Is It In His Hukam To Lose Faith Too?

lose the icha and desires to be "chardikala", walk in the hukam of the guru

Explain further ... if possible with example ...... I really need this. :)

My feeling is that if you look at your destination and are too focussed on that, then you lose the importance of how to ge there. Think of it like this. You are to walk to teh top of the mountain. You do not look up at the mountain durign your walk. Indeed, for 90% of your walk, the peak may nto be visible due to clouds or sub-peaks in the way. All you do is walk, rest, eat, walk, rest, drink, walk, walk, walk. Just because you cannot see the peak, you know it is there and you kep walkign because you have faith that you will get there.

Same with anything in life, or as we are discussing here, the ultimate aim. So take each action and day at a time and do things like sewa and worthwhile things, forgetting the mountain top. Just assume it will coem one day if you do enough climbing.

Using the analogy of the mountain, if you focus on the destination, it may appear closer then it really is, when you get there you will notice this isnt the top of the mountain, this will create depression within you and if anything you will be taking steps backwards not forwards.

Fulfil your rehit because you want to, not because you have to, do it without the desire for reward only for pyar.

Using the analogy of the mountain, if you focus on the destination, it may appear closer then it really is, when you get there you will notice this isnt the top of the mountain, this will create depression within you and if anything you will be taking steps backwards not forwards.

Fulfil your rehit because you want to, not because you have to, do it without the desire for reward only for pyar.

I'm glad we can have spiritual and practical advice here. More of this kind of thing and less uncultured arguing please! pray.gif

Dear Sangat Jee,

Especially over the past month my faith in guru jee has faded and now it is in decline. When i do amritvela and do paat etc i no longer feel anything, no love, no warm feeling in my stomach, no smile plays across my lips - i have no faith at all. I am really upset and feel i have been cut from Vaaheguroo and don't know what to do. I want to feel the feelings i had before, i want the faith i had before. Whether it is because maya has had a stronger influence or what i really don't know. :);)

Please may you bless this sinner with some knowledge as i would be truly greatful.

Forever your servant, d_oh.gif :WW:

Khalsa123 - Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Wahguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe,

Waheguru ji don't think that you cust from waheguru...

I am also new in sikhi and I become sikh 6 monthes ago before that I was Mr. Kumar, but I learend few things from some really old gursikhs.. Same thing happened with me and that gur shikh explained me why it happens like that...

Waheguru when I listened explanation of that Gurshikh then I realised that he was right..

Waheguru ji when ever we meet each other like as gursikhs either they are our gursikh sisters or our gursikh brothers we don't discuss Guru (that is Akal purkh him self) and we due just contradictions or just do Nindia of political leaders or other ve-mukh ppls...

but we don't do SIFT of AKAL PURAKH

If you do nitnem then you read every day

"SADA SIF SLAH TERI NAAM MAN VASAVE NAAM JI K MAN VASEA VAJE SHABAD GHNERE"

and wheguru ji the the warm feelings you feel was the feeling of NAAM and as much you will do shabad vichar with gursikh brothes and sisters and our mother or any one else then definatly you will feel that warmness again...

but make sure that SHABAD VICHAR remains SHABD VICHAR not NINDA OF ANY OTHER RILIGON OR NINDA OF ANY OTHER COMUNITY

I am telling you these things coz I was in same situation and when I talk to that very old Gur Sikh then he asked me these things first he me just see your self how mich NINDA I am doing

Because its not ur story its the story of every Gursikh who is in the Inital Stage

But keep Doing ardas then you will definatly start to do the "SIFT OF AKAL PURK"

Bhull Chuk maaf karni.... J kuch galat keh dita hove ta maaf kar deo

Wahguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe,

I'm glad we can have spiritual and practical advice here. More of this kind of thing and less uncultured arguing please! pray.gif

Cool thinking ............... got the idea of both ... I'll try that if possible.

Thanks!

Dear Sangat Jee,

Especially over the past month my faith in guru jee has faded and now it is in decline. When i do amritvela and do paat etc i no longer feel anything, no love, no warm feeling in my stomach, no smile plays across my lips - i have no faith at all. I am really upset and feel i have been cut from Vaaheguroo and don't know what to do. I want to feel the feelings i had before, i want the faith i had before. Whether it is because maya has had a stronger influence or what i really don't know. :);)

Please may you bless this sinner with some knowledge as i would be truly greatful.

Forever your servant, d_oh.gif :WW:

Khalsa123 - Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Guru ji will help you find a way....... i found this gurdwara round the corner from where i work, so i try to go twice a week during my longer lunch breaks, and becuase its a small gurdwara theres always so much more opportunity to do seva, i'm so glad i got this job!

So just don't worry! i spent most of the summer feeling like this, then i got this job, and i started doing more paath, adding other things to the japji sahib i was doing everyday. that helped me so much!

I hope that helps,

wjkk wjkf

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Dear Sangat Jee,

Many thansk for all the replies, they have opened my eyes and helped me understand more. However, i am still feeling this same unemotional feeling, even when doing prayers, simran, listening to kirtan. It has no effect on me anymore, i dont feel anything. It is the worst feeling ever and i just wish i could walk hand in hand again with Maharaj feeling the love i had before. I could just cry out in pain! ;) :sady: pray.gif

Sorry to post this :)

Many thanks for being there,

Khalsa 123 d_oh.gif