Science Related To Hair

GurBaani

I found this information on a site...The URL is below...

It says that keeping hair reduces chances of cancer, asthma, SARS, tuberculosis, decaying of the teeth, Bone problems/diseases, sunburn, and etc. Also, it says that hair attract solar energy and the energy is then provided to the brain.

site: Hair Science and other facts about Sikhism

More sites to look into:

(1) http://www.sikh.net/sikhism/W/Hair1.htm

(2) http://www.sikh.net/sikhism/W/Hair2.htm

(3) http://www.sikh.net/SIKHISM/W/Hair3.htm

I found this information on a site...The URL is below...

It says that keeping hair reduces chances of cancer, asthma, SARS, tuberculosis, decaying of the teeth, Bone problems/diseases, sunburn, and etc. Also, it says that hair attract solar energy and the energy is then provided to the brain.

I found it cool...I was searching about Nasa having Maharaj ji to help discover space...And found this...

Does anyone have any Gurbaani related to this...or anything that you would know of? :s

site: Hair Science and other facts about Sikhism

When discussing science, it would be useful to actually quote scientific sources as opposed to spurious websites.

Hair has many benefits, but preventing SARS is not one of them (as an example of a seemingly bizarre statement)!

When discussing science, it would be useful to actually quote scientific sources as opposed to spurious websites.

Hair has many benefits, but preventing SARS is not one of them (as an example of a seemingly bizarre statement)!

I said does anyone know anything about this?...your post doesn't help me... All I can make out of your post is that your just willing to start an argument...

As an avid believer of sikhism nothing as such should be Bizarre to you...Where sikhism begins all the sciences go blank...

veer/bhain gurbaani jio, i think you're overreacting to miri piri's post a little. all he/she was saying that when quoting facts, they need to be from a credible source. that's not to say that the source you gave isn't credible, nor that those facts are false. of course as gursikhs we all understand the importance of kesh, but when explaining to others, it would seem more believable if you're giving an actual scientific source.

interesting info though, would be good to look into this more. :s

I said does anyone know anything about this?...your post doesn't help me... All I can make out of your post is that your just willing to start an argument...

As an avid believer of sikhism nothing as such should be Bizarre to you...Where sikhism begins all the sciences go blank...

Ok, here's the score. If Guru Granth Sahib Ji says, "Hair curs or prevents SARS" then I accept. But if a website asserts this withou scientific or Gurbani evidence, then I am not even interested. Especially such absurd statements as keeping kersh prevents SARS. That is so ridiculous that it woudl be hilarious if not so utterly dangerous!

Now, I have a degree in a scientific subject so this matter is close to my heart. But I woudl liek to say, I know of nothing in Guru Granth Sahib Ji that contradicts anything I learnt. In fact, modern science like string theory (not so modern now) is actually open to the idea of many parallel universes. Something simialr mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

So, you see, I am not trying to start an argument, I just want teh glory and not the joke to be on Sikhi.