The Murder Of Sana Ali

Maula Dha Mallang

Fateh and Salaam my friend...........

hey dont worry my knowledge on Islam is nil and what little i do know is probably very distorted blush.gif so maybe this can be a learning experience for us all :lol:

i think ive got some article that may be useful ill post em up as soon as i find them but i will however ask that u check on our Gurbani/Rehat and Inspirations Section where ul find some informative information also

:@

SRI GURU NANAK DEV JI

A Divine Light came upon this Earth to enlighten the suffering souls.

This Heavenly light came to be known as Guru Nanak. Sins had spread all around the world. People were surrounded by falsehood, superstition, ignorance and self-indulgence. Baba Nanak emerged as the Knowledge in Kaliyuga to show the right path of life. He declared that God is one and His name is the ultimate truth. Guru Nanak said that this Earth is a Dharamsaal (where one has come to fulfil his/her duties) in which one is trained to be a Puran Purush (a complete man). His first lesson to his pupils was:-

1. Remember God

2. Share with the needy

3. Earn your living by honest means

This divine light made its journey through Guru Nanak to Guru Angad, Guru Amar Das, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjan Dev, Guru Hargobind, Guru Har Rai, Guru Harkrishan, Guru Tegh Bahadur, Guru Gobind Singh, and stayed forever as Shabad Guru – Guru Granth Sahib.

edited to include some info :@

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Ji realised the Divine presence in all people and so valued every human being and practised universal brotherhood, he regarded all mankind as one family and as such all forms of discrimination were taboo.

His Standing in society was exemplified when he passed in to God’s Divine Court. The Hindus who consider him to be there Guru wanted Guru Ji’s body for cremation and the Muslims who considered him to be their Pir (Holy Guide) claimed the body for burial.

Guru Ji was known as:

Baba Nanak Sah fakir, Hindu Ka Guru, Musalman ka Pir

Guru Nanak, King of holy men, Guru of the Hindus and Pir of the Muslims

WOW thanks so much JustME, is it ok if i bounce questions off you? ive never had the chance before. i really really appreciate this

from the website i read this bit:

in Guru Ji’s young life which show he was a divinely enlightened soul, but it was in 1497 when Guru Ji received his Divine Call. He was bathing in the river Vayen nadi when he disappeared under water and failed to resurface. Local people became concerned when they noticed his clothes on the river bank, but he was nowhere to be seen. Most assumed that he had drowned. Bebe Nanaki the sister of Guru Nanak Dev Ji refused to believe the worst, she had recognised Guru Ji’s divinity.

is the sikh belief that Guru Ji was born, and specifically created by god for his purpose, i.e. was born a guru or rather he BECAME a guru after enlightenment? i didnt understand that bit too well. id like to know more about his youth as well, was he in posession of what muslims refer to as "ilm e ghayb", or knowledge of the unknown?

it is true we do see him as a "pir" and almost definately an "awliya" which is basically higher than a pir.

also, how did the divine light transmit down the chain of gurus? was it hereditary? how much time passed between the first gurus life and the revelation of the final, everlasting guru?

im just going to read the inspiration thread but please do answer asap, my head is buzzing with questions :lol:

My Friend I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability but I’m still a illiterate, sinner, and I’m sure fellow board members will highlight any errors or shortcomings so before I begin my humblest apologies for all my shortcomings blush.gif

is the sikh belief that Guru Ji was born, and specifically created by god for his purpose, i.e. was born a guru or rather he BECAME a guru after enlightenment? i didnt understand that bit too well. id like to know more about his youth as well, was he in posession of what muslims refer to as "ilm e ghayb", or knowledge of the unknown?

The way I understand it we are all born with a divine purpouse which ultimately leads us to Waheguru/Allah/God, but Guru Nanak came with a specific purpose.........to save mankind for Kaljug......i.e. the age of darkness..............everything that lead up his "enlightenment", the way I see it was in preparation for that and went through the same journey in human form as we all must.............he became Jeevan Mukht and that ultimately lead him Straight to God and God sent him back to carry out the Divine task he was sent for to spread the message of His Divine Name.

