Powerful Picture

Azaad

Hmmm 250,000 sikhs dead and you think its a crazy idea that a cop would slap a singh?

hmmm ...

yea because they used guns to kill those sikhs. you ever seen anybody attack a nihang singh, besides other nihangs? have u ever seen a nihang singh fight?

that nihang singh in the picture looks like the could open up a can of whoopass on that cop.

its different when their in jail, where the singhs hands are tied behind their backs and they cant defend themselves.

you show me a cop whos gots the guts to slap a nihang singh public, and i'll give you million dollars.

ak-47, I am not saying the nihung is asking for directions or that the police oifficer is kindly asking him to join him at his house for dinner, it is clearly confrontational and hostile but he could be being impolite and saying go away or some other rude gesture ("get out my way" )

But you cannot say clealry from the pic that the cop has just/is about to/threatening to slap the Nihung Singh

bakaree your probably right, maybe i just dont like the punjab police and its clouding my judgement!! :s

babbar bro, i do appreciate what your saying and to some degree i agree. problem is that every case is different. From my own experience i have seen the police fools bad mouthing the singhs to the extent of maa peenh dia gala. Some wont have the bottle obviously, but others who are connected to the right people, have the right firepower and who have a distinct dislike for khalsa singhs, will throw their weight around.

dont forget a lot of these cops although wear dastars, are not actually sikhs of guru gobind singh ji. they come from all sorts including narkhdharis, radhoswamis, and the new aushothosh etc etc. these guys thinks singhs are waste of space and have no respect for them. this is why i said its good that the singh was giving the akhar back to that copper.

the cops know that many of the singhs have little money or political power behind them (unless ur obviously connected to someone - which the majority of the singhs are not) and because of this the balance in respect is skewed. respect in punjab is all based on politics and money these days. :D

ur right that iv perosnally never seen a cop slap a nihang singh (or any other singh connected with a jatha) but iv seen cops slap other people (which is just as disrespectful and makes your blood boil just as much).

but cops have been beating singhs for no reasons in recent years as well. look at the lathi charges during the protests when some people cut some students hair a year or 2 ago? cops in punjab are notoiriously heavy handed and have a terrible reputation even in india.

in recent years theres been protests by women across punjab for various issues and the cops have slapped the women up as well, pictures are around on the internet. theres also countless images of singhs getting beaten by cops having their dastars knocked off etc. it doesnt matter if its a nihang singh or not, it happens, and that a fact.

without sounding harsh, I wish im never ever able to show you a cop who slaps a singh and then you could keep your money. fact is that it does sometimes happen.

as for being warriors, again unfortunetly the nihangs lost a lot of their reputation as warriors during the freedom movement as many of them didnt get involved or try to help. this is again the grass roots belief in punjab. whether they are or not is a different issue. but yeh if a singh did get slapped i would expect him to fight back as best he could at least. but if its a gareeb sikh, then walking away is sometimes the only option he has, if he fights back and gets arrested, then who is going to feed his family?

moving aside from the picture which i agree could be interpretated in a number of ways, it was brilliant seeing the cops being made inactive in the recent protests by the singhs in punjab. seeing them shouting for freedom and shouting sant jis name etc through the streets of punjabs cities and having the cops just stand there like dummies was great!

a truely wiked picture would be to see the cops hands folder doing satkar to the singhs as they walked past. in most cases though, this wont happen. but one day hey ... one day :D

lol, cops were practically doing just that when ever they saw sant ji back in dharam yudh times.

lol, i heard so many stories of police with nakea's set up, and when they found out that it was sant ji's van or a jatha's car or something, they just moved aside. lol.

the way the punjab police acts is more a reason for singhs to get back into keeping nice and shiny guns.....

the reason cops would never even think about slapping a nihang singh is becasue most wear huge chandi's. and everybody knows, nihang with naked chandi....oh man! you better run fo some cover!!!

shastrs are very important to our guru, and should be just as important to guru ka sikh.....

"singho, hathiyaar atey round rakho navaan tey vadiya, jerrea mokhtey mis na houn"

lol, gotta love sant ji...