God Controls All

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

Fateh,

From All I Have learned from sikhi, it says god controls all, which i agree with....but a couple of days ago my sister brought up the point that all sikhs that drink, smoke, cut kesh are being controlled by god and she asked me to explain that to her....and i had NO IDEA wat to say?? Help grin.gif

reference from Bani would be great

Fateh

Well, God even controls them. God has written from the beginning of time, who will move closer to him and move further away:

karam sukaram karaaeae aapae eis ja(n)thai vas kishh naahi ||

God Himself is the Cause of causes, good and bad-no one has control over these things.

&

kirath kamaavan subh asubh keenae thin prabh aap ||

God Himself causes one to perform good and bad actions.

People think that they're free, so they indulge in Maya and sin, but what they don't know is that they are creating a major bondage for themselves. Those who worship God and meditate on him are freeing themselves slowly. When we become one with God, the destiny written ones forehead, as said in Gurbani, leads us to this stage, liberating us and turning us into an immortal, God himself. By doing the opposite, which God himself has decided for us in the beginning of time we cage ourselves.

gur thae mehal paraapathae jis likhiaa hovai mathh ||1||

One who has such destiny written on his forehead enters the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, through the Guru. ||1||

Again, GOD IS THE PUPPETEER AND WE ARE THE PUPPETS, BUT WE STILL PROUDLY THINK WE DO EVERYTHING.

jaisaa bhaekh karaavai baajeegar ouhu thaiso hee saaj aanai ||3||

As the Puppeteer dresses the puppet, so is the role the puppet plays. ||3||

That is the secret, to destroy that 'I' that EGO, so that we move closer to God. From my limited knowledge, that is why GOD DOES THIS. Once, we realise this we easily become Gurmukhs, as we become humble knowing that God does everything, and we do nothing. EVERYTHING GOD DOES IS FOR OUR OWN GOOD. For example, someone japs a lot of naam and does not watch TV/movies (MAYA), but proudly shows this, as if he/she is doing it, and this someone also puts others down. Therefore, God weakens the person and makes them watch TV/movies, decreasing their spirituality, hence they become humble seeing themselves be at the same level as others, or of the people they put down.

Now, I in one of my lives could have been drinking, murdering etc, but look at me now I'm a Sikh, not saying I'm a saint. God does what he pleases. Even if it does not please us, this is the uniquesness and greatness of God. Its for our good. God is always helping us.

Hope that helped.

Fateh,

From All I Have learned from sikhi, it says god controls all, which i agree with....but a couple of days ago my sister brought up the point that all sikhs that drink, smoke, cut kesh are being controlled by god and she asked me to explain that to her....and i had NO IDEA wat to say?? Help grin.gif

reference from Bani would be great

Fateh

Waheguru does control all but has given us understanding (i.e Gurbani) so that we can attain salvation. Our Karma (actions/deeds) also play a part in this. But Gurbani has the power to remove Maya.

yea God controls all.

but there is such things as our lakha jokha. this is what we have to pay and get through before we can find the right path of life.

we have karams that we have done in the past that can either take us away from sikhi, or bring us towards it.

some have good karams and some people have bad.

some have to get through their bad karams first, before they see the good ones, and some see the good ones first, only to see their bad ones later.

its all game of life. our lakha jokha is not in our hands, but we have power to change our bad karams.

and that power is givin to us by guru maharaj through bani.

reading bani is like cleaning your body of the wrong you have done, in past, and also protects you from future bad karams.

the more bani we read, the more kirpa guru ji does. but first we have to understand him with faith. first we have to remember him, and he will support us in everything we do in life.

but there has to be connection with faith.

we cant just be like "oh iam gonna do some paath for about 2 months, and lets see if guru ji gives me that ferrari". No, iam afraid its not a deal type of thing. you have to remember him all the time, and he will give you power to do anything in life.

but it is true, the more you give, the more you get. always stay true to yourself, and people will stay true with you.

reading bani can be looked at like this: the more sugar you add to the jug, the sweeter it gets.

there is no such thing as too much bani.

dont let the distractions of this kaljug world take you away from bani.

some people say, oh where do i start? or i dont know any bani!!

if you atleast know jap ji sahib, you got the world in your hands.

but 1 or 2 jap ji sahibs a day is not going to get the job done.

even if all you know is satnaam waheguru, you still never gonna fail in life, but you have to always have it in your mind.

• 1 month later...

God is in control, but it is your choice.

if god forced us we didn't drunk.

God doesnot force.

It is like this:

If God gives you the hukam to walk. It's now your choice you pick up your right or left foot. (Sant Maskeen Ji said)

If god made us to do what he says, we are like robots.

But he gives the hukam, and we are the one to follow the order. Every choice that you make has a answer. Only you dont know the answer will be right or wrong for you. Thats why we need a teacher.

Bul chuk maaf

WkWf

p.s. Old post, but wanted to make it clear.