Akali Dal Badal Leader Caught Transporting Heroin

I am not an expert on this but I think this has to do with a lot of thing, especially of the promotion and glorification of liquor & alcohol in music and on television.

The fact that Punjabi culture these days embraces alcohol consumption is probably what is leading to the consumption of drugs. A person who starts to drink (especially people who tend to abuse these things) will eventually start to look at other sources for the same "kick" eg. tobacco, marijuana, opium, crack ect.

Also a lack of knowledge related to the consequences of taking narcotics, the longterm health effects and dependencies that might arise are not readily known to people, the common misconception among most youths is that they can "quit" anytime.

Another thing is the availability of these drugs in Punjab. Highly accessible drugs will attract people (youths in particular) who want experiment with these drugs to see what will happen but again underestimate the risk associated with doing such a thing like addiction or even death from overdose or allergic reaction.

The drug menace in Punjab needs to be curb immediately before its too late. People in Punjab need to realize that drugs are the cancer that can break down and destroy entire communities.

Knew this is going to happen one day. We all knew that the so called leaders are supplying it to our people. What our leaders are doing now in panjab is exactly what the american government did to african-americans in 70s-80s, Divide and Conquer.

i don't think the american govt gave african americans drugs, also its pretty bad our leaders our selling drugs but the root of the problem is why is their a demand for these drugs in the first place, why are youth doing drugs in the first place?

na man i am pretty sure that the american gov had something to do with it, but maybe im listening to to much hip hop lol

The American Govt had a huge hand in the crack/cocaine epidemic amongst African American Resistance. You simply need to look up the agenda and actions of COINTELPRO a govt program bent on destroying The Black Power Movement.

Our community has been kept uneducated while liquor and drugs glorified. This is a part of system which has manfucturred itself for the sole purpose of allowing the higher ups and elites to maintain their graps on power by oppressing the population through structural/indirect violence on the people.

This is NOT a self-inflicted genocide, its a part of a system of oppression created for the very purposes of giving the illusion of interperonal violence. However, what is this abuse, etc rooted in? Where does it come from?.... IT IS the insitutions, the govt, policies, etc

Ok, I agree that the Afro-American community was targeted by US governmental agencies with drugs. I presume you are talking about the Black Panther movement.

BUT...regarding intoxicant issues within the Sikh and Panjabi community. Get real - it is largely self inflicted (as much as it pains me to say that). Anyone even taking a cursory glance at back home will notice how much they LOVE whiskey. *EDITED*

Also look at how many Panjabi songs are about, which are usually written or sung by people of monay sikh descent. These usually glorify caste and getting drunk at they same time. No governmental agency is behind this.

Hell, only a few years ago in London, the majority of private Off Licences were owned and run by people who are Sikh and came from the Panjab. A LARGE proportion STILL ARE!

When will we stop blaming others for our own shortcomings?

The American Govt had a huge hand in the crack/cocaine epidemic amongst African American Resistance. You simply need to look up the agenda and actions of COINTELPRO a govt program bent on destroying The Black Power Movement.

Our community has been kept uneducated while liquor and drugs glorified. This is a part of system which has manfucturred itself for the sole purpose of allowing the higher ups and elites to maintain their graps on power by oppressing the population through structural/indirect violence on the people.

This is NOT a self-inflicted genocide, its a part of a system of oppression created for the very purposes of giving the illusion of interperonal violence. However, what is this abuse, etc rooted in? Where does it come from?.... IT IS the insitutions, the govt, policies, etc

:TH: :TH: :TH: :TH: :TH: :TH: :TH: :TH: