Are Rss Not So Bad?

fauji07

i found this on wikipidia in the article about Khalistan. i was just woundering if what its says about rss and BJP standing up for sikhs during the 1984 pogroms are true.

from khalistan movement article, wikipedia

On the morning of 31 October 1984, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was shot-dead by two Sikh security guards in New Delhi. The assassination triggered fulminant violence against Sikhs across north India.

While the ruling party, Congress(I), maintained that the violence was due to spontaneous riots, its critics have alleged that the Congress members had planned a progom against the Sikhs. Its critics alleged that State-operated national television was used by the state to incite violence against the Sikhs, in violation of the Article 20.2 of the ICCPR and the Article 7 of the UDHR. Sixteen politicians were named as organisers of the riots. Many senior Congress leader were also indicted.

The anti-Congress Indian parties, such as the Bharatiya Janata Party strongly condemned the riots.[29] During the riots, some Hindus protected Sikhs, particularly those of Hindutva background. The Sikh author Khushwant Singh stated:

"It was the Congress leaders who instigated mobs in 1984 and got more than 3000 people killed. I must give due credit to RSS and the BJP for showing courage and protecting helpless Sikhs during those difficult days. No less a person than Atal Bihari Vajpayee himself intervened at a couple of places to help poor taxi drivers."[30]

Two major civil-liberties organisations issued a joint report on the anti-Sikh riots naming sixteen important politicians, thirteen police officers and one hundred and ninety-eight others, accused by survivors and eye-witnesses.[31] In January 1985, journalist Rahul Bedi of the Indian Express and Smitu Kothari of the People's Union for Civil Liberties “moved the High Court of Delhi to demand a judicial inquiry into the pogrom on the strength of the documentation carried out by human rights organizations

MAJH GOHA

some hindus did help, and they may or may not have been of RSS background, but NEVER did the RSS openly suppost SIkhs as a whole organization

good point, when i went india in 2006 i got of in delhi and had to drive 2 punjab and when me and my cousin where putting the luggage in our other cusins van a hindu guy came and tried to give us a hand which we said we dont need then he replied give me atleast 10ruprees he asked my baba because hes a singh like me lol he relpied i will not take ot off anyone except the singh i want him to give me the money my grandad only had his english notes he didnt exchange them and my cousin with cut hair was trying to give him some ruprees and the hindu guy said should i kill your family like i did in 84>, when he said this i was in the van i was outraged i was shouting i got out and punched him and then my family stopped me. i believe i was totally right and i think my actions are justified who agrees????? if someone says that to your family member would you do the same thing?????