Need Help

Guest wannabee singh

Guest wannabee singh

hi

for the 2years iv slowly got more and more into sikhism. i decided about a year ago that i would start keeping my kesh, however since then, every 3/4 months i will trim my beard really short. i think its becoming a cycle which keeps repeating itself. 2days ago after 3/4months of not cutting any kesh, i dunno y but i grabbed a beard trimmer and trimmed all my beard off that had grown so now its really short again. And i just feel really bad now, and am going to try to keep my kesh again, but i am just worried that 3/4 months down the line i will just do it again.

i just really need help and advice as to what to do so that i dont do this again. I come from a non amritdhari family, my dad, brothers,cousins,uncles are all clean shaven and dont wear turbans. but i just really love sikhi and i just hate myself right now for doing this again. any advice would be appreciated

thanks

awwwww firstly its good that you've decided to make a change, im exactly in the same position as you i stopped cutting mine a lil while ago and my family are the typical punjabi pakhandis lol. but you should be proud to be a singh! its kirpa that you've gotten this far especially since your family arent into sikhi as much. Reading sakhiya about the guru jis and shaheeds is what really helped me but just keep good sangat around you, go to the gurdwara and talk to people im sure they'l be able to set you in the right direction just dont ever give up :@

um i used to shave my dhari before and used to feel guilty afterwards. but the guilt is a good thing at least ur not shaving like hell and not caring about doing it. use the guilt and pray thats what i did......do ardaas. also when u grow ur dhari u get a lot more respect trust me. i thght i was respected b4 when i used to shave but when u grow ur dhari its looks beautiful. need any advice pm me.

um i used to shave my dhari before and used to feel guilty afterwards. but the guilt is a good thing at least ur not shaving like hell and not caring about doing it. use the guilt and pray thats what i did......do ardaas. also when u grow ur dhari u get a lot more respect trust me. i thght i was respected b4 when i used to shave but when u grow ur dhari its looks beautiful. need any advice pm me.

Too True!!!!!

The amount of respect you will get 4rm Singhs, and even gore!!!!! I remember 2 Gyani's were standing oppisite a road 4rm me once, and they saw me, i looked at them, and at the top of their voice they shouted "WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH FATEHHH!!!!"

It iz reli amazing!!

And yes, Dhaari looks so beautiful!! And u will neva once regret it!!!!

the goreh(white people) sorry to use the term used to come up to me when i had grown a beard. they were fascinated. penji good people will only respect u for showing love 4 sikh. who cares what all teh other self obessesed people think its about u!!!!i used to wear a patka for years up 2 the age of 22 when i started wearing a dastaar random uncles/aunties giani's wud come and say futeh to me. grow ur dhari bro.......all i did was ardaas 4 3 days and from then on i started growing it. u'l love brave, beautiful and come on random gianee will say futeh to u across the road like the bro above lol!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Its beautiful that youre trying! But Sikhi begins within... once you firm your inner love for Guru Gobind Singh ji through Gurbani recitation (eg nitnem, sukhmani sahib), Simran and Seva, then the physical part will naturally fall in to place.. If you begin within then the outside will seem much much easier! Take care bro, God bless you!!