Prayers

Guest dee

When you are listening to prayers such as on You tube do you always have to have your head covered? Is it ok to do homework, eat whilst listening?

Another q can you just ask God for what you want by covering your head and asking after praying or is it only if you do certain prayers?

I have been depressed for months and have exams have been praying everyday and asking my mum to pray for me to get better. I have been listening to Sukhmani Sahib all day and feel so happy even though nothing in my life changed today but it gives me hope! I just want to listen non-stop.

I was given antidepressants, counselling tried everything couldn't eat, sleep, cried all the time, did no work, obsessed over being dumped and was upset all the time. Naam Jap really helps especially Sukhmani Sahib- I recommend going on youtube it has Panjabi with English translation, its beautiful.

I'm still upset but I feel like I have direction once more but need to study for my exam on Monday I'm scared :D

Sukhmani Sahib and remembering Waheguru will wipe away your sins, get rid of fear, pain, suffering, anxiety, sorrow etc. You will be happier, your hopes will be fulfilled but once they are don't forget Waheguru.

Any other tips to help me stop obsessing about the past will be appreciated and any other useful prayers or lines from Prayers

thanks for the youtube advice ill check it out. ive just got over depression took me over 2 years!im only in my 20's. but why get depressed?whats the point. yeah people hurt u and things happen but people move on. when things get tough u have to work harder. do phaat, exercise etc. also talk about ur problem. i find that so hard but it does help it doesnt have to be anyone close(sometimes that doesnt help) but a friend or whoever. message me if u want.

futeh