Bairag - Emotion Or State?

AK-47

Was reading this topic and thought the shabad was amazing:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=33985

A question arose in my mind and its come up a number of times, what is that makes us feel bairag?

For most of us the thing(s) that make us feel this way are different, and perhaps what we feel is also different.

Just thought it would be nice to have a topic on what is bairag, what makes u feel bairag, and any shabads that people like that are to do with bairag.

Another question, is bairag an emotion or a state of mind? Is it something you just feel or a spiritual plane or level that you can get to? As you often hear the phrase, 'he is a bairagi'.

Personally one thing which always makes me feel bairagh or at least something similar to this is the thought of mata gujri ji tying the dastaars on the younger sahibzade and saying fateh to them for the last time. The smiles on their faces and the determination within them and equally the pride and acceptance of vaheguru will on the face of mata gujri ji.

That thought always gets me thinking about what kind of son of the guru im being.

Another question, is bairag an emotion or a state of mind? Is it something you just feel or a spiritual plane or level that you can get to? As you often hear the phrase, 'he is a bairagi'.

emotions change frequently

if ur truly feeling bairaag then wouldnt it be a state

because it doesnt just come and go

i suppose you could have bairaag for wordly things which would be an emotion

and then bairaag for waheguru through gurbani, which could be a state.

ive never felt bairaag, im just guessing so feel free to correct me

anyone else??

Neither...

It's sometimes a sweet and sometimes a painful wait...Wait to even see a slight sight of his feet so I can spend this lifetime in the ecstasy of them...A yearning to be his slave and to even have a little bit of space on his feet...A readiness to give my life off to anyone who takes me to his feet...A thirst for his love, that no one can fulfill no matter what...A helplessness that is kills you every moment and yet you are living...A wish to kill the mind somehow really really fast so I can see him...A wait that makes you cry out of nowhere and sometimes your laughing and you don't know why...You talk to him all the time and the world thinks you're crazy haha...I can't describe it...I want to write so much but I can't describe it...

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

bairag is inside all of our souls because we are all dry without God. Those who have bairag in the minds and bodies as well as souls feel a beautiful bairrag. It is more thna a state it is like a condition which changes the way one looks at life. It never dies. It is always new. God feels ur bairag and fullfills the longing. he comes and meets us and then we merge with the light. Our hearts become soft and we see only love in all. We start to believe that we can do anything when God is with us. Our faith becomes paka because now we expirience God ourselves and our doubts vanish . God leaves us satisfied as well as exited n wanting more. Bairag is never tires or worn ut it is always exiting n new. Noone can describe its beauty.

Guru Rakha ji

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh