question 4 amritdharis

DhadiMania

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i asked a guy frm ma school the same question, well he got kesh, so i asked u gonna take amrit, he sed thinkin (i say gogogogogo!), now i asked him if he kept rehat, like all sikhs hu r amritdhari shud (m sehajdhari, yes a moona, i no shockin innit, a kid of 14 like me shud b drinkin, havin drugs n smokin innit, but suppose maharaj saved me big time frm that). nyways i asked the guy if he recited all 5 banis, he sed he did. n i woz like ^_^ , so i sed how long does it take 4 him 2 say all this. he sed an hour, 4 5 banis, i think thats short, jaapji takes 15 mins. so now m :T: (dat me strokin ma beard :) )

how long does it take amritdhari ppl here 2 do the full 5 banis, my friend sed it woz 6am wen he wakes up, n goes scool 8am. so wot bout u guys?????

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yes Jee - 45mins is about right. Japji Shib takes abt 10mins, Jaap Sahib 15mins (once u can say it properly!) and then 25mins for Chaupee Sahib, Tv prsaad Swayaai and Anand Sahib.

Mind you I only do the chaupee sahib as per SGPC maryada :) - if u do the full bani, it mite take a bit longer! rolleyes.gif

But its not about how fast can we do the banis, it's about how much pyaar we have when doing them. There's not alot of point if there's no understanding!

Bhul Cook Maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

some people can understand paat, and say it with pyaar, and stil do it fast. Theres a taksali singh who can do all of sukhmani sahib in i think 13 min. Sant kartar singh je did it in 11 min. i think. Sant Jarnail Singh je khalsa Bhindranwale did japji sahib FAAAAAST. Thats how he did 115 jap ji sahib paats, sukhmani sahib, asa di vaar, and his nitnem every morning. If one guy would finish mool mantar, sant je would be done the entire japji sahib paat. ^_^ B)

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

One singh was doing katha in english to us once, and he wastelling us how time didnt exist for vaheguru and for his saints. In the sense that even if the bani is being repeated with their mouths at 50mph in their minds each and every akhar is tasted and comprehended!!

He told us of a singh at Taksal who does a Sehejh Path every TWO days!!!! Bhai sahib said that when the singh speaks you can barely hear his voice as he has being doing this path from years and years and his voice is almost gone! but if you listen carefully, despite reading the bani at speed it is still done shudh and each akhar is pronuciated correctly!

Some singh asked him why do you need to read sehaj path so many times? he said i read it over and over just in case i miss something, i dont ever want to miss anything that my Guru says!

When i heard that it blew my mind!!

khalistani Posted on Feb 27 2004, 03:23 PM

Theres a taksali singh who can do all of sukhmani sahib in i think 13 min. Sant kartar singh je did it in 11 min. i think. Sant Jarnail Singh je khalsa Bhindranwale did japji sahib FAAAAAST. Thats how he did 115 jap ji sahib paats, sukhmani sahib, asa di vaar, and his nitnem every morning. If one guy would finish mool mantar, sant je would be done the entire japji sahib paat.
ok i m not gonna doubt it or argue bout it coz yes sant jee was a brahmgyani...and also i know u wont agree to anything i say, therefore its pointless to argue...no i m not questioning or doubting...i m juz WONDERING...coz sant jee did other banis as well...and u say 115 in the morning, not 115 in 1 day right?...i dont wanna get into calculations as to how much time it takes if u go fast n stuff...maybe i will take me another 1000 lives to reach 10% of sant jee's level...i m juz WONDERING that sant jee did so much parchaar and katha and lectures...and so where is the time left out of 24 hours... :T:

no...i m not doubting any1...sant jee was/is a pooran brahmgyani ^_^

='http://forums.waheguroo.com/html/emoticons/worthy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='worthy.gif'> ...i m juz WONDERING...

Guest balwinderkaur

takes me on average 45 minutes to do morning punj baniyan.....when i first started out it took 2 hours cuz i always used to get stuck on jaap sahib with the tongue twisting it employs.... but you'll get used to it in time.

Well see I'm going to be labeled and be called a lot of things for this :) but here it goes.

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji, where known for doing 125 Jap Ji Sahib Pahts a day even during the morcha.
That was Shinda veerji's post from made-up sakhi discussion. He seems sure that sant ji did 125 paaths.

Now this is the recent post by Khalistani veer ji

Thats how he did 115 jap ji sahib paats, sukhmani sahib, asa di vaar, and his nitnem every morning. If one guy would finish mool mantar, sant je would be done the entire japji sahib paat.

So I have asked this before? Why do people insist on making up stories about Baba Jarnail Singh ji. What is it 25 paaths, 125, 115 + sukhmani sahib asa divar, i mean pick something already. :T: I have personally heard some really radiculous stories but i won't post them here.

It is a ru

le in gurmat to not do nindiya of someone but it is just as bad to make up stories about Singhs and do their praise. :@

Worst still is if you do it to simply win an argument.

Baba ji was a great great person and a panthic shaheed...isn't that enough...then why do people insist on making up stories about him?

... he wastelling us how time didnt exist for vaheguru and for his saints. In the sense that even if the bani is being repeated with their mouths at 50mph in their minds each and every akhar is tasted and comprehended....

He told us of a singh at Taksal who does a Sehejh Path every TWO days!!!! Bhai sahib said that when the singh speaks you can barely hear his voice as he has being doing this path from years and years and his voice is almost gone! but if you listen carefully, despite reading the bani at speed it is still done shudh and each akhar is pronuciated correctly!

I would like to meet this Singh. Please if you know who this is I would like to get his darshan. Perhaps you know the name of the katha vachak who said this.

If nothing else since the katha vachak knows about this Singh then i'm sure other Taksali's singhs know about him as well. Please find out for me where he lives and who he is?

Thankx,

CFD