Wash your kanga and place in in your jooRa (hair knot). Tie your keski ( a new one, a fresh one) on your head.

Wouldn't the hair start smelling and become weak (yeah I said this in another thread as well probably) if we tie them while they are wet? And combing wet hair would break a lot more hairs as well, right?

I personally disagree with tapoban sangat on this one. I believe one should wash their body first, then wash their hair, leaving it loose to dry whilst doing abhiyaas. However to answer your question i believe they only tie up ther hair whilst washing their body, then after they leave it loose to dry naturally.

7) Wash your Siri Sahib and Gaatra or use your second set of washed gaatra and Siri Sahib and tie it around your head.

I thought the Sri Sahib could get rust if we washed it daily with water. Also, how about washing the Gatra in the end and wearing 1 thats mildly wet, because if one was to wash it before, you'd be wearing a wet Gatra on your head as you did ishnaan.

I would have two gatre and wear them on alternate days, washing ur gatra every day, then leave it to dry and put ur clean, dry one on.

Hmmm i clean my sri sahib with sand, i think it would get damaged washing it with water every day

all i know is when you do panj pyarey seva, thats when its really required to wash your gatra and sri sahib. with sand. . .however the sri sahib should always be clean. wrt washing kes etc. . .i was told not to do it everyday as it will harm my kes . . .and always put allot of oil into kes. but everyone has different views on this.

i dun wash my hair everyday... twice a week is wha i do... and i dun wash my hair in the mornin, i wash it (with shampoo) at nite before i sleep.. that way when i wake up in the mornin i's dry and good to go.. if i washed my hair in the mornin it would be wet through the day (at work) and would be itchy and uncomfortable... nebody who's seen my hair knows it takes FOREVER for it to dry... even if i leave it open, it'll take at least 6 to 7 hours to dry...

i guess i's diff for everybody.. i kno singhs who have VERY short kesh, so are able to do ishnaan of kesh everyday... nah the case for me...

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think this:

Do whatever you like right

AND don't force your views on others

eg: "THIS is Gurmat.. otherwise is Manmat" who are we to say whats gurmat lol..

I used to wash kesh everyday - stopped coz ma kesh started falling off (even w/o shampoo) so me just chillin with weekly kesi ishnaan ini