Bhangra, hindi movies, hindi songs...

Jash

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I just wanted to find out...is it wrong to dance? like bhangra or sumthing? i know guruji has mentioned in gurbani that we're not suppose to dance n all..but that was MANY years ago...now things have changed...i yes i do agree that gurujis hukam is gurujis hukam..n we should not go against it...lolz..itz like i'm answering my own question!!..i just wanna know the sangaats view on this...personally..i feel that itz not wrong...coz u're not doing anything bad...u're just dancing..n that is bhangra summore..itz not like...r&b or sumthing...

n what abt hindi movies? or listening to hindi songs?...i'm sure most of us do watch hindi movies... right?? :T:

personally..i find it kinda distracting...all those lovely songs...n all..it just influence u....but u can't just stop rite...coz itz just soo nice..

one thing i would like to state here.. nothing can beat simran!!...thatz the best!...by jaap naam...u can attain eternal peace...not by listening to hindi songs...but it isn't wrong rite?

hmm..it looks like i'm answering my own questions here...nway...plz do put in ur opinions...it really means a lot to me..n to all of us...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i think it is wrong to dance in a way that mimicks <admin-profanity filter activated> moves etc. Bhangra, the original kind not the Bollywood version, is much more like excercise than anything else. The best explanation I have ever read is from Nachdi Jawani Toronto Bhangra team's website which says, "Sikh Attitude to Bhangra (Dancing)

Dancing is a mode of entertainment in western countries. Sikhism applies the general test mentioned in the scripture to any entertainment, namely, "Avoid that which causes pain or harm to the body or produces evil thoughts in the mind."

As disco is likely to arouse <admin-profanity filter activated> feelings it is not permitted to the Sikhs. Dances purely for the promotions of physical health or fitness not taboo. Cultural dances like Bhangra Gidha etc. are not forbidden, but these should not be performed in the presence of guru Granth Sahib. Such dances are meant for social occasions or festivals and have no religious significance.

There are religious dances, which are done by the Hindus (as for example "Ras Lila") and also by Muslims Sufi mystics. Such dances are not permitted in Sikhism. What the Guru permitted was the dance of the mind; and not of the body. "

I am part of a bhangra team and we love doing it because it is a great cardio workout and it is fun. We however, do not have girls on our team nor do we ever dance with girls. We do straight up traditional bhangra. The avove source can be found at www.nachdijawani.com under bhangra

hope this helps.....