1984 - 20 YEARS!!!!!

Akaali

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with SIngh! Nothing can be done about the horrible occurances of 1984. Rather, a bigger problem exists with the fallout of 'sikhs'... I think for many youth of today, the constant referral of 1984 and Khalistan may be driving some away from Sikhi...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

sorry to disagree but constant referral to our shaheeds is not turning anyone away from sikhi except the traitors. The ghalughara of 1984 is the story of our martyrs of our struggle, just as the past ghalugaras are always remembered and shaheeds honored. 1984 is always brought up becuase the fight is not over. If you honestly believe we should put 1984 behind us then go tell the mother's of those who never came home, go tell Jaswant Singh Khalra's wife that the fight is over. If youth are being turned away from Sikhi because of talks about 1984 and Khalistan then those youth do not feel the pain of the panth.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

then those youth do not feel the pain of the panth.

I think that is the problem. Many people do not see what 1984 was all about. But when a sikh tries to follow the panth, and the first thing they hear is all 'Khalistan', it seems fundamentalist, and that scares them.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

yeah i agree that the first thing they hear should not be khalistan. The difference between the old kharkoos and the later kharkoos was that the first great kharkoos like Gurbachan Singh manhochal and Sukhdev singh babbar was that they knew their gurbani inside out, they were sants first and then sipahis. A person who wishes to be a sipahi without the gurbani is worthless. So in this respect i agree with you. The babbar Khalsa was very strict at first, you had to know nitnem by heart to get in, then later on it was open enrollment and that is when black cats got in and betrayed many kharkoo singhs. Sikhi is first and foremost and when we become sikhs of the Guru, khalistan's vision comes naturally without much debate.

khalsa ji,

as u no, i sent this message 2 sikhnet. i hav given u sum info but u aint responded. also, u must put this on tv stations as well. like the bbc, cos there woz this program called sikhs n the bbc put it on (the editor checked it, n he woz shocked by wot the government did, yes he woz gora), n according 2 the ratings, that documentry alone hit the 5 million mark. so imagine those 5 million ppl watching (this woz at the time of vaisakhi), all those muslims, hindus n other religions, they understood another point. try getting the bbc cameraman 2 put this documentry on the bbc as well! nywayz, u had 5 replies, this is wot ppl wrote...

I recommend you listen to the GREAT and INFORMATIVE BBC documentary called - From the AShes of AmritSar:

From the Ashes of Amritsar

which can be found:

http://www.sikhifm.com/playlistonline2.htm

they are not very big files , I revommend you lsiten to them

they are just GREAT ..I think when I was listening to it, about a year ago I was in tears

also I recommend you have a look thru:

http://members.tripod.com/~ssosan/carn/carnage-1.htm

http://www.neverforget84.tk/

http://bhindranwale.tripod.com/fateh/index.html

From Mkhalsa BHaji's site:

THis is the GOI's version.......NOTE: This article is filled with bias, lies and propoganda. Please remember everyone at Darbar Sahib we

re innocent victims to this act of genocide on the part of the Indian Government. Nothing on this page reflects any of my views and I just have it here for informational purposes only.

also from Mkhalsa bhaji's site:

the true version of what happened:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/alienz/lit/bluestare.html

last but not least:

http://www.maboli.com/Sikh_HR/Picture_Gall.../torture_1.html

this shouild keep you busy for a while

bhull chukk maaf

May be they could interview GS Tohra (head of SGPC) he was in the Darbar Sahib complex at the time of the attack and somehow survived and managed to surrender (this is rather strange considering that other innocent people were gunned down). In my opinion he knows a lot more than he lets on.

I have heard he is due in the USA soon for surgery, so this may be a good time to get his on camera.

can i note that tohra surrendred wen the attack happened. although he swore he would fight.

There are many books that are available which provide a lot of information about operation bluestar and what happened in delhi afterwards.

You can read

"The gallent Defender" by A.R. Darshi

and

"Dairy Panne"(written in punjabi) by a journalist who was an eyewitness to what was happening(i dont remember the name of the writer but it is published by Sikh itihas research board and u can get it in most of the bookshops in gurudwaras)-There is a day by day description of the events.

I want to add,that if you go by what the government reports and media reports,you are gonna miss a lot of facts.So it is better to go by what eyewitnesses had to say.

Manpreet Singh

and finalley

A good book on 1984 (Operation Blue Star and Sikh massacre on November) in punjabi is

Kion Kito Vesaho? (Why did you t

rust?)

by Narain Singh

This book is available at www.nahal.com and is priced at $3.

hope it helps

khalsa,

least u answered my questions. also, there r 2 head granthis now at the darbar sahib, giani mohan singh (he has returned after being forced 2 retire a few yrs bak) and giani puran singh (he took over as head granthi after mohan singh left), still they r 2 high priests that were there at the time of 1984. both are very, very valuable (info wise 2 tell u), puran singh saw a part jaloe sahib (wen the bir is decorated in gold on special occasions, its wot raja ranjit singh gave that, its on top of darshan deori aka tosha khana, if u wanna show it 2 the sangat, its normally there on a normal day, but on a gurpurab they show it, the sgpc shud show u this) being caught on fire, giani ji did try and make normal paath carry on (he saw ppl bein gunned down) i read sumwhere that as soon as he walked in2 darbar sahib, he stepped on2 a dead body. mohan singh is an old timer, he was beaten up by the army, some reconstructions of this would be really, really good. but 2 do so, u wud hav 2 use a model of darbar sahib n show wot happened, hey if u put it on bbc u cud get nominated 4 best documentry award (lol). also, perhaps they can take u 2 the hed granthi of the time, giani singh sahib (m not sure if hes dead).

also, ppl say the sgpc got rid of all bullets, well guess wot? ure wrong, cos there r bullets (i saw this 2 yrs bak wen i went 2 darbar sahib), as u go up 2 the stairs 2 visit the shish mahal (that domed pavillion on top of the golden temple), as u go up, there r bullet holes (u may hav 2 luk @ each staircase (there r 4 staircases which lead 2 the shish mahal i think).

the sgpc may hav sum stuff u may wanna use. (try gettin a pic of jaloe sahib as well, so ppl no wot it

is, cos a part of that got caught on fire).

hope i hav given u more info.