Mac Os X Leopard!

Techno_singh

http://www.apple.com/macosx/guidedtour/medium.html

its amazinggggg! forget vista or anythign thats all been demolished by leopard! watch that link to see why im so excited about leopard!

i well want it now, someone buy me a mac!!!!!

anyone have leopard?

To be honest I still prefer Windows Vista Ultimate edition... Mac is only good for video/audio editing... everything else Microsoft rules. And most of the stuff you can do on a mac you can mostly do on Vista Ultimate anyway... eventually both OS's will be very similar in the future.

Most decent hi spec windows based machines can do extremely good audio/video editing now anyway, as hardware components are so much faster now.

Check this link for something very interesting :s Microsoft Concept PC

Wrong Wrong Wrong

With MAC its the package...Leopard is great....but the MACBOOKS have the little tweaks that make it work...e.g. close the lid on a macbook and it sleeps within 2 seconds...close the lid on a vista laptop and wait 1 minute before it sleeps.

WHen you resume...it just wake up with no wait time...with vista you have to wait ages.

not only that, you get Leopard, which doesnt have the whistles of Vista...but it's a mightly fine peice of kit...I was a harcore vista person until I bought a MAC..they simply rule!!

And to make it all the better..you can dual boot or even run virtual machines with vista and xp within leopard and then run at native speed.

Simple put, after spending 10 years owning various laptops, the switch to MAC was the best thing I did.

I can run ALL my windows software within MAC and also get the bonus of all the tweaks and funtionality of MAC.

SImply put Vista is all visual and no backbone...I mean look at Vista SP1 and XP SP3...SP3 for XP will give a 30% performance boost compared to Vista's SP1...and Vista has a terrible file transfer system that even MS says is rubbish...i.e. it takes 20 times longer to copy files across drives etc...

Vista was relased too early...way too early and have so many driver incompatabilies...its mad...far better to stick with XP if you have a PC rather then Vista..unless you have a quad core home pc like me...ahh the joys of playing Crysis full screen at high res!!!!

Wrong Wrong Wrong

With MAC its the package...Leopard is great....but the MACBOOKS have the little tweaks that make it work...e.g. close the lid on a macbook and it sleeps within 2 seconds...close the lid on a vista laptop and wait 1 minute before it sleeps.

WHen you resume...it just wake up with no wait time...with vista you have to wait ages.

not only that, you get Leopard, which doesnt have the whistles of Vista...but it's a mightly fine peice of kit...I was a harcore vista person until I bought a MAC..they simply rule!!

And to make it all the better..you can dual boot or even run virtual machines with vista and xp within leopard and then run at native speed.

Simple put, after spending 10 years owning various laptops, the switch to MAC was the best thing I did.

I can run ALL my windows software within MAC and also get the bonus of all the tweaks and funtionality of MAC.

SImply put Vista is all visual and no backbone...I mean look at Vista SP1 and XP SP3...SP3 for XP will give a 30% performance boost compared to Vista's SP1...and Vista has a terrible file transfer system that even MS says is rubbish...i.e. it takes 20 times longer to copy files across drives etc...

Vista was relased too early...way too early and have so many driver incompatabilies...its mad...far better to stick with XP if you have a PC rather then Vista..unless you have a quad core home pc like me...ahh the joys of playing Crysis full screen at high res!!!!

call of duty 4 with quadcore 4gb ram 512*2 ati x1950 LOL, full res, full AA, full everything

Wrong Wrong Wrong

Erm when i shut vista lid the laptop sleeps instantly and on openeing it launches pretty much straight away... maybe its cos I have a VERY GOOD spec machine :s I have a quad core PC too running vista hence why I reckon I don't notice any delay problems! Intel Core 2 QUad 3.00 Extreme! 4GB RAM 2 x 768MB 8800 Ultra! oh did i forget to mention the 150GB Raptop HDD (10,000 rpm!) maybe thats why the OS runs so smoothly lol!

Thats probably it, but many normal folk are gona have suck a kick <admin-profanity filter activated> rig!!!

ha!!!

Nah, really, vista is good too...it's installed on my home PC but my MACBOOK just rocks for when I do my work and simulations on it.....if you haven't tried it you should at least give it a try and see what you think.

Also, think about LInux as well....Linux distros are pretty good nowadays and best of all it's free!!!

some good spec pc's there, and yes the core procesores now have made performance of computer much much better now, because you dont really get the 'not responding' problems or taking ages to load etc... but still i really like how leopard works and all the features they have added to it , pretty good! i will check videos of vista ultimate as i havent seen it yet

i have OSX leopard, its truly amazing.. simple and amazing... almost like "it does exactly what it says on the tin"... no error messages no nothing lol

the best features in my eyes are;

1. time machine - automatic backing up...

2. quick look - the power to view your documents without opening them... simply click space

oh and Techno_singh; you've finery come to your senses!... get a imac may be a little pricy.;

1. its worth the money

2. it will last you a life time