Sodar Rehraas Sahib

I personally love and recite the Taksali version of Sodar Rehras Sahib. However, I have come across the fact that the tuks like "Ram katha jug jug atal", and "Bishan bhagat ki eh phal hoi, aadh byaadh shwai sakai na koi" are questioned. Could someone please elaborate on these tuks, and maybe some more from Dasam Bani that are a part of Sodar Rehras Sahib. All I need is a proper understanding of these tuks from Dasam Bani. I am NOT saying here that one version of Rehraas is "smaller" or "longer", just want to learn about these tuks more.

Thanks

Bhai Sahib jee please read article below:

http://sikhism101.com/node/203

Quote from article on Sikhism101.com, written by G S Lamba:

Ram katha jug jug atal. Guru Gobind Singh ji, while concluding his version of Ramavtar, said, "the story of Rama exists from time immemorial and will remain so."

The divide of North and South over the status of Rama and Ravana is all too visible. Whereas in the North Rama is revered, the same status is not conferred on him in the South. Though Guru Gobind Singh ji in his 'Ramavtar' has critically analysed at length the epic of Rama and Ravana, but he has also given a very interesting note at the end about the spiritual status of Rama and Ravana

ਸਾਧ ਅਸਾਧ ਜਾਨੋ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਦ ਸੁਬਾਦ ਬਿਬਾਦਿ ॥

ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਕਲ ਪੂਰਣ ਕੀਯੋ ਭਗਵਤ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥੮੬੨॥

"It is difficult to decide who was a saint and who was not; it is a contentious issue. My job was to complete this epic with the grace of God – which I have done."

(ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਰਾਮਾਵਤਾਰ)

The Ramavtar ends with the cantos which forms a part of the daily prayer of the Sikhs and declare unequivocally that after I have come to the feet of the Lord I will not even look to any one else. Rama, Rahim, Puranas, Quran all give different versions of God, but I shall heed none.

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥

ਪਾਂਇ ਗਹੇ ਜਬ ਤੇ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਕੋਊ ਆਂਖ ਤਰੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਨਯੋ ॥

ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਅਨੇਕ ਕਹੈਂ ਮਤ ਏਕ ਨ ਮਾਨਯੋ ॥

ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬੇਦ ਸਭੈ ਬਹੁ ਭੇਦ ਕਹੈ ਹਮ ਏਕ ਨ ਜਾਨਯੋ ॥

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਪਾਨ ਕਿ੍ਰਪਾ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕਿਰ ਮੈ ਨ ਕਹਯੋ ਸਭ ਤੋਹਿ ਬਖਾਨਯੋ ॥੮੬੩॥

(ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਰਾਮਾਵਤਾਰ)

• 2 weeks later...