PRESERVE Hand-Written Guru Granth at Harmandir Jee

harjinder

Please Don't Crush the meekest of Desires to E-Mail S.Jasbir Singh Jee : jas48@juno.com

Cyber Sadhsangat ji,

Please help me take action to preserve Hand written Guru Granth Sahib at Harimandar Sahib, Amritsar.

Responsible persons of authority and influence should contact SGPC president

at their own & all others may sign this letter

Start a petition on net work.

To

SGPC President,

Golden Temple

Amritsar, Pb.

India

Feb 12, 2003

Dear Khalsa Ji,

I was Shocked and Amazed to note that Hand written Guru Granth Sahib at Harimandar Sahib (upstairs) is not being carefully handled and preserved

as a rare relic. This Guru Granth has tape on many places and on several pages. And is being used for Akhand Path everyday.

This should be stopped effective immediately.

This is most authentic and most valuable document for our future generations. This should be only used for “Parkash & Sukhasan” ceremony very carefully and pages shall not be touched by bare hands.

I shall be obliged by sending chemical free cotton gloves to handle such objects to Harimandir Sahib. In museums similar authentic objects are handled by such hand gloves to preserve the paper for ever.

Sincerely,

Jasbir Singh 433 Maid Marion Lane Stone Mountain, GA 30087 USA

"This is the true joy in life. The being used for a purpose recognized by your self

as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." "I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole

community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can." "I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generation." ----- George Bernard Shaw.

Please Don't Crush the meekest of Desires to E-Mail S.Jasbir Singh Jee : jas48@juno.com

Please Don't Crush the meekest of Desires to E-Mail S.Jasbir Singh Jee : jas48@juno.com grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Thanx for your concern. . . .Looking forward to your actions !!

Harjinder Singh

Guest SikhForLife

United Sikhs (the girl was a british architect) did a great powerpoint at my gw (in NJ) a few months ago.. it showed (with pictures) of how these biirs are handeled and the damage hands cause and also the damage being ignored and being done to the Gw building itself and the gold plates.. maybe MS514 can get us a copy of the ppt.... (contact hardayal singh)

vjkk vjkf

Dear AK-47 Jee,

I apologize for addressing Angs of the Guru Granth Sahib as Pages :) .. Veerjee the Presrvation of the Guru Granth Sahib is an Indispensible need and should be done as quick as possible. It is one of the Oldest copies of Guru Granth Sahib Jee and it needs to be safeguarded and protected . . . . GURU IS THE BREATH OF MY BODY

GURU IS MY PRIDE AND GLORY

Harjinder grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...