There’s a beautiful shabd in gurbani, which I tried to find but could not.......,

it talks about Man, Guru and Waheguru all being the same and there is no difference, but rare are those who understand this.....

maybe someone could help me out there so again apologies for not posting the Gurbani.....

also, how did the divine light transmit down the chain of gurus? was it hereditary? how much time passed between the first gurus life and the revelation of the final, everlasting guru?

it is strange because I was listening to "katha" last night that gave the answer to your question.........waheguru is amazing isnt he? :lol: ...................

this is what i felt the kath sed that i listened to, again apologies for any of my shortcomings blush.gif

When Our 2nd Guru, Guru Angad Dev Jee received the Gur Gaddi from Guru Nanak, Bahi Bala, (Guru Nanaks companion, for many many many years) asked Guru Angad Dev Jee: -

Bhai Bala: Guru Jee, How and why in such a short space of time, did Guru Nanak pass the Guru Gaddi on to you, whereas I have been his faithful and loyal companion for many many years?

Guru Angad Dev Jee replied: - "How do you perceive Guru Nanak Dev Jee, Bala?

Bhai Bala replied: - "i thought of him as a very high and divine mahapukh, (meaning a very divine, spiritually enlightened person)

to this Guru Je replied "and see? Guru Nanak made you a great mahapurkh as that is what you perceived him as" he continued "I saw, in Guru Nanak, Waheguru, and in Him saw myself and everything....Guru Nanak was everything and hence i ceased to exist.....hence Guru Nanak enshrined His divine spirit in my body"

the moral here is that each and every Guru, "died and immersed themselves in Guru's Divine Spirit and hence the Joth of Guru Nanak passed through the 10 Guru's and is enshrined in our Living guru, Guru Granth Sahib Jee.........

is the sikh belief that Guru Ji was born, and specifically created by god for his purpose, i.e. was born a guru or rather he BECAME a guru after enlightenment?

Fellow Malang brother, I believe Suunis and Shia differ in their belief about Hazrat Muhammad Sahib, which is that Sunnis believe he attained Prophethood at age 40, but Shias believe he was born a Prophet. Sikhs believe Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj is the jyot saroop (divine illumination) of Akaal Purakh (Formless Infinite Creator). His "birth" is referred to as Prakash Utsav, which means the day the divine light dawned on this earth. You need to realize that in Sikhi Guru is not a mere human being or teacher or guide, Guru is, as mentioned earlier, divine illumination of the Infinite Creator. The body perishes but the illumination stays, and this is the Guruship that was passed on from Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee to the other Guru Sahibaan after Him. Also, the Gurus afterwards are also referred to as "2nd Nanak", "5th Nanak" and so on. Click here for more details. We believe that Gurujee is with us even now, in the form of Gurbani.

how did the divine light transmit down the chain of gurus? was it hereditary? how much time passed between the first gurus life and the revelation of the final, everlasting guru?

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-gurus/sr...ev-ji-9.html#25

ASCENSION OF GURU NANAK: The Guru, knowing that his time to depart was approaching, had to appoint his successor. His sons had not obeyed him and so they did not prove themselves to be worthy of Guruship.

On September 2, 1539 (2 Asu, 1596 Asu vadi 5) Guru Nanak placed five Paise (Indian currency) before Bhai Lehna and bowed to him in token of his succession to the Guruship. He placed the umbrella of Spiritual Sovereignty over Bhai Lehna's head. Thus, he created another Nanak and called him GURU ANGAD DEV.

Jot uha jugat sai seih kaya feir paltiai. (Ramkali ki //- Rai Balwand, p-966)

'Divine Light is the same

The Way and Mode are the same

The Master has merely changed the body.' (Translation of the above)

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-gurus/gu...ngh-ji-9.html#1

It was now clear to him that the call of the Fatherfrom Heaven had come and he, therefore, gave his last and enduring message of his mission to the assembly of the Khalsa. He then opened the Granth Sahib, placed five paise and a coco-nut before it and solemnly bowed to it as his SUCCESSOR, GURU GRANTH SAHIB. Saying 'Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh', he circumambulated the sacred volume and proclaimed," O beloved Khalsa, let him who desireth to behold me, behold the Guru Granth. Obey the Granth Sahib. It is the visible body of the Gurus. And let him who desireth to meet me, diligently search its hymns." He then sang his self-composed hymn: "Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth

Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth

Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh

Jo Prabhu ko milbo chahe khoj shabad mein le

Raj karega Khalsa aqi rahei na koe

Khwar hoe sabh milange bache sharan jo hoe."

