Read This...amazing Hw They Write Sikh

fists_of_fury

^^^ do you think it comes back to the sangat you keep then...Even if the family could do nothing about it, do you think the right sangat might've helped her avoid this whole mess???!!!

I think it is related to the way in which we (fail mostly) to impart a solid moral thinking framework in the heads of youth. Obviously the girl was academically intelligent but look at the imbalance in he personality!! Although this is an extreme case the truth is we all know this sort of second life TOTAL disregard for your own community is not uncommon amongst many kurian (not all - incase Kaurageous start jumping around!).

I'm beginning to ask if we are a loveless cold community as so many s**gs seem to run of for essentially what they consider to be "love". They say girls are evolutionarily programmed to seek what they consider best mating partners.....are Singhs doing something wrong that so many kurian would rather elope off with some sleazy paki? You don't have to have hardcore strict Amritdhari sangat to know being with a married man is stupid.

Oh well, at least we have some poetic justice now....but the loss of that innocent girl and her baby is just disgusting......what sort of sick kooti is this???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's become a miserable and soul destroying cliche/stereotype, how UK Sikh (..and Hindu) girls run off with sullah. I honestly think that some of these girls view the whole thing as some warped rites of passage.

I don't buy the idea that somehow women are the most culpable because they uphold the decency of the community, to view the situation in such a way would be unbalanced and verging on the misogynistic.

I think we must example Punjabi culture which, for better or for worse, IS eponymous with Sikh culture. Punjabi culture is one which is hard drinking, hard working and has given us the phenomenon of the Bhangra gig where everyone (girls and boys) gets lashed and leery. I would suggest most of the current incidents of sullah predatory occur here.

I think everyone should be realistic and face the uncomfortable fact that most UK Sikhs are Punjabi first and sikhs (with a small 's') second. Whereas your average unthinking brainwashed sullah is muslim first and ____ second.

In order to prevent this happening again, we must reform, adapt and appropriate Punjabi culture to meet the needs of Sikhs not the other way around.

I think we must example Punjabi culture which, for better or for worse, IS eponymous with Sikh culture. Punjabi culture is one which is hard drinking, hard working and has given us the phenomenon of the Bhangra gig where everyone (girls and boys) gets lashed and leery. I would suggest most of the current incidents of sullah predatory occur here.

Also see it another way. Compared to many other "Eastern" people Sikhs girls are pretty free. Most Muslim girls I know would never be allowed the freedom your average Sikh is. So this notion that we are oppressive to girls is complete nonsense in relation to what females in other communities DO put up with. Maybe we are raising too many spoilt "princesses"

I think everyone should be realistic and face the uncomfortable fact that most UK Sikhs are Punjabi first and sikhs (with a small 's') second. Whereas your average unthinking brainwashed sullah is muslim first and ____ second.

Even if this is true that is not an excuse for this type of behaviour. I have met very Punjabi girls from Sikh backgrounds who are not at all religious but they darn well know enough not to be running around with married guys let alone a tonda one! Plus we have face the reality that the vast majority of our people will be more Punjabi than SIkh right now but I think you understand this by reading the statement below.

In order to prevent this happening again, we must reform, adapt and appropriate Punjabi culture to meet the needs of Sikhs not the other way around.

Here here!! How do we do this?

Know one wishes to teach the ethics, the values of Sikhi, because their is no preaching in a language that the youth can understand this is bound to happen,

The people who run Gurdwara dont want the sangat to know the turth about Sikhi cos is the the sangant found out Gurdwara commities would never make any money - FACT

Know one wishes to teach the ethics, the values of Sikhi, because their is no preaching in a language that the youth can understand this is bound to happen,

The people who run Gurdwara dont want the sangat to know the turth about Sikhi cos is the the sangant found out Gurdwara commities would never make any money - FACT

I will put my neck on the line and say even BEFORE teaching any ideological aspects of Sikhism to these girls/guys we need to impart an understanding that secret lives and sh*gging around is plain WRONG! Push family values. I know these are a part of Sikhi but we need to emphasise the common sense aspects of these more than religious as these kootian/bunders switch off as soon as they think that a religious message is being imparted.

I will put my neck on the line and say even BEFORE teaching any ideological aspects of Sikhism to these girls/guys we need to impart an understanding that secret lives and sh*gging around is plain WRONG! Push family values. I know these are a part of Sikhi but we need to emphasise the common sense aspects of these more than religious as these kootian/bunders switch off as soon as they think that a religious message is being imparted.

By the way I know this is hard when everything they absorb through media is telling them "sh4g around, have fun...don't worry life is all about enjoying yourself"

We need to seriously differentiate ourselves from goray who believe, practice and push this philosophy.

It’s a classic case of the love triangle, what the media have done (not surprisingly) is turn this story into a religious Sikh/Muslim one. The real and only victim is the poor girl and her unborn child and there families. I think the whole forum knows my views towards the Muslims, due to a previous incident here, so I wont elaborate there. But as some other posters have pointed out these girls are just dumb. They think its “hardcore” to have a Muslim boyfriend because they are been disobedient and its cool. There parents wont like it etc etc. Go to Soho road any weekend and you see them all going to the kebab shop after they have been clubbing. Cos they are “independent” and they can. I have no sympathy for her or her family, she sure wont be getting £160 night in a 4 star hotel treatment where she has gone. If she ever survives the ordeal she may return a wiser woman albeit an older one with a lost youth.