On the Hub: To download

kam1825

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gurfateh, i know this mite sound stupid, but i downloaded dc++ and got onto gurseva hub, came up with bout 12 users online with X amount of files shared... how do i browse the files?? i tried to right click the name and get file list but nothing happened.. can somebody please help?!

also i typed in.. ftp://gurseva.no-ip.com and it asked for password and username? could i get onto the hub that way?!

please could any1 help?! pray.gifpray.gif

gurfateh

Don't worry 'Taran' Ji, I know what you're going through, except :wub:: , I can't get it to work at all....

It would be great if Kam1825 could write a 'step-by-step' guide on how to access the hub and exactly what to do, so that stupid people like myself could also use it... :D @

PLEASE... blush.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------

First Time here ? then read the following

--------------------------------------------------------------

How do I search this hub or Where do I find that 'file' from this enormous collection of kirtan media ?

1. Click on the blue lens above and that will take you to the search page

2. Type /search text_to_search in the chat window

3. Ctrl + S (Press Ctrl and S together)

How to download a file? :

1. Right click on the file and hit 'download' or 'download to'

Other :

1. What do those Icons next to nicks mean?

green = normal Icon

blue = DC++ user (identified on 1st direct connection to this user)

with bricks = User is in passive mode

with key = User is an Operator

2. Why can't I download? or Why can't I connect to that user?

2.1 Change your mode to active/passive from the file-settings menu

2.2 Goto start->settings->network connections->Right click on your connection, and then click properties

Check off the internet connection firewall in the internet connection sharing tab

2.3 Still not working ? Ask in main

Useful Commands :

1. Random Quote

Send a private message to 'scripts', with the word 'quote' . This will get a random quote from a random page , line of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee

or simply type /pm scripts quote

2. Today's Hukamnama

Same as above, type /pm scripts hukamnama

Once you have downloaded the file, by double-clicking – follow the instructions and install DC++. This program will be installed in your c:\ in the folder program files. Once you open the DC++ folder click on the DCPlusPlus icon. This should open the program. The first thing you have to do is to set your nickname, email address and type of connection. You then have to set your connection settings to either Passive, Active, or SOCKS5 select the option, ‘Passive’. After doing this you need to specify which files you want to share. Remember that collectively they must exceed 20 mb. To do this click on the tab option, Sharing and click on the botton, ‘Add folder’. Add which files you want to and then click, ‘OK’. When you have finished doing this close this menu and click on the blue screen button on the top left hand corner of the screen. A list of public hubs will appear. In the textbox, ‘Manual connect address’ type in, ‘Gursevahub.com’ and click on the, ‘connect’ button. A list should appear of all the users currently sharing files. To view a users file click on right click on their name and select the option, ‘Get file list’. In the resulting window details of all the files they are sharing will appear. You can now view all their files in their folders in the same was as you do in windows explorer. To download a particular file right click on it and select the option, ‘download’.

Hope this helps