Translation of the above:

"Under orders of the Immortal Being, the Panth was created. All the Sikhs are enjoined to accept the

Granth as their Guru.

Consider the Guru Granth as embodiment of the Gurus. Those who want to meet God, can find Him

in its hymns. The Khalsa shall rule, and its opponents will be no more, Those separated will unite and

all the devotees shall be saved."

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/?p=answers&ans=5

Sikhs believe that Akaal Purakh himself sent his Guru form, Satguru Nanak to save the world. Satguru Nanak was no human.

ang 1406

thoo sathigur chuhu jugee aap aapae purumaesur

You are the True Guru, throughout the four ages; You Yourself are the Transcendent Lord.

sur nur saadhik sidh sikh saevunth dhureh dhur

The angelic beings, seekers, Siddhas and Sikhs have served You, since the very beginning of time.

aadh jugaadh anaadh kulaa dhaaree thrihu loah

You are primal, from the very beginning, and throughout the ages; Your Power supports the three worlds.

Satguru is one with God and there remains no difference between the two. He is like a drop of water in the ocean. There is only ONE GOD, and Satguru remains immersed in him and shows the path to the Sikh and helps on the spiritual journey.

It is false to say Sikhs believe in 10 gods. In fact, Sikhs only believe in One Satguru: Satguru Nanak. The body may have changed, but the light or jyot remained the same. When the Guru felt ready, he transferred the jyot from one body to the next. This is why Guru Nanak and all subsequent Gurus all used the name "Nanak" in their baaNee. Thus Sikhs don't really have "10 prophets". Sikhs have one Satguru, who had ten human forms and today resides in Satguru Granth Sahib.

Fellow Malang brother, reliable or unreliable are very subjective terms. What one person on this forum considers "authentic" may not be the same when you ask someone else. I tried to present what is usually/generally acceptable to most Sikhs.

(1) was guru nanak sent to earth for kaljug specifically, or was there any predecessor to guru nanak during troubled times throughout history?

http://www.searchsikhism.com/before.html

INDIA BEFORE SIRI GURU NANAK DEV JI

After its climax, Buddhism started degenerating in India. Statues of Buddha and Budhisattvas became very common and were installed in their temples. Buddhist monks preached lesson of non-violence and non-resistance which made the people non aggressive even in self defense.

"When Buddhism was driven out of India, the Hindu society set up their own gods and goddesses and began to worship their stone images. The Hindu priests who had been for centuries, the self-made custodians of religion and its teachings, had reduced the religion to a mockery performing rites and rituals and superstitious ceremonies devoid of any sense and meaning. "The Hindu leaders neglected to teach the spiritual realities to the people at large who were sunk in superstitions and materialism. Religion became confused with caste distinction and taboos about eating and drinking...," writes Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, a philosopher and former President of India.

The Hindu society was over-ridden with caste system. The religion became the privilege only of the upper class called the Brahmans. The sacred religious books were neither accessible to the other classes nor could the people understand them because they were written mostly in Sanskrit, a language not spoken by the masses. Religious reading, writing and teaching was strictly the monopoly of the Brahmans. The lowest of the lowest class was called the Untouchables. A touch or even a shadow of these untouchables seemed to pollute the higher classes.

Such was the condition of Hindu India when Muslim invaders from the west began pouring in large numbers one after the other. For the Muslim invaders, from Mahmood of Gazni in the eleventh century to the Moghuls in the sixteenth century (at the time of Guru Nanak), the Punjab was always the gateway of India. All these Muslim invaders massacred men, women and children without mercy, plundered their homes, desecrated and demolished their temples and robbed the wealth of these temples. The Hindus were converted to Islam at the point of the sword. Nobles, scholars, sufies, poets and philosophers who also came along with these invaders, settled in the various parts of India, and they laid the foundation of Indo-Muslim culture in the country.

Many Muslim historians have given account of the happenings of that time. A few examples of the treatment of Hindus by the Mohammadan conquerors of India, are given below:

Shahab-ul-Din, King of Gazni (1170-1206), put Prithwi Raj, King of Ajmer and Delhi, to death in cold blood. He massacred thousands of the inhabitants of Ajmer who opposed him, reserving the remainder for slavery (The Kamiu-t Tawarikh by Asir).

