I Dont Understand This ... So It Must Be Wrong!

AK-47

There have been countless discussions over the years in which people (including myself) have used the words 'that doesnt make sense, so it must be wrong'. Another phrase we use is 'common sense' or sometime we try and make use of 'logic'.

In each argument we use OUR brains to decide what is right or wrong, or what is true or not true, what is or what is not.

And yet guru maharajh teaches us again and again and does ardas again and again to maharajh that 'i have no intellect, you teach me'.

On one hand guru ji is teaching us that we as humans have no intellect, that basically we are blind to the glory of vaheguru and dumb to his teachings, and only by bhagti can we learn and see the truth. He is telling us that our brains are full of rubbish and that we cannot use these brains to determine vaheguru and his shakthi.... so why do we still say things like 'well it doesnt make sense to use a jyot, so im going to reject it.' of course it doesnt make sense ... we are idiots and cant make sense of anything!!

people question guru jis wives, gurus jis powers, guru ji at vaisakhi, guru ji at panja sahib, dukh bhanjani bheri, etc etc etc. all these things we dispute and reject because our minds cant make sense of it ... and yet we seem to be able to accept that vaheguru exists ... hmmm. on one hand we cant accept that guru gobind singh ji removed 5 heads and rejoined them, but we can accept the notion of a 'being' which created us all and sustains us and will ultimately destroy us? we cant beleive that guru nanak dev ji was able to stop a rock with his hand, but we are ok with the notion that god created the universe out of nothing...

our mind really is playing tricks with us!

so i guess the question is, can we rely on our minds to determine anything?!! just because something doesnt make sense to us, is it right to reject it on that basis alone?

this is a general question with just some random examples used. please let me know wat u think.

mmmmmmmmmm a very thought provocing and interesting question you have thought of veer jee/pehnjee. The mind is a very powerful thing...............yet imagine looking through a telescope u can see the destination but you can see anything outside of the scope of the telescope...................so we think we see all there is but dont not take into account what else is around us..............the mind is the eye that looks through the telescope and what see see back is a reflection of our own preception of what is in front of us

Waheguru........in my eyes is a pressence..............we feel it all around us else we wouldnt except the theory of a "supreme being" but because He is not "seen" in the physical sense the mind cannot make sense of it..............if something is not clear cut and achieve through rational thought.................when we step outside the mind and the physical aspect of the world..........we see the the tamasha that IS MAYA.............

Life is funny man... We are puppets full of EGO ... The day i find Waheguru (if i ever do tongue.gif ) i'll ask them so many questions .. annnoy them .. thy'll send me sachkand to get rid of me tongue.gif ... I knw thy are giggling while watching me write all this :lol:

Can I come with you? You can say "He's worse than me. He doesn't even know what to ask!"

kbIr jI Gru 1

kabeer jee ghar 1

Kabeer Jee, First House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

sMqu imlY ikCu sunIAY khIAY ]

sa(n)th milai kishh suneeai keheeai ||

When you meet a Saint, talk to him and listen.

imlY AsMqu msit kir rhIAY ]1]

milai asa(n)th masatt kar reheeai ||1||

Meeting with an unsaintly person, just remain silent. ||1||

bwbw bolnw ikAw khIAY ]

baabaa bolanaa kiaa keheeai ||

O father, if I speak, what words should I utter?

jYsy rwm nwm riv rhIAY ]1] rhwau ]

jaisae raam naam rav reheeai ||1|| rehaao ||

Speak such words, by which you may remain absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

sMqn isau boly aupkwrI ]

sa(n)than sio bolae oupakaaree ||

Speaking with the Saints, one becomes generous.

mUrK isau boly JK mwrI ]2]

moorakh sio bolae jhakh maaree ||2||

To speak with a fool is to babble uselessly. ||2||

bolq bolq bFih ibkwrw ]

bolath bolath badtehi bikaaraa ||

By speaking and only speaking, corruption only increases.

ibnu boly ikAw krih bIcwrw ]3]

bin bolae kiaa karehi beechaaraa ||3||

If I do not speak, what can the poor wretch do? ||3||

khu kbIr CUCw Gtu bolY ]

kahu kabeer shhooshhaa ghatt bolai ||

Says Kabeer, the empty pitcher makes noise,

BirAw hoie su kbhu n folY ]4]1]

bhariaa hoe s kabahu n ddolai ||4||1||

but that which is full makes no sound. ||4||1||

(Bhagat Kabeer, Ang 870 Guru Mahraj)

i wish i recited Gurbani, absorbed it and then practised it as i could then stop wasting my life away arguing with people lol where has it got me?

agree with your point - we're not capable of fathoming Mahraj, same as we can't understand or comprehend God, all we are capable of is grasping at His hem and holding on for dear life.