What Is This, Some Sort Of Conversion Advice On Net?

Eshani

Its not very hard to break their dum arguments. Here goes...

According to Dr. Hari Ram Gupta, author of A Life-Sketch of Guru Nanak, Nanak started his mission at a time when both Hinduism and Islam as practiced in the Indian Subcontinent had become distorted and degraded.

Now guess what, they are using a source of a Hindu author who claimed that both Hinduism and Islam were distorted and degraded. These fools have no idea that they have FINALLY admitted to Islam being distorted and degraded at some point in history in some part of the world. Yes Gurujee came to teach the truth and thats how we were blessed by Sikhi, but who was there to redeem Muslims out of distortion and degradation? Any answers? So the conclusion should be that Muslims along with Hindus should have also become Sikhs and got themselves out of this distortion and degradation.

Guru Nanak was a religious reformer at best; he was not the founder of any new religion.

I personally don't like to say or even think that Gurujee was a "founder" of a "religion". Both these words seem too small to describe the divine personality of Gurujee. Gurujee is a savior, who blessed humanity with the truth and the true way to attain God. "Founder" ki hunda? Sikhi koi company aa jo founder houga koi? What "religion"? Sikhi is a way of life, a path to God. "Religion" is a Western term. Sikhi is Sikh Panth, Khalsa is Khalsa Panth. Its a way because Panth means way or path. So when Sikhi is MORE THAN just a religion, and Gurujee is MORE THAN just a founder, it is clear that Gurujee is MUCH MORE than a religious reformer as well.

Sikhism is the creation of the Gurus, particularly of Guru Gobind Singh, whose compositions and innovations form the content and the framework of the new religion.

Gurujee has clearly said

jYsI mY AwvY Ksm kI bwxI qYsVw krI igAwnu vy lwlo ]

jaisee mai aavai khasam kee baanee thaisarraa karee giaan vae laalo ||

As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Tilang

Ang 722

Every word of Bani is from Akal Purakh Himself. We didn't have angels coming as messengers dictating stuff and things written down on leaves.

The scripture of Sikhism is not any revelation from God but only the compositions of the Gurus as well as those of certain Muslim and Hindu mystics. For this reason, there is no meaning in talking about the authenticity of the book as a Divine Revelation. Because neither the book nor the authors claim it to have been revealed by God.

I have already stated how Gurujee clearly said that Gurbani is the divine word of God from Akal Purakh directly. We don't need an angel as a witness to a revelation. The Islamic concept of God is totally different from the Sikh perspective, as they don't have a concept of Naam Simran (maybe the Sufis do, but they are sadly considered apostates by mainstream Muslims). They don't have a concept of God being omnipresent because they have a problem with God being present even in toilets. Thus they have no potential or calibre to question Gurbani as they are themselves have limited the Infinite Almighty as a resident of a seventh heaven.

Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaj compiled the Bani recited by the first 5 Guru Sahibaan and loads of Hindu and Muslim saints. All of these souls were one with Akal Purakh, all of them spoke about Akal Purakh and not themselves, all of them glorified love for God and not superstitions and rituals. The most striking aspect is that nothing in Bani is contradictory. Gurbani is not an instruction manual that lays out rules about how to wash your hands etc. The order in Bani is right in the beginning, and that is JAP. Another is to live in Waheguru's Hukam/Bhana. Then there is getting up at Amritvela, earning your livelihood honestly, meditating on His Name with every breath etc. Gurbani tells us how to live this life in the best possible way. We are not tempted by a heaven where 72 virgins are awaiting us, where rivers of milk flow and offerings of wine are made (which are surprisingly prohibited when you are alive on planet earth).

As Muslims, we can perform da`wah to the Sikhs, chiefly by appealing to their faith in the Oneness of God. We can tell them that Guru Nanak was most probably a Muslim when he died; the available evidence favors that conclusion. Anyway he did not try to replace Islam with a new religion; on the other hand, his utterances point to the fact that he certainly believed Islam to be the True Religion of God.

