Beards In Faiths

sikh_youth_uk

I was watching a talk on a muzzie channel by Dr Zakir Naik (india), the talk was about identity of faiths.

He brought up beards and said the biggest apperceation of the beard has to go to the Sikhs, and was saying how Sikhs are very proud of their identity.

He also said how Sikhs will take employers to court if anyone says anything and Muslims hide there identity I always thought it was the other way round.

Guest peacemaker
All religions feel as if they are dying. The discoveries of science has left religion in the dark. Atheism is the new religion of todays world

too bad that everything in sikhi is 'science friendly'... nothing in sikhi goes against anythin in science..

Sorry, but that isn't entirely true. Some Scientists strongly believe in evolution and sikhi doesn't believe that we evolved from monkeys or whatever. I'm sure there are some other theories too, but this is the first one that comes to mind.

And, IMHO, I feel that although it may seem odd than an atheist has joined this site, we should welcome everyone here, not saying you or anyone else said differently though.

I was watching a talk on a muzzie channel by Dr Zakir Naik (india), the talk was about identity of faiths.

He brought up beards and said the biggest apperceation of the beard has to go to the Sikhs, and was saying how Sikhs are very proud of their identity.

He also said how Sikhs will take employers to court if anyone says anything and Muslims hide there identity I always thought it was the other way round.

Dr. Zakir Naik is a very well-versed scholar. I have not had the chance to listen to many of his speeches or read his writings, only few. His opinions on Sikhi are not totally something we would disagree with, although the little bit here and there what we call incorrect does exist.

All religions feel as if they are dying. The discoveries of science has left religion in the dark. Atheism is the new religion of todays world

too bad that everything in sikhi is 'science friendly'... nothing in sikhi goes against anythin in science..

Sorry, but that isn't entirely true. Some Scientists strongly believe in evolution and sikhi doesn't believe that we evolved from monkeys or whatever. I'm sure there are some other theories too, but this is the first one that comes to mind.

And, IMHO, I feel that although it may seem odd than an atheist has joined this site, we should welcome everyone here, not saying you or anyone else said differently though.

well, those are theories... i'm talkin bout scientifical facts...

and yes.. he's welcome here :lol:

Dr. Zakir Naik is a very well-versed scholar. I have not had the chance to listen to many of his speeches or read his writings, only few. His opinions on Sikhi are not totally something we would disagree with, although the little bit here and there what we call incorrect does exist.

Dr Niak is a student of comparative Religion, he knows many verses of all Scripture from every Religion. I often wonder how he rembers them all.

my favorite quote of his is "To understand a Religion look at the Scripture not the people of that faith"