Sangats View...

Guroo Guroo Jaap

I would just like to know the Sangats view on this!

My mum has this friend that she is really really really close with. They have been friends for over 35 years now, and my mum would believe anything she says because she trusts her that much. (By that, i mean about Sikhi). My mums friend is Amritdhaari. and my nan (my mums mum) wants to take Amrit but she is afraid that she mite get sum hair she wont want on her face and she went to my mums friend about this to ask her for her opinion, because supposidly she knows alot on Sikhi. My nan told her the problem, and her response was... "Ive been Amritdhaari for a long time now. And i always do my eyebrows and my arms and my legs etc..." and she woz goin on bout stuf like "God doesnt mind if you have hair or not..." and jst stuf like that. She even said that Guru Gobind Singh Ji disowned Nihangs!!!!! ohmy.gif and obviously i know that if u remove even one hair on purpose then u've broken ur Amrit. but no1 wants 2 listen 2 me coz "im just a kid" and she been Amritdhaari 4 ages and "she knows wot she goin on bout". And now because of this my nan feels much better bout taking Amrit and she thinks its ok to do her face and rest of her body etc wen she taken Amrit. I know that Amrit is such a biggggg thing, and if you do it, you should do it properly and not make a mockery. What do Sangat Ji think i should do on this? Personaly i think if she still wanted to remover her hair, then she shouldnt take Amrit as it is such a big thing!

Taken from http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/

1. Kesh – Unshorn Hair

From your head down to your toes all hair is to be kept unshorn and your hair is to be tied

and complemented with a turban,

…swbq sUriq dsqwr isrw]

"…complete form is with turban donned." (SGGSJ Ang 1084)

For the respect of your hair, two turbans are to be tied, tying each layer one at a time. There should be a small turban tied underneath and a larger one tied above this. Women must not plait their hair36 and should keep their hair tied in a bun/top-knot, in order to

36 Plaiting of the hair is forbidden as it is viewed as styling your hair, all types of hairstyle are forbidden and the hair should be simply tied and complemented with a turban. Respect your Kesh a small turban should be tied. Keski is not a kakkar (one of the five K’s).

iehY mor AwigAw sunhu hy ipAwry ]

ibnw Ssqr kysM idvoN n iddwry ]

"Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee says, listen to this command oh beloved, This is the essential pre-requisite to attain my darshan. Without arms and kesh I will not give you darshan."

God also revealed Himself as Kesdhari when He gave Darshan/revealed Himself to Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee, He did so in the form of a human with unshorn hair;

sohxy nk ijn lMmVy vwlw ]

"Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long."

(SGGSJ Ang 567)

inrhwrI kysv inrvYrw ]

"God does not need to eat; His Hair is Wondrous and Beautiful; He is free o f hate."

(SGGSJ Ang 98)

http://damdamitaksaal.net/index.php?option...p;limitstart=13

http://damdamitaksaal.net/index.php?option...p;limitstart=14

Its all about inner cleansing and discipline.

Naked come naked Go

This hair, this body, nothing shall go along with you at the end!!!!

Only your deeds will go along with you at the end!!!

Doesn't mean we stop wearing clothes. Doesn't mean we stop taking bath. Same way, doesn't mean we should remove hair.

if the mind is pure, if the mind lives under the divine law, we could go out naked, it wont matter. If the mind is pure and does not smell of the stink of sin it will not matter if we take bath or not. Animals live under divine law, they walk around naked. they have more than one partner, does that make them impure? its all in the mind.

Naked come naked Go

Doesn't mean we stop wearing clothes. Doesn't mean we stop taking bath. Same way, doesn't mean we should remove hair.

if the mind is pure, if the mind lives under the divine law, we could go out naked, it wont matter. If the mind is pure and does not smell of the stink of sin it will not matter if we take bath or not. Animals live under divine law, they walk around naked. they have more than one partner, does that make them impure? its all in the mind.

Right, so lets all become jains... grin.gif

Naked come naked Go

just trying to make a point like mehtab ji did.

i was talking to a muslim friend the other day. i said there is no point in eating animals when there are so many vegetables out n about. I said GOD has given us the right to kill animal for food, but that is a need, if there are so many vegetables and other nature food about, why kill animals and he said Plants are living things as well so we shouldnt eat them either. I was quiet not becausz i didnt have anything to say but because i didnt bother replying. If we eat meat when there are so many other options available, then its just desire. Desiring to eat meat.

everyone will defend their beliefs regardless of religion they belong to. Similar sikhs say we shouldn't cut hair because It is his hukam. If it is hukam, then we shouldnt cut our nails. If it his hukam then we shouldn't cut growing grass too. If its command, then we shouldn't edit nature in anyway. The law goes for everything not just hair.

Naked come naked Go

just trying to make a point like mehtab ji did.

i was talking to a muslim friend the other day. i said there is no point in eating animals when there are so many vegetables out n about. I said GOD has given us the right to kill animal for food, but that is a need, if there are so many vegetables and other nature food about, why kill animals and he said Plants are living things as well so we shouldnt eat them either. I was quiet not becausz i didnt have anything to say but because i didnt bother replying. If we eat meat when there are so many other options available, then its just desire. Desiring to eat meat.

everyone will defend their beliefs regardless of religion they belong to. Similar sikhs say we shouldn't cut hair because It is his hukam. If it is hukam, then we shouldnt cut our nails. If it his hukam then we shouldn't cut growing grass too. If its command, then we shouldn't edit nature in anyway. The law goes for everything not just hair.

Just as god commands certain things, he does not command us to do others. It's not about "natural" things, its what about Guru ji asks us to do, as his Sikhs.

It just happens, most of those follow natural order.

grin.gif