In the Taj-ul-Ma'asir by Hassn Nizam-i-Naishapuri, it is stated that when Qutb-ul-Din Aibak (1194-1210) conquered Meerat, he demolished all the Hindu temples of the city and erected mosques on their sites. In the city of Aligarh, he converted Hindu inhabitants to Islam by the sword and beheaded all those who adhered to their own religion.

Abdulia Wassaf writes in his Tazjiyat-ul-Amsar wa Tajriyat ul Asar that when Ala-ul-Din Khilji (1295-1316) captured the city of Kambayat at the head of the gulf of Cambay, he killed the adult male Hindu inhabitants for the glory of Islam, set flowing rivers of blood, sent the women of the country with all their gold, silver, and jewels, to his own home, and made about twentv thousand maidens his private slaves.

Ala-ul-Din once asked his Qazi', what was the Mohammadan law prescribed for the Hindus. The Qazi replied, "Hindus are like the mud; if silver is demanded from them, they must with the greatest humility offer gold. If a Mohammadan desire to spit into a Hindu's mouth, the Hindu should open it wide for the purpose. God created the Hindus to be slaves of the Mohammadans. The Prophet hath ordained that, if the Hindus do not accept Islam, they should be imprisoned, tortured, finally put to death, and their property confiscated."

Sayad Mohammad Latif writes in his history of the Punjab, "Great jealousy and hatred existed those days between the Hindus and Mohammadans and the whole non-Muslim population was subject to persecution by the Mohammadan rulers."

Bhai Gurdas, a Sikh scholar, writes, "My Lord, it is strange that the people of Kalyug (dark age or the age of falsehood) have developed the attitude of a dog and they take pleasure in swallowing ill-gotten things. The rulers commit sins and those who a herdsmen, are killing the sheep themselves. The people being ignorant are not in a position to discriminate between truth and falsehood. Those who pose as benefactors are engaged in amassir wealth by fraudulent means. Love between man and woman based on money, they meet at pleasure and depart at will. The Qazi who occupies the seat of justice, accepts bribes and then pass injustice orders.

Guru Nanak describes the situation as:

'Kings are butchers Cruelty their knife, and Sense of dut and responsibility have taken wings and vanished.'

(Slok Mohalla 1, p-145)

It has always been believed that whenever the righteousness vanishes from this world and the Falsehood takes its place there has been a call from the Heaven to restore peace and justice on earth. Out of the dark clouds of falsehood, hypocrisy, injustice cruelty and bigotry, there came a ray of sunshine from the Heaven as described by Bhai Gurdas, a Sikh apostle:

"Heaven at last heard the prayers of the people,

Guru Nanak was sent to the world.

The disciples met and drank the nectar of his Lotus feet,

And realized the Divine in this age of materialism.

Guru Nanak re-established Dharma,

All castes he merged into one caste of man.

The rich and the poor he brought on one level,

From this Founder of Humanity a new race of love goes forth; "'

In humility they bow down to each other.

The Master and the disciple became one,

His song of Nam gives us a new life,

He is the Saviour in this age of materialism.

Nanak came, the world was lighted,

The sun rose, the darkness disappeared.

Wherever the Guru put his foot,

It became the temple of worship.

The far-famed seats of the Sidhas changed their names,

The Yoga-houses became Guru-houses.

Humanity resounded with his divine hymns;

In every house of the disciple, the Lord was worshipped.

The Guru went in all directions,

Seeking his own all over the earth.

A river of love and peace Flows in us singing his song."

(Bhai Gurdas, // I-pauri 23,27)

Heaven at last heard the cries and prayers of the oppressed and there appeared the Savior of Humanity, Prophet of Peace, Fountain of Heavenly Love and Ocean of Virtue in the name of GURU NANAK, the founder of Sikh religion.

(2) are there sects within sikhism? i dont mean caste wise, but different paths within the belief? for example you know we have sunni, shia, sufi etc etc
Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj established the Khalsa by dissolving all manmade differences. You will find certain denominations within Sikhi who have differences in the way they do things and follow Sikhi. I try to avoid calling these as sects or sub-sects as it gives a taste of division within the community, and so I personally use the term "schools of thought", and ultimately they all owe allegiance to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj.