Punjabi Not Mandatory In Punjab Schools , Other States Make Regional Languages Mandatory, Progressing Fast

Guest Guest

The “State language” Punjabi in State of Punjab is not mandatory to be taught in schools. Can someone put light as why Punjab govt shy away from such decision. This is in light that there are many other states ( West Bengal(Bengali)l, Kerala(Malay am), Andra Pradesh(telgu) , Tamil Nadu (tamil)) etc which have made mandatory that all schools ( Govt, private,public,convent etc) have to thought their state languages in schools from class 1 to 10th.

If you see recent education levels, It is the people from south India & even Bengal who are doing excellent in IT, Banking & Business management studies. Their boys get best high paying jobs. They come abroad on high salaries. While our Punjabis kids went into drugs back home. Come illegally abroad. Do labour jobs here. Who is winning. The rulers of Kuam that do not respect own mother language, how can they make Punjab progress. If a Kuam do not respect its own mother language , how can education can give respect to such a kuam.

By the way , there is not point in blaming centre govt. Education is state subject. It have nothing to do with any centre govt powers. All powers are in Punjab. We get used to blame for every thing on centre govt. But on education we cannot blame centre. To whom we should pin point. Who is to blame. It is not question of sikh,hindu,muslim etc. Punjabi is regional common language that shows our culture. Why the MLAs in Punjab do not pass this rule. Which party is against Punjabi in Punjab. We need to understand, that. I was seeing yesterday night , “Concern” programme in “Channel Punjab” A retired Vice Chancellor of Punjabi university says, we are not able to make this decision due to political pressures in state. I wonder which political Punjabis was he talking about?

Students should learn international language like, English , even can learn Sanskrit , Hindi . That’s is fine. But a State Language should be must to value our culture. Can some one shed light as what stops MLAs in Punjab in not passing this simple rule in Punjab assembly

yeah good point.

if you ever talk to a young person in punjab, they never even heard of the Punjabi Suba movement. So may people, mostly sikhs, died after 1947 to make a Punjabi speaking state. Punjab was made after much sacrifice in 1966.

i heard Badal was talking about making it mandatory for gov't officials to speak punjabi in gov't offices....

peace.

yeah good point.

if you ever talk to a young person in punjab, they never even heard of the Punjabi Suba movement. So may people, mostly sikhs, died after 1947 to make a Punjabi speaking state. Punjab was made after much sacrifice in 1966.

i heard Badal was talking about making it mandatory for gov't officials to speak punjabi in gov't offices....

peace.

Govt Officer? May be good idea, Butl I wish Mr Badal just follow what others states have done, Make reginal language manadary in all schools in punjab. No big brainer. Just follow already succesful states