Need To Know The Rules

wjkk wjkf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

hope ur all chardi kalaa

quick q...

I'm goin to India next week

dad says not to wear my dastaar cos on my passport I'm not wearing one (it was before i started wearing one)

he's worried that indian customs gonna be obtuse and be a pain so not to risk it. So i was wondering about what to do then, should i tie when I arrive? wear a patka on plane? any ideas?

also - kirpanwise, i dont know the rules...can someone fill me in?

I'll be much obliged thanks

waheguru ji ka khalsa wahweguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I do is wear a little kirpan around my neck I've got through with it fine so far. In regards to your dastaar you should be fine. Then can't say anything to you a british passport is like gold they won't say a word. As long as your facial features are similar its not a problem. They know people change after all passports last ten years they expect people to be different in the photo. I know this because I was worried also so I phoned the passport office and they told me the above :) . Hope this helps

You know what Bhenj if u want my opinion i suggest you take your Kirpaan off n put it in the suitcase HIDDEN!! and just dont eat on the plane as for the Dasthaar I don't see what difference it makes...they look at ur facial features not what you got on top of your head.

Either way NO OFFENCE to the Bhajee/Bhenjee above I wouldn't reccommened putting a "small" Kirpan round your neck - that just aint right...Kirpaans supposed to be by your side-or if circumstances don't allow you to then don't wear it-can't replace a

9 inch+ Kirpaan for a thing round ur neck....

are u allowed to take kirpans over still (in luggage)...wondering after the last airport threats from terrorists, and what about on the way back?

my dad was worried cos he said that indian airport staff just look for an excuse to make your life more difficult.

I'm flyin by myself so he's a bit :)

in india ur allowed to wear kirpan 9 inch in domestic planes ... and regarding dastar from indian side there would be no problem if ur coming to amritsar or delhi ... if junior staff says something ... just say we want to meet ur higher officials ... thats it ...

Guest peacemaker
You know what Bhenj if u want my opinion i suggest you take your Kirpaan off n put it in the suitcase HIDDEN!! and just dont eat on the plane as for the Dasthaar I don't see what difference it makes...they look at ur facial features not what you got on top of your head.

Why can't she eat? blink.gif I wouldn't hide anything either. Just tell them upfront.

Mere rituals if you ask me...

Why can't she eat? blink.gif I wouldn't hide anything either. Just tell them upfront.

Mere rituals if you ask me...

Well if you think its "rituals" then thats your opinion not for me 2 comment - but I've got told once you've taken Amrith you can't consume food or summat if your aint got your Panj Kakaars on....I don't know if thats what Sikhism says but thats what my vud'eh have told me.

other than that no one get offended

are u allowed to take kirpans over still (in luggage)...

i brought back a suitcase full of shastar,we just wrapped them in black bin bags (clean ones of course)

Why can't she eat?

some Gursikhs have so much pyaar for Maharaaj's rehat, that they feel incomplete without their kakaar. thats why they choose not to eat. if you refuse to eat when your kakaar have been removed without understanding the purpose, then it would be a ritual.

should i update my passport pic for when i go next year. i never used to wear a turban or have a dhari. i look a lot different

vaheguruuu, kirpa!! =)

a dhari would make a huge difference, maybe u should update it?

especially if it has nearly expired

bhull chuk maaf

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh!!