Gurujee's Invitation To The Sangat In 1699

From what we know about Sikh history, Dasmesh Pitah Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj had asked the Sikhs to assemble at the Vasakhi of 1699 with uncut beards and kesh. I have been thinking, would anyone know if someone preserved that handwritten invitation letter? Probably atleast one sidak vaali Gurmukh family must have preserved it? Right?

Thank you

• 3 months later...

Actually, there is a hukamnama that can be found that is meant to be attributed to Guru Gobind Singh Ji (sent to the sangat of Kabul), however that hukamnama is questioned by most scholars; and is thus not included in Dr Ganda Singhs “Hukamnamey” (where the hukamnamas from the above site were extracted from.)

I know the “Kabuli Sangat Gurdwara” (Guru Nanak Darbar?) in Southall (London) has a PRINTED copy of it.

gurugobindsinghletter.jpg

"Sarbat sangat Kabul Guru rakhe ga Tusa ute asaadee bahut khusi hai Tusi Khande da Amrit Panja to lena Kes rakhne...ih asadee mohur hair; Kachh, Kirpan da visah nahee karna SARB LOH da kara hath rakhna Dono vakat kesa dee palna karna Sarbat sangat abhakhia da kutha Khave naheen, Tamakoo na vartana Bhadni tatha kanya-maran-vale so mel na rakhe Meene, Massandei, Ramraiye ki sangat na baiso Gurbani parhni...Waheguru, Waheguru japna Guru kee rahat rakhnee Sarbat sangat oopar meri khushi hai." (Patshahi Dasvi Jeth 26, Samat 1756)

"To the entire sangat at Kabul. The Guru will protect the Sangat, I am pleased with you all. You should take baptism by the sword, from the Five Beloveds. Keep your hair uncut for this is a seal of the Guru, Accept the use of shorts and a sword. Always wear IRON KARA on your wrist, Keep your hair clean and comb it twice a day. Do not eat meat/flesh, Do not use tobacco in any form, Have no connection with those who kill their daughters Or permit the cutting of their children's hair. Do not associate with Meenas, Massands and Ram-raiyas (anti-Sikh cults) Recite the Guru's hymns Meditate on "The Name of our Wonderful Lord", Follow the Sikh code of discipline I give the entire sangat my blessing" (Signature of 10th Guru Jeth 26, 1756 Bikrami (23rd May 1699 A.D) )