Who Is A Gurmukh

OhTwadi

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw gurmiq irdy grIbI AwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa guramath ridhae gareebee aavai||

I love him deeply who cultivates humility through Gurmat, the wisdom of Guru.

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw pr nwrI dy nyV n jwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa par naaree dhae naerr n jaavai||

I love him deeply who does not go near another’s wife.

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw prdrby nUM hQ n lwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa paradharabae noo(n) hathh n laavai||

I love him deeply who touches not the other’s wealth.

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw prinµdw sux Awp htwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa parani(n)dhaa sun aap hattaavai||

I love him deeply who becoming indifferent to the backbiting of others detatches himself.

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw siqgur dw aupdyS kmwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa sathigur dhaa oupadhaesh kamaavai||

I love him deeply who listening to the teaching of the true Guru practices it in actual life.

hauN iqs Gol GumwieAw QoVw svyN QoVw hI KwvY]

hou(n) this ghol ghumaaeiaa thhorraa savae(n) thhorraa hee khaavai||

I love him deeply who sleeps little and eats little.

gurmuK soeI shj smwvY ]ô]

guramukh soee sehaj samaavai ||a||

Such a gurmukh absorbs himself in the equipoise.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow a beautiful question to raise.

Avaasta of a gurmukh:

"gurmukh andar sahaj hai man chadhya dasve akaas. tithe oongh na bhukh hai har amrit naam sukh vaas. nanak dukh sukh vyapat nahin jithe aatam raam pargaas."

He has assan chautha paad, he has sehaj, prakaash 24/7 and is drinking amrit russ 24/7.

when gurbani is refering to being a sleep and being awake it is again talking in the context of the mind, here is the avaasta of a manmukh:

Tin Gunni Sansaar Param Soota Sootai Rahn Veedani. Gur Kirpa Teh Seh Jun Jaagi

The mind has come into the 3 qualities and taking so much russ from kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and hankaar the mind has fallen asleep here. and only thru the gurus kirpa will ones mind rise above the 3 qualities, goto the 4th and be awakened.

The gurmukhs learn the 'jaaj' (the way) from the guru on how to rise above the 3 qualities and awaken the mind at the 4th state, once a mind reaches gurmukh status they are awake undin (day and night). Again this is avaasta of the mind not physical body.

The tri-gunas that are referred to are the gift of god. How is it that one can come out of these gunas. The three qualities are linked with creation, sustenance and destruction.The concept is illustrated by Brahma,Vishnu, shivas. and also 'aum'.

Kindly expalin as to what are these three gunas in a few lines only and as to how one should come out of the trigun as you have said to me in some other thread as well.

Regards

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=29609&hl=

That topic might help with regards to what the three Guns are. The three qualities of Maya are Rajo, Tamo and Sato. Gurmukh's rise above this state to attain 'a fourth stage of celestial bliss'. Gurbani mentions this many many times.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=352

The above is just one Shabad of many.

In answer to 'how one should come out of trigun' - Har Raam Naam Jap Laaha.

besoft ji you are partially right and so is lowest of the low singhni ji.

the trigun is what we call 'sookham maya' (unseen) - it is bestowed within us: RAJGUN SATGUN TAMGUN EHI KAHYA TERI SAAB MAYA.

I will, with gurus kirpa, attempt to explain this with 2 different forms, one is when the mind is a vapaari (shopper) and one when the mind is a kaadari (player).

The shopper:

The mind comes to this trigun with a currency of the breathe. Like on the outside we have pounds/dollars/rupees etc on the inside we have breathes. In gurbani the breathe is refered to as ratan (precious jewels) because no value can be on put on them.

The three shopping centres within us are SATOGUN, RAJOGUN and TAMOGUN...and the 4th one which is MUKTI

Now from satogun the mind is allowed to buy the following:

FAITH

COMPASSION

TRUTH

HONOUR

HUMILITY

CHARTIABLE

PATIENTS

FORGIVEFUL

When we spend our breath on rajogun the HUKUM is we are allowed to buy LIVELYHOOD so we need clothes, food, car, phone, house, money etc to survive this is the hukum.

Now there are things on this shopping centre that vaheguru has forbid us to buy:

materialistic thrists

materialistic desires

anxiety

worries

vichaar/thoughts

^^

We we buy this stuff it will cause us punishment, gurbani says: TRISHNA VAADA ROGUE LAAGA MARN MANO VISAARA (you will contract a big disease and it will go when u die)

we then have tamogun:

the HUKUM from vaheguru WHEN one is married is KAAM, this is for reproduction. but if ur not married you dont need to goto tamogun here we have the following:

lust

anger

greed

attachement

ego

jealousy

hate

gossip

backbiting

wanting anothers body

wanting anothers wealth

lying.

Each of these will lead us into many 'joons' (lifes) each one has a punishment, i'll give one example: BADI BADI ANHKAARI NANAK GARBA GALI [the one with a big ego shall die in the womb of the mother again and again]

please take note that i am talking about the MIND, where ever your thoughts go is where you will spend your breath, and CHITTAR GUPT will right this down: CHITTER GUPT SAAB LIKH DI LEKA and then at the end your SAAB will be done by dharam rai and he will give you the next joon according to where you have spent your breathes the most (rajo, tamo, sato).

If we spend our breathes on the 4th hut we will receive naam which will take us out of all this. The way to do that is through meditation, kill all your thoughts gurbani says: VICHAAR MARI THAARA THARI OOLT JOON NAAH AVAI.

In gurbani it says 'chaar paadarth laai jug aiya' (he came with the 4 cardinal blessings), who gave us these? the satguru did!

In gurbani satogun is refered to as SUKH SAAGAR, rajogun is referred to as BIKH SAGAR (sea of posion) and TAMOGUN is referred to as AGAAN SAGAR (sea of fire)

The Player:

There are two games that vaheguru has made, one that occurs during the day and one that occurs during the night, the game we'll discuss here is the one during the day.

Each day when we wake up we come down to the trigun, from sato we goto rajogun - be it from sikh to brahamgyani it is hukum to goto rajogun and do work BECAUSE sikh is not a begger.

So lets discuss the two ways the game is played. Now here is a difference upon how the game is played, In gurbani it talks about how the manmukh (sleeping mind) plays the game and the gurmukh (woken mind) plays the game.

The manmukh player:

The manmukh comes down to rajogun ....and the 5 demons come from TAMOGUN to RAJOGUN to capture the mind and take it to tamogun.....and the manmukh (mind is asleep) doesnt know it is taken between RAJOGUN and TAMOGUN all day...and ALL DAY the 5 demons make the mind spend its breathes on the rajogun and tamogun, this is the game - the 5 demons and kaal (devil) have hukum from vaheguru to make sure the mind spends all its breathes on rajogun and tamogun, make it forget the path to satogun

The mind is told each day by vaheguru to make sure the 5 demons dont capture you! stray away from them as they will lead you into many pains.

In gurbani the ROAD from RAJOGUN TO TAMOGUN is called DHAAT gurbani says: liv dhaat dho raah hai HUKUMI KAR KAMAI. The manmukh then goes to sleep unaware of anything, the mind doesnt know how it left the body upon goin to sleep and then the next day it is unaware how the mind came back.

The gurmukh player:

Now the gurmukh whose mind is awoken, those that have the NAAM are considered awaken. The gurmukh comes to satogun during the day...does his work...the 5 demons are unable to touch that mind because he has the NAAM. Then at the end of the day the gurmukh, knowing his way home, goes from RAJOGUN to SATOGUN ..crosses the bhavsagar and enters the 4th realm (chauthaa paad)

The gurmukh always stay on the 'liv' path which in gurbani is what is called sant marg: SANT KA MARG DHARM KI PAURI KAU VAAD BHAAGI PAI.

The gurmukh went to the guru, learnt how to play this game (akath katha) trained his mind (simran) and won this game! The manmukh never asked the guru how to play this game and loses this precious life.

From this post and the previous one is should be stated that this is all about the mind NOT physical, the manmukh and gurmukh are statuses of the mind. By wearing a chola one does not become gurmukh, IT IS THE STATUS OF THE MIND.