Am I Commiting Paap

Seva

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

very good topic.... according to the sojhi that guru ji has blessed me with, i think its not a paap.

we cover our head as to show our respect to our guru ji. hindu or chirsten dont cover their hair while remembring ram, shiv or jesus. that does not mean that their ardas is not listened by the great god.

a bride always covers her head as long as her husband is alive. on this earth, we are as a bride to our husband saroop guru ji. why do we keep our head un-covered when our husband is free of death.

coming back to your question, as a matter of respect, try to cover your head while there is bani going on around you.... if you cant, ask for forgivness...!!!

bhul chuk maaf

very good topic.... according to the sojhi that guru ji has blessed me with, i think its not a paap.

we cover our head as to show our respect to our guru ji. hindu or chirsten dont cover their hair while remembring ram, shiv or jesus. that does not mean that their ardas is not listened by the great god.

a bride always covers her head as long as her husband is alive. on this earth, we are as a bride to our husband saroop guru ji. why do we keep our head un-covered when our husband is free of death.

coming back to your question, as a matter of respect, try to cover your head while there is bani going on around you.... if you cant, ask for forgivness...!!!

bhul chuk maaf

thank you..

^^Jaya Bachan(in the movie Sholay) always kept her head covered even though she was a widow.

its because the director asked her to keep it cover.... you know why, because the holi was near and she was gonna get her hair colored and wet..... :)

also, she wore a white sari, and it does not look good that someone look pure white from bottom to upto neck and then there is black hair..... looks odd hanna, hence she was wrapped up in white sari from top to bottom. tongue.gif

Seva bai its good to cover your head while listening to or reciting bani. I really don't see a big problem in your case. You can always use a keski/patka to cover your head.

In case of Harpreet bibi she can use patka or tie her chunni (jus like a keski) while making parshaade.

Seva bai its good to cover your head while listening to or reciting bani. I really don't see a big problem in your case. You can always use a keski/patka to cover your head.

In case of Harpreet bibi she can use patka or tie her chunni (jus like a keski) while making parshaade.

i totally agree, i do normally, its just i never sat down and thought about the times when im not intentionally listening to gurbani but its on in the background and i dont have my hair covered for whatever reason. if im doing my nitnem or reciting bani, kirtan etc i would always cover my head, that goes without saying.

i sometimes jap naam while showering and while combing my hair, it helps take my mind off other things and its become a habit and i cant stop. would this also be wrong?

Listen I think this topic is getting silly and petty, my mum covers her hair with any cloth as long as its covered, and yet many people including sants have blessed her, they dont mind at all, and she has spiritual power, and she always recits gurbani around the clock and personally feel like many others who know her, she isnt doing anything wrong.

So let this petty talk out and start doing whats real Naam Simran.