Ramgarhia is a Misl, not a caste (jaat).

Hari

Gurdwaras based on caste! how silly is this! because our religion was based on a casteless society!!!! and we have ramgharia. rada sawami, Namdharis, ravi dass, NAKLI nirinkaris as gurdwara's?? what the?????? are people losing their minds who actually follow these ???

The above is from the "Pass this on" thread.Why do you people still think that Ramgrahia Misl is a caste??Why are you so lacking in the intelligence department?Again and again I see poeple accusing Ramgarhia Misl of being a jaat.Now, I am sick and tired of this.

If you want to know what Ramgarhia Misl is then go here:

http://<banned site filter activated>/postgurus/R...m%20Sardars.htm

That is if you want to know.Some of you I reckon would still want to wallow in your utter ignorance of Sikh history.

Did you know that in the Ramgarhia Misl you get: Tarkhan, Jatt, Lohar, Khatri jaat?

Misl = alliance/confederacy

It is from the first decade of the eighteenth century that we take up the thread of our narrative. Guru Gobind Singh having established the Brotherhood of Lions (the Singhs) had gone back to Heaven leaving

the infant Khalsa surrounded by blood - thirsty foes. He had promised to lend a helping and guiding hand from above. But the helpless children of the faith, seeing no visible hand to support them, trusted all their welfare to the leadership of Banda Singh. Upon this great leader and warrior the Guru had bestowed his blessings, and had received in return many sacred pledges, Banda Singh promising to abide by the Guru's injunctions. He proved a good nurse to the young Lion - Cubs and avenged the murder of the two younger sons of the Guru who were mercilessly killed at Sirhind by the tyrant Mughal (Nawab Wazir Khan). The infant Khalsa soon grew to boyhood and learnt the use of its limbs. It was at this time that the following twelve Misls (confederacies) were formed.

(1) First and the greatest the Bhangi Misl ruled over a vast tract, the revenues of which were a little over a crore of Rupees. The Misl had 12,000 horsemen.

(2) The Ramgarhia Misl, exercised absolute sway over territories the maximum revenue of which was between four and five millions of Rupees. The Misl possessed 360 forts and an army of 10,000 horsemen. Many Rajas and Nawabs paid tribute to it.

(3) Kanhaiya Misl, had 8,000 fighting men.

(4) Ahluwalia Misl, the Raja of Kapurthala is its present representative.

(5) Phul Misl, the three ruling Chiefs of Patiala, Nabha and Jind are the descendants of this Misl and rule under British protection over territories conquered by their ancestors.

(6) Sukarchakian Misl, from this Misl rose the Great Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the Lion of the Punjab, who conquered many of the Misls.

(7) Karoria Misl, had 12,000 fighting men.

(8) Daleywalian Misl, had 7,500 fighting men.

(9) Nishanawalian (Banner bearer) Misl, had 12,000 followers.

(10) Fayzulapurian Misl, its descendants are still great Sardars.

(11) Shahidan (Martyrs) Misl, had 2,000 horsemen.

(12) Nakaian Misl, had 2,000 horsemen.

Understand now??Or is it too hard for you? :T:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call it whatever you want, but the bottom line is, it divides people, Misles,CAste,Biradri watever.

Khalsa is the only pure alliance, if u want to call it that.

If you are anything else beside SINGH or KAUR then you are not a sikh. :T:

Your reply was not a surprise.I knew this site would give such a reply.

Your not going to even read the highly acclaimed article by Sardar Sunder Singh Ramgarhia are you?

No, I didn't think so.

Nope, i just believe in "Manas kee jaat sabh ekay pachhaanbo". and if u already knew what this site was going to reply then why did u say
Understand now??Or is it too hard for you?

So you don't believe in learning about Sikh history?That's why I posted this message.For people who are genuinely interested in Sikh history.

Obviously there are some who couldn't care...

Hey hari,

I think Amardeep Singh veerji has a point, believe in the Khalsa panth.

There is no caste in Sikhi, its only brought by people who dont' want to give up their so called high position in society.

And I liked your Manhas ka quote as well, this is usually posted at every gurdwara I goto.

Treat human race as one.

Hari, everyone I know knows ramgharia was a misl. But for the last 200 years its been used as a caste. In fact many people, you ask them what caste are you, they say ramgharia, and they will only marry a ramgharia etc..

ramgharia has become a caste.

So my question would be...

your point?