Family

Guest Confused_kaur

_comfused_kaur_ penji i was in same place as you sumtym back....

but i started off wearing a bandana incase i was jus in the 'phase' but then events took place which made me see this was no 'phase'..

now i wear a patka soon hoping to wear dastar...

now i am the only singhni in my family.....

parents do adjust to it but yupp it takes time,

like some people i spoke to about this used to say to me...

''if you have it to take that step as its a big step to take...take it & ur rents and family will come round eventually''

GO FOR IT SIS....

ALL THE BEST....

I was in the exact position as you a few years back penji, so I know how you feel lol and funny thing is MY thia is the only amritdhari in my family...

What I did was keep a strict rehit (without wearing a dastaar) and I showed my family that I wasnt just into the image of Sikhi but I did paath etc too. They soon realised that this was no 'phase' in my life...but, it IS my life. I decided to wear a dastaar one day listening to kirtan and tied a small keski on the spot.

My parents, I suppose, KNEW what was happening, so they slowly conformed to the idea. My dad pulled the marraige card out but you just counter it with... 'marraige is a long time away and there are more and more singhs nowadays etc.'

Do heartfelt Ardaas' and Guruji will surely help. Spend some time with your thia (as I have begun to do) and get him to persuade your parents- if worst comes to worst. OR if you REALLY have to...get pictures of Singhni's and put them around your room etc. so that your parents get more accustomed to the idea.

Hope that helped and it werent all just babble tongue.gif If need to ask Q's or need to talk just PM me <_<

bhull chukk maaf

peacemaker for once i like what you have put!!you should be this helpful more often(not insulting you). as for the topic no family likes change in someone maybe they get insecure or something. but theyll get used to it aslong as it makes you happy. yeah it could be hard at first but if you are confident, happy and brave theyll respect you for standing up for what you believe in.

futeh