"Guru Nanak was PROBABLY a Muslim" shows their uncertainty. Just because Sikhi believes in One God is no reason to claim that Gurujee was a Muslim. Both Judaism and Christianity came before Islam and believe in One God. Does that imply Hazrat Muhammad was Jew or Christian? No! They can go ahead and carry on their da'wah, and fail miserably before any GurSikh who knows his/her stuff well enough.

Nowhere did Gurujee proclaim Islam as the true religion.

puCx Kol ikqwb nUM vfw ihMdU kI muslmwnoeI]

pushhan khol kithaab noo(n) vaddaa hi(n)dhoo kee musalamaanoee||

They asked Baba Nanak to open and search in his book whether Hindu is great or the Muslim.

bwbw AwKy hwzIAW SuB AmlW bwJo dovyN roeI]

baabaa aakhae haazeeaaa(n) shubh amalaa(n) baajho dhovae(n) roee||

Baba replied to the pilgrim hajis, that, without good deeds both will have to weep and wail.

Vaaraan Bhai Gurdas Jee

Now about the "utterances"

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Ang 680

nwmu guir dIE hY ApunY jw kY msqik krmw ]

naam gur dheeou hai apunai jaa kai masathak karamaa ||

My Guru gives the Naam, the Name of the Lord, to those who have such karma written on their foreheads.

nwmu idRVwvY nwmu jpwvY qw kw jug mih Drmw ]1]

naam dhrirraavai naam japaavai thaa kaa jug mehi dhharamaa ||1||

He implants the Naam, and inspires us to chant the Naam; this is Dharma, true religion, in this world. ||1||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Ang 266

srb Drm mih sRyst Drmu ]

sarab dhharam mehi sraesatt dhharam ||

Of all religions, the best religion

hir ko nwmu jip inrml krmu ]

har ko naam jap niramal karam ||

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Bihaagraa on Ang 547

swDsMgim hir ArwDy sgl klml duK jly ]

saadhhasa(n)gam har araadhhae sagal kalamal dhukh jalae ||

Worshipping the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, all my sins and sufferings are burnt away.

mhw Drm sudwn ikirAw sMig qyrY sy cly ]

mehaa dhharam sudhaan kiriaa sa(n)g thaerai sae chalae ||

This is the greatest religion, and the best act of charity; this alone shall go along with you.

Where does Gurujee even come close to mentioning the name of ANY religion?

Relax people! Its just a bunch of illiterate fanatics who don't even know the basics of both Sikhi and Islam. Maulvi paise de dinde ki jaao Sikhaan da dimag khrab karo, eh ni pata ki jina nu paise ditte aa ohna da apna top floor khaali aa. If an <banned word filter activated> like me can break their arguments, you can be sure what kind of mega idiots these brainwashing dhobbis are. Ehna nu kisi hospital di laundry ch naukri de deyo, baahla shaunk lagda ehna nu washing da. Othe brain transplant wi miluga te washing vi karn nu miloogi.

I am not even going to bother about the Sargun-Nirgun deal. We've debated enough on this with them for years now, that too on several forums. Like I said, their concept of God is in itself totally different to that in Sikhi. They cannot comprehend a God who is omnipresent because then God would have to be present even in toilets and gutters, which they find hard to figure out. Its really simple. God is not separate from His creation, atleast for Sikhs thats the way how it is. He is in every pore of His creation, whether it is a garden of flowers or toilets. They fail to see this. H2O is ice (solid), water (liquid) and gas (vapor), yet it is still H2O. God is similarly both Sargun and Nirgun. God alone is the truth. Nothing is outside or beyond God. They perhaps believe that God sits in the 7th heaven and so cannot grasp the concept of God being Infinite. We don't believe in some evil figure like Satan, while they do, implying that God has an adversary. In Sikhi there is ONE GOD and He has no equal. There is absolutely no need to get confused.