Need To Know The Rules

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really think about it, then it is the people's duty to maek sure you are who you say you are. So i would say, to avoid headache, keep your passport upto date.

In india , even if they do recognise you from your passport pic, they will use that as an excuse to get money out of you. Its just the way there. So dont give them anything they can hassle you on.

should i update my passport pic for when i go next year. i never used to wear a turban or have a dhari. i look a lot different

Bibi SJ Kaur,

The last time we talked you hadn't taken amrit. I dunno if you are amritdhari now but here are my 2 paise...

1. You can put the kirpan in the luggage that you check in (don't put it in carry ons).

2. Dastar could be a problem if your passport photo os different. You shouldn't take chances, cover your head with a patka instead. When you come back get your passport photo updated and thn u can travel with dastar on ;) . If you are amritdhari now thn go with the dastar and explain to them :) .

N-joi! u'r trip :cool:

Guest peacemaker

For the safety of themselves and everyone on board, they should remove their kirpan. Someone could use it as a weapon and take it from you, let's say you are sleeping, and hurt someone with it.

Its hardly possible for someone to take your Kirpaan off your Kathraa Saahb and use it with bad intentions... cos first of all they're supposed to be fastend and second wouldn't you wear it under your clothes instead of attracting attention....??

You know what Bhenj if u want my opinion i suggest you take your Kirpaan off n put it in the suitcase HIDDEN!! and just dont eat on the plane as for the Dasthaar I don't see what difference it makes...they look at ur facial features not what you got on top of your head.

Why can't she eat? blink.gif I wouldn't hide anything either. Just tell them upfront.

Mere rituals if you ask me...

Well if you think its "rituals" then thats your opinion not for me 2 comment - but I've got told once you've taken Amrith you can't consume food or summat if your aint got your Panj Kakaars on....I don't know if thats what Sikhism says but thats what my vud'eh have told me.

other than that no one get offended

yup penjee is right, u shouldnt eat whilst ur kirpan is off, also its recommended to do japiji sahib ji da paat on the journey as ur away from ur kirpan.

:)

vjkk vjkf