Royal Navy Open Day - Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick England

singh_comradz

WJKK WJKF,

The Royal Navy will be visting the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick on the 10th Feb 2008 at 10am to 2pm in HALL 1. There will be activites for the young generations and there will be presentations and display shows for the Youth. there will be also a change to speak to the recuiment team on the day.

We request as many youths and children to come to this event. With you support and ideas we will be more stronger to be able to get the youth and chldren into these events and into the gurdwaras.

Please see the poster belowe

WJKK WJKF

post-6978-1202163111_thumb.jpg

i think i agree with him ^^^^

the british and american forces are fighting unjustifiable wars in iraq and afghanistan, which i feel a more economically fueled rather than trying to make the world "more politically stable". if anything, since they have invaded these countries, the world is far less stable.

i feel it is inevitable that they are going to invade iran. which will further destabalise the world.

the armed forces DO kill innocent civilians, torture and rape. racism is also a problem. its just very rare that we get to find out about their war crimes.

when it does come into the open, such as the incident involving american troops at the abu ghraib prison in iraq, then they claim it to be an "isolated incident". Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_prisoner_abuse

in a democratic nation it is illegal to torture prisoners of war, yet this DOES occur, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_site

Sikhs allegiances are only to Akaal purakh and our guru. i feel that world war 1 & 2 were ok for sikhs to fight in because the german nazis were oppressors, killing innocent jewish people, intent on ruling the world.

i personally dont think that sikhs should aspire to join our british army. but this is a decision each individual must make themselves

sorry if i have offended anyone, especially to anyone with family members currently engaged in armed combat. i hope they keep safe

vjkk vjkf